Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you regret voting for Obama
I voted for him and regret it. 9 7.96%
I didn't vote for him 48 42.48%
I still support Obama 54 47.79%
I would support Obama no matter what. 1 0.88%
I didn't vote Obama but wish I had. 1 0.88%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 04:30 PM

561 posts, read 505,687 times

Advertisements

If you regret your vote then you didn't do your homework.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 04:36 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,906,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I am disappointed that he hasn't accomplished more, but Obama on his worst day, is still way better than McCain/Palin in the WH.
I believe he's accomplished quite a lot, really. Or at least as much as his opposers will let him. I try to keep up with how many of his promises he's kept, broken, etc. and he's ahead of the game. I voted for him precisely because of what he promised to do and the only disagreement I've had with him, so far, is his stance on illegal immigration. But I don't REALLY know where he stands on that yet or what he will, eventually, do about it. Nobody does.

I keep track of things on PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises
and read it faithfully. I don't believe it's, in any way, a biased website unlike the mainstream media.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:37 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syler View Post
Lately, one of the most frequent statements I hear is "I vated for Obama and I am so sorry I did."

How many people here feel this way and why. Please participate in poll.

The poll options are too limited, I'm not sorry I voted for Obama as I still believe the alternative was and would've been much worse.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:44 PM

10 posts, read 5,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Honestly, I see the same thing on both sides. It's not really a liberal or conservative thing. Both sides are constantly calling the other side less intelligent or evil or malicious or a host of other insults. The polarization of politics in this country is tribal in nature. On both sides, the vast majority of members will do anything to show their loyalty to their side. Most people just subscribe to one of several incredibly biased news sources and regurgitate everything they hear. It's rare to come across members of either party that truly think about where they stand on each issue and why, and most people who do often end up being moderates or at least less extremist.
I actually misread the post but what I said is still true.

The Right doesn't feel hatred of the Left or think they are evil. I talk to a lot of Conservatives as well as read a great deal of Conservative opinion. The Right thinks that the Left are foolish and often childish in their thinking. They believe that people on the Left base their politics on emotion rather than logic and that they defend these positions with over simplified dogma.

The left on the other hand consistently identifies the Right as Hateful, greedy, mean spirited and of course racist, bigoted, homophobic, xenophobic and sexist. Of course these positions reinforce the belief that Conservatives have about Liberals emoting rather than thinking.

Although I hear hateful attacks in nearly every Liberal opinion I hear or read, I seldom if ever hear this in Conservative opinions.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:02 PM

454 posts, read 482,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Do I fully support everything Obama wants to do? No way. Do I regret voting for him? No way. He's the lesser of two evils.
Let's see...

• Health care bill that most American did not support was passed by signing back deals, and twisting arms.
  • You would think that he would hire more Doctors and nurses to take care of all those uninsured, but no he hired 16000 IRS agents.
In my case Mccain was the lesser of two evils.
But when Obama elected I tried to give him a chance. I believed that once he is in the White House he would realized the threats we are facing.

So he went into the White read the reports and .... ( never mind the order)
Went on Al- Jazeera to charm the Muslim world.
Re-wrapped the gift that were given to us by the Brits, and send them back.
Bowed to the Saudi king.
Then gave the queen on England an Ipod with his speeches, a sure sign of humility.
Did I miss something?
Oh yes, promised to the Muslim world to change the laws in the US so they can fulfill their religious Zakat obligation. (http://www.humanevents.com/gnpvideo.php - broken link)
1/8 of their charitable donation must be to Islamic Military operations. Maybe like the ones that are against USA?

Old 08-03-2010, 05:05 PM

10 posts, read 5,420 times
Ah, but there is the whole "transparency" issue. Ironic that he tried to push through a bill that Congress didn't even get a chance to read.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:06 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,571 times
I regret the existence of the Republican party, ruining this country. That's what I'm sorry for.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:08 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,517,225 times
Interesting stats on Obama voters.

1. Minorities: Ninety-six percent of black voters supported Obama. He also drew the votes of two thirds of Hispanics.

2. Young people: Obama won the under-30 crowd by 34 percentage points. This bested Bill Clinton's 19-point advantage over Bob Dole among young voters in 1996.

3. Women: Obama attracted 56 percent of female voters. Unmarried women also voted for Obama over McCain by 70 to 29 percent.

4. White men: He had the support of 41 percent of white men. Before Obama, no Democrat since Jimmy Carter had earned more than 38 percent of the white male vote.

5. Hillary Clinton fans: Obama won over 84 percent of Democrats who backed Hillary Clinton in the primaries.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:19 PM

454 posts, read 482,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I believe he's accomplished quite a lot, really. Or at least as much as his opposers will let him. I try to keep up with how many of his promises he's kept, broken, etc. and he's ahead of the game. I voted for him precisely because of what he promised to do and the only disagreement I've had with him, so far, is his stance on illegal immigration. But I don't REALLY know where he stands on that yet or what he will, eventually, do about it. Nobody does.

I keep track of things on PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises
and read it faithfully. I don't believe it's, in any way, a biased website unlike the mainstream media.
I checked your link, just browsing through they seem biased for Obama.

Look at this link for bias example.

I don't like it when a web site say we only report the truth, but then when the truth does not fit the agenda they twist it to fit.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:24 PM

47 posts, read 31,673 times
Didn't vote for him but he is doing to America what she deserves. Especially the sheep who voted for him because he was black lord forbid people actually read into his past and see who he was influenced by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies