Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:53 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
JPD wrote:
What IS convincing are the ridiculous restrictions our local government is now trying to put on private property (no development outside of urbanized centers), transportation and business, in the name of Sustainable Development - not to mention the money they are looking to spend!
"Our local government"

Define local.

None of the local governments within hundreds of miles of where I live are attempting to restrict development. On the contrary, they are all working day and night to attract as much development as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 10:45 AM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,695 times
Define local.[/quote]

Local government = Our county and surrounding counties.

It's great that you live in an area that isn't putting burdensome restrictions the citizenry.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:25 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,695 times

YouTube - Tonja Dausend - Property Rights and the U.N.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:27 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
This is right out of their plan book and is not a great idea. Everything they do is meant to look like it's really a good plan. It's power and control over you. To nudge you to do what they think is right.

Liveable Communities Bill

Then I got this from an enviromental group which called this a great population control bill.

HR 5121 Birth Control and Population Control

These are right out of the UN plan books for the U.S. I see that S 787 is picking up speed also. Control of ALL the water of the U.S.

S 787 Control of ALL Water by Federal government

Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims owner

They are circling the wagons and we need to be prepared. Contact your officials and vote out the jerks in Nov. Find out if who you view as a good candidate wants Agenda 21.

Agenda 21 for Dummies « Recycle Washington
It's right around the corner! Be scared people!

Old 09-24-2010, 09:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
I see all that "Livable cities" crap going on in Austin.
We have a train to nowhere that runs twice a day that is practically empty and they want to build MORE no less !!!!!
We have the energy efficiency police, the recycle police, the noise police, the impervious cover police (too much cement), the water police and I'm sure a host of others. Austin wants to be the greenest city one day.

Thank goodness I needed some space so I have 6 acres outside any city limits and in the county.
And all the "Boys down at the county" care about is if I do anything "commercial" which I don't.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:16 PM

546 posts, read 1,176,997 times
I think that Agenda 21 does in fact reduce American freedoms that people cherish. But think of it this way, since 1950 we kept on sprawling and had no care for the enviornment. I feel that if America didn't do these horrid suburbanization policies in the first place and were sensible, such as keeping the type of zoning that they had prior to WWII where every thing was dense enough, population didn't explode, and other things then farmers would get to keep their family farm and people can enjoy the country side. Since we didn't do that, Agenda 21 was made because of our mistake. As horrific as it is, I think there needs to be some controls to fix our mistake we took as a nation and a world. The controls over what you do with your property I know are horrific but we no longer live in a world where we are ignorant and this isn't 1950 anymore. If we do not preserve our nature spaces and farmland and allow people to do whatever they want, we will lose them forever so Agenda 21 as much as I disagree with restricting freedom, may actually be necessary because what would happen if we don't is much worse.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:51 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Have you ever researched Monsanto or Archer Daniels?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies