Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 07:19 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
I doubt very much he was harassed and bullied, just maybe he's delusional and that was his perception. This didn't happen over night and I'm sure he has been angry for a long time. Everything isn't racism, GET IT!
Interesting how without knowing any of the people, never have worked for the company, etc....you "doubt very much" he was harassed. Are you psychic? Do you have special powers that give you insight into the true reality of questionable scenarios? If not, how can assume to know this guy was lying? This is what I find interesting.....why so many people here fiercely deny the charge without knowing ANYTHING AT ALL about the victims.

Yes, everything isn't racism, but some things ARE....get it????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 07:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Interesting how without knowing any of the people, never have worked for the company, etc....you "doubt very much" he was harassed. Are you psychic? Do you have special powers that give you insight into the true reality of questionable scenarios? If not, how can assume to know this guy was lying? This is what I find interesting.....why so many people here fiercely deny the charge without knowing ANYTHING AT ALL about the victims.

Well so far the only ones who say/said it was racism were him and his girlfriend. No other proof of racism has come to light.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because mgmt and the union called him in and showed him the tape.
OK, let's think about this:

Mgmt and the union called him in and showed him the tape so it must exist (which, BTW, I'm NOT disputing)

Thornton showed his girl cell phone pics of racist graffiti and let her overhear a conversation where he was referred to as a n!gger...but folks here fiercely deny such things exist.

Why is it so easy to believe one thing but not the other? Is it because it could very well prove that he was harassed? Just trying to understand the reasoning of some folks.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well so far the only ones who say/said it was racism were him and his girlfriend. No other proof of racism has come to light.
It's early days yet. And if I worked for a company where 8 of my coworkers were murdered and everyone was in mourning, I WOULD NOT step forward to support any of the gripes the murderer had.....can you imagine the amount of backlash that type of thing would make? I would not want to be the person stepping forward to say " Well, I know you guys are hurting because your loved one is dead, but Thornton kinda had a point...they were harassing him". Yeah, not gonna happen...unless maybe later and anonymously.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
If I were running that warehouse I would not become concerned about somebody "stealing" a beer unless the theivery was big enough to matter. Like truckloads of beer.

This is also a reason to always be alert and armed. If, as I suspect, the company forbid guns in the workplace, IMHO, they have full responsibility for protecting everyone they disarmed. The company owes the families of the slain for the company's negligence.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:26 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,305 times
Quote:

JMHO.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If I were running that warehouse I would not become concerned about somebody "stealing" a beer unless the theivery was big enough to matter. Like truckloads of beer.

This is also a reason to always be alert and armed. If, as I suspect, the company forbid guns in the workplace, IMHO, they have full responsibility for protecting everyone they disarmed. The company owes the families of the slain for the company's negligence.
Agreed...can't believe they let this guy in for what was essentially a firing meeting. And then once he was fired, let him excuse himself and come back in the room!

Old 08-06-2010, 07:40 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,305 times
Quote:

I have seen black people scream racism, just because they were asked to do some actual work.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:09 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times
Quote:

All white people know what other white people think and believe. Through research they have learned to read minds of other white folks thousands of miles away. That is how they know white racism does not exist and hence that blacks complaining of racial harrasment are just lying. They are advanced humans. That is scenario one. Scenario two is that white folks have so little respect for black folks that they don't believe a damn thing black folks say. Scenario three is that white folks are on a mission to cover up and hide white racism so that it cannot be used to legitimize programs, policies and position that they are antithetical to. Scenario four is a combination of two or more of the previous scenarios.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:15 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,149,724 times
I guess that Thornton felt ENTITLED to having that free beer. And it wasn't for personal use, he was reselling it. He got caught and realized that it would be very difficult to find a new job and he wouldn't be getting any UE benefits, so after his killing spree, the loser decided to play the race card on his way out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies