Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 AM

615 posts, read 545,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Put yourself in his shoes. If you REALLY wanted a job bad and tried to get hired at this job why would you ruin it by stealing? The video has not been presented to the public and saying that this guy has disciplinary actions against him without the company every going into details is suspect to me. Why is racism and harrasment seen as so improbable? When did all the racist die out?
He was a thief, sissy, coward, and a homicidal maniac. Millions of people lose their jobs in this wolrd on a daily basis, but don't do what he did. What he did wasn't racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 10:27 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
Quote:
Put yourself in his shoes. If you REALLY wanted a job bad and tried to get hired at this job why would you ruin it by stealing? The video has not been presented to the public and saying that this guy has disciplinary actions against him without the company every going into details is suspect to me. Why is racism and harrasment seen as so improbable? When did all the racist die out?
It is seen as improbable since it is overused and misunderstood. I am sure there are plenty of legal reasons at this point why the details are not being presented. And you may never get to see it. I don't understand why it is suspicious either.

But the fact that he got caught stealing is enough warrant for dismissal. He chose to blame someone else.

And seriously? You are going to ask why a guy would ruin a job by stealing? You mean the same guy who just killed 9 people? Something tells me his head wasn't screwed on right and I don't think it would take a team of scientists to figure that one out.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:30 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
He was stealing beer so he probably had a drinking problem and was unstable from that. If he wanted the job so bad, he was stupid for jeopardizing it by stealing.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:38 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
I'm still waiting with baited breath for the Lamestream Media to call this a hate crime. I mean come on, a black guy kills a bunch of white people because they're white, that sounds pretty racist and hateful to me. And yet the media won't touch it. You know if the races had been reversed that all the headlines would be screaming "Racist white man kills minorities" or something like that, and then Al Sharpton would have another excuse to go on TV to denounce all white people as evil racists and what not.

Practicing such double standards I can see how the media makes race relations worse.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:53 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
It is seen as improbable since it is overused and misunderstood. I am sure there are plenty of legal reasons at this point why the details are not being presented. And you may never get to see it. I don't understand why it is suspicious either.

I don't understand what gives white people the credibility and audacity to vouch for other white people.
How do you know that a white person 1000 miles away from you, that you never met, is not a racist and has not discriminated against people? You act like white people are the "borg" in which all white people are mentally linked to one and other and can read the thoughts of the "collective".

But the fact that he got caught stealing is enough warrant for dismissal. He chose to blame someone else.

Show me the evidence. The public has see no evidence.

And seriously? You are going to ask why a guy would ruin a job by stealing? You mean the same guy who just killed 9 people? Something tells me his head wasn't screwed on right and I don't think it would take a team of scientists to figure that one out.

If it was a job that he really did not give a sh1t about he would have just left. However, it has been described that this guy really, really worked hard to get this job and loved it......until he was allegedly harrassed and forced to resign. When you really work hard for something......there are deep passions involved when people try to take it away from you....unjustly. This is not the day and age where people accept being f'cked over. There is a new sherrif in this era.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I'm still waiting with baited breath for the Lamestream Media to call this a hate crime. I mean come on, a black guy kills a bunch of white people because they're white, that sounds pretty racist and hateful to me. And yet the media won't touch it. You know if the races had been reversed that all the headlines would be screaming "Racist white man kills minorities" or something like that, and then Al Sharpton would have another excuse to go on TV to denounce all white people as evil racists and what not.

Practicing such double standards I can see how the media makes race relations worse.

Uh....maybe if the company hired more black folks he would have ran into some black folks to shoot.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
This is what I glean from what I have read thus far. Here is a guy who really wanted a particular job and tried long and hard to get this job. When he got the job others were not happy with him having the job and started harrassing him so that he would quit on his own. He sought help but was ignored. He eventually snapped due to people trying to ruin something that he worked so hard for.
You left out the stealing part in "YOUR" story of what happened.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You left out the stealing part in "YOUR" story of what happened.
That may be part of the harrasement...the claim that is.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
That may be part of the harrasement...the claim that is.
Claim ? They had him videotaped and the union guy was present.
He didn't deny and decide to fight it did he ? He agreed to resign.

Don't forget..he CHOSE to use that/those gun(s) on people.
He had other avenues if he felt the company and the union were racist. Ever hear of the NAACP ?

Old 08-05-2010, 11:21 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
OK, my family owned a liquor store a few towns away from Hartford Distributors (they were our biggest distributor) and a friend that I play golf with was a former employee at HD and his wife still works there. She was on the other side of the building and made it out safely. My friend knew the Union rep that was murdered very well. From his accounts, the shooter had disciplinary actions taken against him and it was suspected that he was stealing so they set up the video. In this day and age, to make sure you have a solid case is paramount. I think what the company did was perfectly acceptable.

The bottom line on this was that he got caught stealing and blamed someone else for it. He chose not to accept responsibility for his actions and took it out on someone else. This is a major problem in our society today. We have diversity shoved down our throats so that "racism" and separation are the norm. Maybe if we preached "unity" a little more, we would all be working together on this instead of having 9 people dead.
Maybe if we practiced personal responsibility and stopped defending murderers as "victims" of society by acknowledged that they alone are responsible for their actions and reactions. That we are a nation of laws and that no man/woman not in a position of imminent lethal harm has a right to take the lives of others be it in the workplace or on the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies