Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 07:02 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,476 times

Advertisements

I pray for Wyclef on his journey to become President of the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. God knows I'm serious!!

Jesus loves the Poor.

Jesus wouldn't give tax breaks to the Rich that eat Troffel soup and wouldn't give a penny to the homeless.

Mira Wyclef.

I do not understand French or Creole but I understand English and Spanish.

Vios con Dios mi Amigo!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 07:14 PM

7,926 posts, read 9,150,257 times
With the history of tremendous violence and corruption in Haiti, what is the over/under on how long until he's killed?

Old 08-04-2010, 07:30 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What makes you think he wont be able to provide that? Out of all the past leaders of that country he's the only one not motivated by greed.

You seem to hope he'll fail, if he's elected. Why?
Really, you can see into his heart and mind and know his motivations? Haiti has a miserable history of past leaders. They deserve better, no doubt. I think they can do much better than Jean. In the end it is up to the people of Haiti. I have no say in thier future. My tax dollars are sent to them regardless of what I think of whom is in power down there.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:48 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Here is the problem, when people like Wyclef get that rich, they are liars, cheats, and thieves... so when you offer to give them dictator-like power in a country... things usually don't end up very well... Look at Kerry, a huge multimillionaire, but also a tax dodger and you better not **** him off... so while there is a lot of hype and popularity with Wyclef, unless he was real genuine which is ultra rare with this small group of people... it is going to end with the same crap, different name...

Last edited by evilnewbie; 08-04-2010 at 08:01 PM..

Old 08-04-2010, 07:49 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
I'll wait and see what this limousine liberal will manage to accomplish... or not.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:25 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,343,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'll wait and see what this limousine liberal will manage to accomplish... or not.
Wyclef has already accomplished more for Haiti than any other Haitian celeb ever has. he's done more than most Haitian politicians ever has. I don't know what his plans are or the country, so I can't say I'm completely for the move, however he could be the change Haiti needs. right now, the country needs more presence. as the article mentioned, Wyclef is a major bridge between Haitians and the diaspora in the US and Canada. at this point, esp. because of the earthquake, most of the help Haiti will be getting will be coming from the outside. Wyclef as the stature that can hopefully help get the country more noticed and fix its image in the world. and maybe the fact that he was mostly raised in the US and not brought up in the highly corrupt world of Haitian politics will be a good thing

Old 08-04-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Wyclef has already accomplished more for Haiti than any other Haitian celeb ever has.
Sure doesn't sound like it...
Haiti crisis forgotten, pace of aid too slow to help victims *| ajc.com

Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 PM

34 posts, read 66,727 times
We are going to have alot of haters that say they need some one else to take care fo this country. Someone with the same views that we have here. NO THEY DON'T. They need a person that loves the country that they are from. Understand what the country has gone through and where it could be. Let him turn that country around and you can bet Americans will be his biggest advocate. He is in it for the right reasons why would a person think that we need some like Sarah Palin taking care of haiti. Is he not competent because he was a part of hip hop. Some people are just so narrow minded.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Here is the problem, when people like Wyclef get that rich, they are liars, cheats, and thieves... so when you offer to give them dictator-like power in a country... things usually don't end up very well... Look at Kerry, a huge multimillionaire, but also a tax dodger and you better not **** him off... so while there is a lot of hype and popularity with Wyclef, unless he was real genuine which is ultra rare with this small group of people... it is going to end with the same crap, different name...
Hit the nail on the head. Wyclef is a tax cheat. And a BIG one, at that...
IRS Hits Wyclef With $2.1 Million In Tax Liens | The Smoking Gun

Old 08-04-2010, 09:58 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,645,975 times
Maybe he's short on cash and has plans to wage war on the Dominican Republic to loot some of their money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies