U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-06-2010, 12:39 AM

10,962 posts, read 9,816,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Thanks, no conspiracy theory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It is no coincidence that many city folks are checking out of good jobs and careers taking up "homesteading" out in rural areas.

Large centralized populations are easy to control. Spread the populations out to less than 30/sq. mi. and limited local LE resources......federal control is not as efficient/effective.
Yeah, no conspiracy theory there.

Quote:
People are moving from the suburbs to the urban core, not from rural America to the urban core. It is a bit more than a few.
Wrong again. Double Whammy Rural Counties Lose Population Two Ways | Daily Yonder | Keep It Rural

Your anecdotal evidence doesn't change the fact that the suburban and rural ways of life are dying fast all over the country.

Quote:
But I'm glad you are willing to stay in Hell with palm trees.
I actually hate it here and am looking for the quickest way out. Tampa and some parts of St. Petersburg are the only redeeming quality, but when you get right down to it, it's still a state with a southern mentality, and that don't work for me.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 09:58 AM

40,060 posts, read 19,752,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
It's all about power and control, made to look like sunshine and lollipops. Which making it look this way is PART OF THE PLAN!!
Don't you think it's the least bit strange that you seem to have more information about this "plan" than anyone else? If I were you, I'd start being really careful about the places where you let out these tantalizing little hints. The Government may decide to make you disappear.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:32 AM

256 posts, read 136,672 times
Thank you for starting the thread, UpNort. It’s good to see so many people waking up to the dangers of the U.N. agenda.

California is way ahead of the country in implementing Agenda 21. Our government is working on “nudging”/prodding us out of our country lifestyles, into their Utopian “high density walkable communities”. They’re talking about tracking (and eventually taxing?) how many miles we drive. I’ll leave CA before I’m forced to live in a high density walkable community!!!

http://www.freedomadvocates.org/ has a lot of good info on Agenda 21 and ICLEI. Where can I find additional resources? Thanks.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:00 PM

1,530 posts, read 825,910 times
Fred
Everything on Agenda 21 is public information, it's out there for anyone to read. Since too many people don't bother because it sounds too far fetched or like it because it matches their own utopia dream. They have been slowing creeping into everything in the U.S. to accomplish their goal. Most of the enviromental groups out there were started by the UN to further their cause.

Artisan
Here's some other articles on it. There are alot of links to read more. I hope it helps and hopefully more people will wake-up and realize what is being done to them. The only way to stop them is being aware of what their doing and get involved to stop their agenda.

DSD Resources - Publications - Core Publications

UNESCO United Nations Educational,Scientific and Culture Organisation

The Crown Jewel of Understanding- Agenda 21 and The Club of Rome « Soldier For

47 in the United States - U.N. Biosphere Reserves

American Thinker UN Agenda 21 - Coming to a Neighborhood near You

ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability Homepage

Local Agenda 21- The U.N

Agenda 21’s New World Serfs#######

The Green Agenda

- American Land Rights Association -

httpwww.landrights.orgGreenPlan4Obama

The UN’s New Scams

The Earth Charter—Companion to Agenda 21

They are in our schools already. No Child Left Behind also.

“Race To The Top” is fixed just say No! Tenth Amendment Center

Old 08-06-2010, 01:07 PM

29,990 posts, read 20,580,784 times
From the American Thinker article linked above:

Most Americans will remain unaware of the implications of smart growth and Agenda 21 until after it is promulgated in their own backyards. Ironically, these plans are more insidious than the [SIZE=3]Eminent Domain ruling[/SIZE] by the Supreme Court in the case of Kelo v City of New London. Under Eminent Domain rulings, property owners usually receive compensation for their losses.
Conversely, smart growth municipal plans, required by statute, enable municipalities to change zoning laws and engage in other regulatory actions that devalue property, restrict off-conveyances, and otherwise erode property values without payment of any compensation to the property owner.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:12 PM

10,962 posts, read 9,816,346 times
I don't understand what problem people have with this proposal. Does anyone honestly think that efficient, walkable urban areas is really a bad thing?

Old 08-06-2010, 01:18 PM

7,383 posts, read 2,912,660 times
Is Agenda 21 the movie sequel to "District 9"? I loved that movie and can't wait for episode two.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:18 PM

4,884 posts, read 4,814,099 times
What lame conspiracy theory will the nutters imagine next. Yes, livable cities (making them walkable with mixed use development) is a giant conspiracy theory by the UN to control your life.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:23 PM

4,884 posts, read 4,814,099 times
BTW $4 billion spread over 50 states is $80,000,000 per state with most states having 2-5 large cities we're talking peanuts per major city. Basically one new park or mixed use development for the major cities in each state which is hardly some massive conspiracy to secretly steal you away from your trailer park.

Just a little bit of logical thought and mathematics would show even the most panicked conspiracy theory retard he is wrong but do they ever do it? Nope, that's just too much effort for them meanwhile they'll happily make massive conspiracy theory websites and post endless threads on dozens of forums claiming they've discovered the illuminati's secret plot.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:28 PM

1,530 posts, read 825,910 times
If this is your utopia dream, more power to you but don't insult everyone else.

We don't think like you and we will not be convinced by your comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies