Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:24 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
If we had our way, lets see....

People would be held accountable for their own actions. On the same hand, people would succeed or fail by their own merits not the color of their skin. People would be able to enjoy many rights that were granted to us, but have since then been taken away or suppressed.
You didn't answer the question in a macro way. What would Chicago look like in 2050?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 10:21 AM

90 posts, read 87,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I thought the OP was going somewhere else with this. But I'd like to know where right-wingers think this country will in 20, 50, 100 years if they had their way?

Continued incentives and deregulation for big business, cut spending on Gov't programs, low taxes, tough immigration policy, a hawkish military, and intolerant social programs.

How would this leave us? I see a tiny minority of super-rich; culturally segregated non-communities; decreasing political allies internationally, appalling pollution and environmental disasters; and a country not worth caring about.

Can someone on the right describe a different scenario?
If that is what you see as a result of what you predict will happen under GOP leadership, then you might consider having your intellectual-eyeballs replaced with ones that actually work.

Actually, if you do what you predict will happen, America will rise again, with renewed freedom and prosperity for all.

America grew up from it's infancy in 1776 to the greatest force for good, for human liberty and dignity, economic freedom and prosperity ever to be witnessed on this earth. and did so on a conservative political ideology.

However, what deToqueville predicted might happen, has happened, with the foreseen consequence. Liberalism is rotting the core out of America and at a daily-escalating pace.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:55 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Alright, I said Right wingers could have said any one on the right. I am talking economics here, don't care about bigots, evangelicals, trophy wives etc.......... So here's the deal, you are for big Government, you think the government should be providing bailouts for big banks, big oil, while eliminating health care, Social Security, Medicare, education, unemployment benefits, all the goodies, on and on and on, we all know the gig. So the question is and it is a serious question, I expect civil responses.........what is the end game where does it end?

Rapture.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:09 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,359,747 times
To turn the US into a whiter version of Mexico/Latin American banana republic

Old 08-03-2010, 01:14 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Just as an aside, did anybody else notice which of the two versions of this thread actually used competent punctuation and capitalization in its heading?

Right wingers.......What's your end game?

vs.

Liberals........whats your end game

Old 08-03-2010, 08:09 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,515 times
The end game?

A government whose special interest is the people of the United States, not corporations, not institutions, not organizations, not unions, not industry, not religious organizations, not any group that relies (sometimes preys) on the individual citizen to survive and thrive. Government should be a liaison between the citizen and the group.

Since a group is made up of citizens, then the essential purpose of government is to keep one citizen (or pack of citizens) from taking advantage of another. Those who are gullible need to be educated, those who are nefarious need to be regulated.

That's my view.

This matches exactly the post in the "Liberals... game" thread. I believe it applies here as well.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:13 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
The end game? To leave me the heck alone and to stop the petty theft from my paycheck to pay for something to benefit the very few or continue a catastrophic policy....

Old 08-03-2010, 08:15 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
The end game?

A government whose special interest is the people of the United States, not corporations, not institutions, not organizations, not unions, not industry, not religious organizations, not any group that relies (sometimes preys) on the individual citizen to survive and thrive. Government should be a liaison between the citizen and the group.

Since a group is made up of citizens, then the essential purpose of government is to keep one citizen (or pack of citizens) from taking advantage of another. Those who are gullible need to be educated, those who are nefarious need to be regulated.

That's my view.

This matches exactly the post in the "Liberals... game" thread. I believe it applies here as well.
You cannot educate the gullible, they are by definition, gullible.... you can't help stupid, stupid is as stupid does...

Old 08-03-2010, 08:29 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You cannot educate the gullible, they are by definition, gullible.... you can't help stupid, stupid is as stupid does...
I don't agree. Gullibility is not stupidity, it is naivety.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:31 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,317,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
What the OP has attributed to the Right Wing appears to be exactly what the LEFT has been doing. Projection perhaps?
Oh, no. He has it spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies