Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 08:23 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times

Advertisements

Crazy people do crazy stuff.

It doesn't matter if they are white, black, or blue. Sometimes, people do stupid crap. Nothing you can do to stop it, nothing to learn from it, it just happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 08:40 PM

271 posts, read 1,667,833 times
Hey guys. In regards to bullying and mass shootings, watch these two videos:

Do you guys agree with Marilyn Mason and this other dude? Why or why not?

Does society breed mass shooters?

Does society create the monster by being the monster?

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Jericho-79; 08-05-2010 at 09:23 PM..

Old 08-05-2010, 08:47 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
May God bless those families that have to deal with this.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:48 PM

208 posts, read 476,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Crazy people do crazy stuff.

It doesn't matter if they are white, black, or blue. Sometimes, people do stupid crap. Nothing you can do to stop it, nothing to learn from it, it just happens.

This looks like a clear case "Black rage" - a black scumbag lashing out murderously at the "White oppressors" for supposedly mistreating him.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_beer_distributor_shootings

Old 08-05-2010, 08:58 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
May God bless those families that have to deal with this.
Indeed, which is where the focus belongs.

The Hartford Distributors and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters have started a fund for the families of the 8 innocent victims. Seven of those eight unarmed victims were apparently teamsters.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:28 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Indeed, which is where the focus belongs.

The Hartford Distributors and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters have started a fund for the families of the 8 innocent victims. Seven of those eight unarmed victims were apparently teamsters.
So true.

They released a tape this evening of the shooter calling 911 before he killed himself. Sounding calm, he said he killed the racists and wish he couldve killed more people.

Look, I dont like bullies, I dont like racists, etc. But there is something wrong with you if your final resolution to it is to kill. Accept who you are and just smile. File complaints, quit the job, use proper chains. If that doesnt work, take it up the change if you are indeed being wronged. But to take the actions of killing people, taking them away from their families, makes you worse than they were. There are different channels you can take than killing. The only reason to kill is to protect life. To stand up for life in the face of terror. Not because you were bullied. Not because you think someone is discriminating against you.

When your final action is to kill innocent people, you lose any sympathy I could ever have for you. This goes for this guy, the Columbine punks, and others. Murder because you feel you are being untreated is stupid and does nothing but create unneeded tragedy and horrors. Screw those who take this route.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:19 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,841,719 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Put yourself in his shoes. If you REALLY wanted a job bad and tried to get hired at this job why would you ruin it by stealing?
Well geez I don't know Indentured Servant, why don't you put yourself in his shoes and try to figure out why being fired would make you kill 8 people.

Quote:
The video has not been presented to the public and saying that this guy has disciplinary actions against him without the company every going into details is suspect to me. Why is racism and harrasment seen as so improbable? When did all the racist die out?
Even if racism had occurred, does it justify the execution of 8 human beings? Apparently you feel that this is a mitigating circumstance. That's scary!

Old 08-06-2010, 06:25 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Nothing justifies his actions but his actions were a reaction to something. When you have those mass shooting and murder in high schools, such as Columbine, it’s usually the result of kids who felt bullied and harassed. Something was going on in that place that created this reaction, which the company does not own up to, assuming that that they knew about it; however, again, it does not justify the degree of reaction.

The story that the company is telling does not make sense to me in light of what happened. The way they tell the story this guy just killed all those people after being essentially fired for stealing. We are supposed to believe that this guy was just “crazy” and burst out in rage because he was caught stealing. The last words he told his mother is that he killed those 5 racist who were bothering him and that he was going to kill himself. Now, if you know words are going to be your last words, they will be very IMPORTANT in what they reveal. Of all the possible things he could have said, as his last words, he chose those, which leads me to believe that he actually believed he was being racially harassed or bullied.

Now, if that is true, how far up the chain did it go? If a company or management wants to get rid of an employee, they can and will pay very close attention to you to build a case to get rid of you. Was he stealing beer? They say they have him on video. Are we supposed to believe that he is dumb and did not know that there were cameras? Oh……..companies don’t usually have cameras for security purposes and to guard against theft. I know people who worked for bottling companies and bakeries and cookie places that allowed employees to take home stuff all the time. I am not saying that is what happened here because I don’t know, but I do know people who have worked at places like this and who brought stuff home all the time. I guess it’s a possibility that they were stealing it too, given that all these people I know of were black. Hence, people taking home stuff may be something that is generally overlooked, unless it’s abused or unless the company wants to get rid of you and use that as the reason. It may be an example of subjective enforcement. Many other employees could have been doing the same thing….but the company just overlooked it.

In conclusion, I want to repeat that nothing that I said is justification for what this individual did. My point is that the story makes no sense the way the company tells it. Everything happens for a REASON. Every action creates a reaction. To suggest that this person was simply disgruntled for being fired for stealing makes no sense to me. I mean....50 plus year old white folks are the last people you would think would be racist.
Right, he stole was fired, got mad and went back and killed a bunch of people. I guess your gonna blame 300 yrs of opression on this one, well, what if he was white. He had mental problems period!

Old 08-06-2010, 06:31 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times
The fact still remains that he "thought" it was racism that he did not get a job as a driver when he wanted one and those jobs were based on seniority. When a job became available for a driver position after a year, he was awarded that job. Where is the racism there?

Did anyone bother to read about the President of Hartford Distributors and the contributions he made to the Bloomfield school system? He sued the town of Bloomfield in order to get the schools improved there. The Bloomfield school system is 88% African American. Hardly racist at all.

Again, if people want to make excuses, they can. But the facts are pretty clear and it is well documented about his stealing. The shame of it all is that a person cannot man up and take responsibility for his own actions and makes false claims of racism against others and people died for it.

We not to stop pandering to people and give them excuses for failure, rather we need to give them reasons to succeed. His cop out of "racism" was just an excuse for failure.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:35 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Although this crime was extremely tragic, NO it is not the worst mass murder case in U.S History. Stick with facts when speaking of something so tragic.
God forbid we should blame a black guy for anything, because after all he is a victem of 300yrs of opression and should be exonerated from any crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies