Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 06:39 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I worked Corporate security for many years and these idiots at this Budweiser distribution plant screwed up. When ever you catch someone stealing you never let them know that you are going to fire them and or prosecute them. You let them come into work like everything is fine and walk them into a room with police waiting. If you are just firing them you pull them off their shift so they are confused and kick them off the property immediately. So many ways this could have been avoided.

This scumbag had been raging for sometime about his perceived prosecution real or otherwise. He was probably ready to pop a gasket and this incident was the trigger.
Yes, he was delusional and it should have been handled better, I can't believe no one saw this coming, anger must have been building for a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 06:40 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
People don't waste their last words without revealing profound insights into their state of mind. People who study the mindset of rampage killers, like this and Columbine, will tell you that this fits a pattern of motive....bullying and harrasement.
Wrong!
Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were never bullied. In fact, they were bullies themselves. Eric Harris was a psychopath who hated everyone and Dylan Klebold was a suicidally depressed idiot who decided to go out with a bang.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
yeah...just like that video of Sherrod was SOLID PROOF that she was a racist.
Certain segments of society need to learn how to deal with work problems without anger.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
He said there was SOLID PROOF......without ever having seen a video...or has he....and is a video SOLID proof? For example, what if someone told this guy he could have a case of beer and so he took it out to his car (hypothetically....I don't have a clue of what the video showed) and the camera caught him doing so? The video would just show him putting something into his vehicle.....it does not show his INTENT or if what he was doing was not COMMON.
Let's not get ridiculous. I'm sure someone told him, go ahead and take a case home with you, it's OK.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Nothing justifies taking the lives of others. I'm a big proponent of if you have a grudge and want to kill yourself, DO IT...just leave me out of it. I have no desire to be apart of some death spree.

With that said, if it's true that this guy was harassed and subjected to racism and higher ups didn't do anything about it, the company is at least partially to blame. I've never been harassed to the point of wanting to take my life...I can imagine that's not an easy decision to make, so I assume one is "out of their mind" when they take this drastic and abhorrent step.

I find it very odd that this company called him in to discuss the stealing and his termination. That's absolutely unheard of this day and age. Makes me wonder if they were having this meeting out of guilt...trying to appease him because he was really being let go for "other" reasons. In any event, it does not excuse his actions; they're deplorable. It also serves as a wakeup call to racists and those who harass and bully (if indeed that is the case here).
I doubt very much he was harassed and bullied, just maybe he's delusional and that was his perception. This didn't happen over night and I'm sure he has been angry for a long time. Everything isn't racism, GET IT!

Old 08-06-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
It would be the "race card" if the shooter himself never mentioned race and the family instead injected race into it, if the race card is even a valid phenomenon, which it is not. The family just repeated what the shooter had been communicating to them and then you say it is the "race card".

Well...at least he did not bottle up his frustration and go back into the black community and release his anger there when someone stepped on his shoes or looked at him "funny". Then the comments would simply be about how its good if they just kill each other off. I don't condone violence. I hate it. However....more will be done about gun control and the like if its not just minorities killing minorities. I hate to say it....but its true. if whites start killing each other like they did during the years of prohibition or if a lot of the
Quote:
violence in the black community spills over into the white community...
...things will get pushed for change.
Many blacks will die needlessly!

Old 08-06-2010, 07:05 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
certain parties will protest that they haven't seen the tape yet, so it didn't happen.

of course, this logic doesn't apply when it comes to alledged cell phone pictures of racist words scrawled on a bathroom wall. no need to see those
Actually what I would say is: why is it so easy to believe that a tape of his theft exists but not the racist graffiti? If neither has been shown to the public, why is one seen as more credible?

Old 08-06-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
and can I just say, the most irritating thing about this thread is that we have a company that has gone through one of the most horrific things a workplace can ever go through short of a bombing. a co-worker these people have worked w/ for years shot and killed 8 people in cold blood. it's a traumatizing event and here are people trying to make these ACTUAL VICTIMS the bad guys. trying to smear a company attempting to recover. trying to victimize a killer, a murderer, a criminal and a thief. the ONLY victims are the people in this company, the living and the dead. enough trying to make the company look like the villain, trying to cover up a crime. they are the victims of the crime, and until ACTUAL proof comes out that states they've done anything wrong, people on this thread should be ashamed of themselves for trying so hard to find blame on the victims and almost justify the shooter's actions

eta: it becomes even more unbelievable b/c, instead of mourning their DEAD loved ones, the family of the victims must now dodge claims that their dead husbands, fathers, sons, brothers, uncles, grandfathers, etc were racists and somehow deserved it. all b/c the murderer says so (yet there's still no proof of this). if this is how race relations are going to continue in this country, it really hasn't gotten better and blacks are just as much to blame as whites and people of other races.
This is the type of sentiment I don't get. When people make claims that are just flat out WRONG. Who here is making the victims out to be deserved of what happened? Who here is victimizing the murderer? How do you equate understanding the motives and reasons behind why a crime took place with victimizing Thornton?

Old 08-06-2010, 07:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Actually what I would say is: why is it so easy to believe that a tape of his theft exists but not the racist graffiti? If neither has been shown to the public, why is one seen as more credible?
Because mgmt and the union called him in and showed him the tape.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
now come to learn that this point is 100% the killer claimed the alleged racism started since he began working there-2 YEARS AGO! he also first told his girlfriend about it LAST SUMMER

Call to police: 'I'm not going to kill anybody else' - CNN.com

"They treated me bad since I started here. A racist company," Thornton said at one point."

"Kristi Hannah told CNN Thornton first told her about racial harassment at work last summer."

and, most importantly,

"Manchester police have said they have found no evidence of racial discrimination."

but let's continue to smear the company and call the victims racist
From an earlier article:

Michelle T. Johnson, a diversity consultant and former employment lawyer, said workers who face discrimination are often reluctant to file a formal complaint, even if the misconduct is serious.

"Once a person of color raises an issue of discrimination, the reaction they can get just makes it very stressful," she said.

All people who are subjected to harassment and discrimination don't report it. Just because it's not reported, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies