Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 06:09 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
obama election just brought the racists out of their closed circles and out of the closets.
Pretty much summed it up....racist hate the idea of a black president and they're scared now so they aren't so complacent as they were in their "White Guys as President Only" days....racists are the problem NOT Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 06:18 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Considering the source I take that as a compliment. Are you really suggesting that Obama ansd his cronies are not throwing gas on the flames with regard to race? If so please contact me offline bacause I have a lovely bridge for sale that I think you will be interested in.
Well if racist are so mad about Obama what can he do? You want him to step down or leave. Let Biden take over so racist can at least feel a little better? He cant help if someone hates how he was born. Sorry.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:34 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Pretty much summed it up....racist hate the idea of a black president and they're scared now so they aren't so complacent as they were in their "White Guys as President Only" days....racists are the problem NOT Obama.

Nope, Obama's radical agenda has nothing to do with it. It's all racism. Keep singing that song....

Old 08-04-2010, 06:39 AM

720 posts, read 690,947 times
Quote:
Nope, Obama's radical agenda has nothing to do with it. It's all racism. Keep singing that song....

Yeah it is a rather old song, isn't it? One I a particular tired of hearing...

Old 08-04-2010, 06:46 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times
Normally, I don't respond to posts that contain only a link, but your subject line was enough meat to chew on, so here I am, opening my big mouth.

I have to say that the statement is absurd. It places the blame for one's relationships on another. You are the only one responsible for the quality of your relationships.

President Obama is doing his job as he believes it should be done. Part of living in a democracy means letting our elected officials do their work as they choose. If we don't like it, we can vote them out at the next election. IF they break our laws, we can remove them earlier. At this point, I am not aware that he has broken any laws, no matter how creative the C-D Political Forum would have you believe otherwise.

Race relations suck in this country, and have ALWAYS. The tensions may have been hidden until now, when the economy is bad -- OUR fault, and people are stressed, but they've always been there.

Bigotry is a social disease and needs to be fixed in ours. We need to face our fears, our hatreds, and our sins against one another, REPENT, and move on. President Obama cannot initiate that healing, it has to start with each of US.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:51 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
The OP started it!!!!!!!!! trouble reading???

NOW be so kind as to show P R O O F that Obama has a "radical" agenda..give an example()....

maybe you could even EXPLAIN what that means...????????

Old 08-04-2010, 11:10 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
Part of living in a democracy means letting our elected officials do their work as they choose.
That's where you are wrong. The United States is officially a constitutional republic but in reality has evolved into a elective monarchy. Over the past 230 or so years we have gradually replaced the pomp and ceremony of a hereditary monarchy with the pomp and ceremony of elected monarchy.

At the rate we are going, we might as well have stayed under the British ....

Old 08-04-2010, 11:42 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
NOW be so kind as to show P R O O F that Obama has a "radical" agenda..give an example()....

• promoting the view that America is institutionally an oppressive nation
  • promoting the election of leftist political candidates throughout the United States
  • opposing virtually all post-9/11 national security measures enacted by U.S. government, particularly the Patriot Act
  • depicting American military actions as unjust, unwarranted, and immoral
  • promoting open borders, mass immigration, and a watering down of current immigration laws
  • promoting a dramatic expansion of social welfare programs funded by ever-escalating taxes
  • promoting social welfare benefits and amnesty for illegal aliens
  • defending the civil rights and liberties of suspected anti-American terrorists and their abetters
  • financing the recruitment and training of future activist leaders of the political Left
  • advocating America's unilateral disarmament and/or a steep reduction in its military spending
  • opposing the death penalty in all circumstances
  • promoting socialized medicine in the United States
  • promoting the tenets of radical environmentalism, whose ultimate goal, as writer Michael Berliner has explained, is "not clean air and clean water, [but] rather ... the demolition of technological/industrial civilization"
  • bringing American foreign policy under the control of the United Nations
  • promoting racial and ethnic preferences in academia and the business world alike
  • promoting taxpayer-funded abortion-on-demand
  • advocating stricter gun-control measures
  • advocating the legalization of marijuana

Old 08-04-2010, 12:25 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
advocating the legalization of marijuana
Whoa! I dislike Obamaunism, but I like that part of it.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:26 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
...it's brought people of all races out of that closet.

First, let me say that I'm no way no how an Obama fan. But as far as race is concerned, the guy is in a no win situation. He's going to represent something to racists of all kinds...all that is evil or all that is an opportunity to (as some have seen it) "get back at" others. He has been seen and is still being seen by some as the one who will right all racial wrongs and all the baggage that goes with it. He's being viewed as the one who will heal all racial ills and evils.

What unrealistic and ridiculous goals and expectations for one man.

No one can be all that and do all that. No matter what he says on race, someone's going to get bent. He won't go far enough for those on either end of the spectrum, or he will go too far for others.

skinem !!! ... Damn Well Said !

Indeed the extraordinary expectations of so many folks regarding the actions and or accomplishments of "The One" youngman in the Ole WH is absolutely "Mind Boggling" to say the least !

Unfortunately for HO's acutely delusional "Automations" ... They have no clue about just how unbelieveably inexperienced and inept the current WH crew truly are ! This bunch is truly in "Way Over Their Head's" and the lack of credible accomplishments and disregard for the will of the majority of American Citizens speaks volumes about their dismal record thus far !

As far as the so called current state of precarious U.S. "Race Relations" are concerned ... we should never blame the "Race" of the TPOTUS on any existing deterioration within the great racial divide that appears to be alive and well within America.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a "Half-Breed" such as the U.S. has currently placed in the WH ... Everyone should be "Proud" of their race as they methodically & dilligently develop into "Proud Americans" !

Just imagine how facinating it would truly be if the "White Folks & Black Folks" in America would resolve to cooperatively work together to resolve the tremendous problems facing this great nation ... of course this would mean the setting aside of the "Racism" that appears to exist among both groups !

Will it ever happen in America ... can we eliminate the "Your A Racist" madness that may well destroy this entire nation on day or not ?

It's all up to us ! No doubt America's many enemies around the world would dearly love to witness America destroying itself due to the utter madness of "Racism" ! Of course we would make their conquest of North America much, much easier after destroying each other !

Keep on playing the mindless "Your A Racist Card" and many folks may just accomplish their own destruction along with the remainder of the nation !

Do we as a nation of civilized and "Proud" Americans have the guts to put a stop to this absolute "Your A Racist" madness or not ? Do we dare suffer the dire consequences of chosing to not give a tinkers damn about the issue and continue as usual ? Perhaps the "Loonies" who perfer to continue on the the "Racist" Bandwagon will one day very soon wake up one morning to discover they are now living in a conquered nation and have become the new slaves for a harsh foreign master !

Only a complete fool cannot see the handwriting on the wall regarding this dire situation !!! Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies