U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 AM

2,348 posts, read 2,421,332 times

Advertisements

Federal law is supercedes state laws....so who cares what the hick state of MO, thinks. They probably could have used the health care reform anyway....all teh bbq can't be healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 08:55 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,239,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
70% voted for the proposition but I doubt that those 70% have no health insurance. For those who refuse to buy health insurance (despite the tax breaks and credits) - what do they expect to happen when they can't pay for an unexpected and expense occurrence (cancer, car accident, heart disease, transplants...). Many people can pay out of pocket for doctor visits, checkups, broken arms etc... but insurance is to cover the expensive catastrophes. Who pays for these uninsured? Do they get no treatment?

Not the governments job to require that they pay (beyond their means, btw) in advance for a "what if" situation.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 AM

24,889 posts, read 21,019,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Federal law is supercedes state laws....so who cares what the hick state of MO, thinks. They probably could have used the health care reform anyway....all teh bbq can't be healthy.
Not if the "law" isn't contained within the boundaries of the Constitution.

"No power specifically given...."

The courts will decide this. States are saying the federal government has no right to tax people for healthcare, and the federal government is saying they do.

So, the courts will decide. Thats the system.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:57 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,239,252 times
Quote:
Ahhh! Now the comments come from the obamabots! We know what is best for you so just shut up and accept it!

After all, that has been the party line since the election (soundly resisted by the population btw).

Old 08-04-2010, 09:00 AM

2,348 posts, read 2,421,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Ahhh! Now the comments come from the obamabots! We know what is best for you so just shut up and accept it!

After all, that has been the party line since the election (soundly resisted by the population btw).
I'm a liberal/progressive Democrat, and wouldn't have it any other way. We do know what's best for you....all the "liberal" states are far more advanced than our red counterparts. So shut up and accept that!

Old 08-04-2010, 09:03 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,539,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
It looks like Obama is going to being suing another state.
Three more states have it on the ballot for November.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:04 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,398,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
The "Show Me" state kicked Barry healthcare plan to curb in a big way!

Way to go Big MO!

Can't wait to do it again in 2012!
No need to wait until 2012.. Only have a couple more months until a fundamental change of Congress takes place. And it wont take much.. Just enough of a Democratic beatdown to stop this "progress" from moving forward..

Old 08-04-2010, 09:06 AM

2,114 posts, read 4,307,710 times
Quote:
I'm a liberal/progressive Democrat, and wouldn't have it any other way. We do know what's best for you....all the "liberal" states are far more advanced than our red counterparts. So shut up and accept that!
So, this is what inbreeding does to the brain ... I was looking for a good example in this thread and here it is! Reasoning ability detriorates and the "victim" becomes easily led around by the nose! Danged shame I say!

Old 08-04-2010, 09:08 AM

9,644 posts, read 8,599,339 times
Quote:
Knew it was a matter of time before someone insulted the citizens of Mo

Old 08-04-2010, 09:09 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,539,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
Yes we did... And I happily voted for it. Obamacare is nothing more than a "give all your money to insurers" bill. I have health insurance because "I WANT IT", not because someone told me I had to have it.
Good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You're defending the right to skip along blithely uninsured, expecting other taxpayers and consumers to pay for your health care when trouble arises. That's freeloading, no matter what newspaper points it out.
If the penalty for not having insurance under obamacare is approx $650, what is to stop people from paying the penalty and then waiting until they get sick to sign up?

Doesn't it bother you AT ALL that obama LIED through his teeth when claiming the mandate was not a tax and now his administration is fighting it in court saying it is a tax?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies