Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 08:54 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,196,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The guy went postal.

Those bathroom stall pictures could have easily been drawn by him if he wanted to portray himself a victim of racial harassment.
Girlfriend said he was really hurt about the treatment.....what motivation would he have for drawing these pictures himself? If it was to get money, etc...why didn't he report the findings to a lawyer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 08:55 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,651,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
IF there were even a few racist people there, and that's in question given the guys mental state and the possibility he made it up, then he in all likelihood didn't even shoot them and took out other people. I think he targeted his bosses and this was never a racial incident. I'd like his family and girlfriend to come clean and give us the truth about any drugs or alcohol problems he had or mental instability. I think if they are lying for protecting him they are hurting the innocent victims.
So racism is so rare, especially among older people, that its improbable that the guy could have been telling the truth? Is that your position? I have heard the family of people who have killed readily admit drug or mental problems of their loved one. What would be their motive in not admitting that he had drugs or mental problems if he indeed had them? The company officials never mentioned that they suspected drugs or mental problems. Hell....in this day and age drug testing is required for many jobs like that...especially DRIVERS where the company will be liable for a drunk or drugged up driver causing harm to property or persons. What you are asserting makes no damn sense at all. Just say that it is WHAT YOU WANT TO BELEAVE...because nothing supports your line of reasoning....which really is not reasoning at all. That probable why this whole tragedy happened....people WANTING to believe things about black people and treating them accordingly.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:58 AM

It's interesting that almost all of the victims were male and older (50+)...Article states he walked by some people, so I don't think shootings were entirely random. I would not be at all surprised to learn that 50+ year old white guys in a predominately white area were racist to some degree or another.

Doesn't justify the shootings...nothing does. But it does give insight into why it may have occurred. Lesson to folks: Leave people the hell alone! Stop with the hate and racism! You never know when your actions/words will cause the person to just lose it!! When you push people and push people, are you really surprised when some go over the edge!

Old 08-05-2010, 08:59 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,201,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Girlfriend said he was really hurt about the treatment.....what motivation would he have for drawing these pictures himself? If it was to get money, etc...why didn't he report the findings to a lawyer?
And why was he stealing from the company ?

Almost like he led a double life..
If he was being discriminated against then why did he get a promotion ?

Lots of loose ends coming out of this with the various stories from workers and family and friends.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:00 AM

37,754 posts, read 40,833,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
His friends/family said he felt he was being discriminated against. Whether that is because he got stealing or if he felt that way before that, who knows. But the reports say they planned to ask him to resign. They couldve just fired him just like that couldnt they of?

Either way, he was an irresponsible coward.
They had him on tape stealing. Plus, he's a driver. How much time do drivers spend with co-workers and bosses enough to develop any animosity? Aren't you not in the workplace for most of the day? How long do you spend with them or they with you? They should have asked the girlfriend if she knew that he was stealing.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:01 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,651,718 times
Quote:
The guy went postal.

Those bathroom stall pictures could have easily been drawn by him if he wanted to portray himself a victim of racial harassment.
Yep...and I guess he faked the conversation that people were having about that N------, that he let his girlfriend listen to.

I think its important to understand the context and background. This is a guy who really wanted this job and he even got the job of a driver, which he also really wanted. Why would you ruin and risk all that after trying so hard to get it? It makes no damn sense.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:02 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,810,694 times
I call B.S. on "nobody would listen to him" statement allegedly claimed by his girlfriend when he failed to do the easiest step which was file a complaint with his union rep. . She wants people to believe he had hard evidence, including photographs of racial harassment and yet he did nothing in filing a formal complaint? Bull feathers!

This is nothing more than an attempt to re-write history so that this murderer appears to be a "victim". He is not. He had avenues through which to start conflict and failed to take any of them. Instead he chose to be a murderer. His actions were not those of self defense they were premeditated murder, plain and simple.

86,052 posts, read 84,201,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
It's interesting that almost all of the victims were male and older (50+)...Article states he walked by some people, so I don't think shootings were entirely random. I would not be at all surprised to learn that 50+ year old white guys in a predominately white area were racist to some degree or another.

Doesn't justify the shootings...nothing does. But it does give insight into why it may have occurred. Lesson to folks: Leave people the hell alone! Stop with the hate and racism! You never know when your actions/words will cause the person to just lose it!! When you push people and push people, are you really surprised when some go over the edge!
Could have also been perceived "racism" on the part of the shooter.
Until the truth all comes out...we really won't know.

Why did he get a promotion if he was really being discriminated against ?
He wasn't with the company that long so it would have been quite easy to deny him saying he wasn't there long enough.

Quote:
And why was he stealing from the company ?
There's no proof, that the public has seen, to support this. A videotape tape of him "stealing" could be many things. If you caught me on tape putting a company laptop into my car, would you call it stealing? How do you know my supervisor didn't tell me to take it to work from home? A video can be very misleading.

Quote:
Almost like he led a double life..
If he was being discriminated against then why did he get a promotion ?
Shooter's last words were that he killed the five racists who were bothering him....so he didn't claim to be discriminated against by the whole company...just a select group.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They had him on tape stealing. Plus, he's a driver. How much time do drivers spend with co-workers and bosses enough to develop any animosity? Aren't you not in the workplace for most of the day? How long do you spend with them or they with you? They should have asked the girlfriend if she knew that he was stealing.
Have you seen this tape and know the history behind what led to his actions that day? A video can be very misleading and is not absolute proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies