U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 06:30 AM

8,151 posts, read 5,594,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Actually my hispanic husband kinda agrees with this. Saying Anchor babies are a problem and that we need to address this.

Obama is losing hispanic support also. So they are going some where.
Let me guess your husband is cuban right? So you feel that gives you the ability to hide behind posting he is Hispanic. Cuban Spanish are totally different from the rest of the Latino population. I remember a lot of your post and I have known a few Cubans from Florida. They are part of the old Nixon southern strategy. Especially the ones that look more white than Spanish. I don't think your husband can speak for Mexican Americans no more than I can speak for Haitians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 06:38 AM

62,577 posts, read 34,115,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Well, actually it's not that clear cut. The rub is this:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Being "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" is the debatable part. Is a tourist REALLY subject to jurisdiction by the USA? A woman who hobbles over the border at 9 months?
Yes, anyone within our borders are subject to the jurisdiction of US.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:42 AM

10,032 posts, read 7,104,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
GOP Senators Push to End Birthright Citizenship - Newsweek (http://www.newsweek.com/spectrum/2010/08/04/gop-senators-push-to-end-birthright-citizenship.html - broken link)

I don't know why the GOP is opting for the short term gain of scared white voters giving them the House back for the long-term sacrifice of hispanics for an entire generation. Not a good strategy IMO.

What would you rather see? Politicians doing what's best for the country by ending a massive financial burden at the risk of losing votes or politicians ignoring what's best for the country to pander for votes?

The children of illegal aliens (anchor babies) have bankrupted the state of California

Old 08-05-2010, 06:46 AM

8,287 posts, read 11,800,590 times
I find it funny that Senator John McCain who wasn't even born in the US is considering repealing the 14th. Amendment!
By the way the 14th. Amendment also gave citizenship to blacks!

Its Citizenship Clause provides a broad definition of citizenship that overruled the decision in Dred Scott v. Sandford (1857), which held that blacks could not be citizens of the United States.

I guess we will be deporting blacks and hispanics then!

Old 08-05-2010, 06:50 AM

9,644 posts, read 8,583,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Let me guess your husband is cuban right? So you feel that gives you the ability to hide behind posting he is Hispanic. Cuban Spanish are totally different from the rest of the Latino population. I remember a lot of your post and I have known a few Cubans from Florida. They are part of the old Nixon southern strategy. Especially the ones that look more white than Spanish. I don't think your husband can speak for Mexican Americans no more than I can speak for Haitians.
My husband is American of spanish decent. That is all I have to say to you.

Have a nice day.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I find it funny that Senator John McCain who wasn't even born in the US is considering repealing the 14th. Amendment!

I find it funnier that you would even make this weak attempt at this asinie non-point.

Quote:
The requirements for citizenship, and its very definition in American statute law, have changed since the Constitution was ratified in 1788. Congress first recognized the citizenship of children born to U.S. parents overseas on March 26, 1790, stating that "the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens: Provided, That the right of citizenship shall not descend to persons whose fathers have never been resident in the United States.
Natural born citizen of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nothing like bringing up an issue that was resolved in 1790 to try to make some kind of weak political statement. Moonbattery never ceases to amaze me.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:56 AM

8,287 posts, read 11,800,590 times
yes Rick because by your definition the only requirement to be a US Citizen is to be white like you

Old 08-05-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
yes Rick because by your definition the only requirement to be a US Citizen is to be white like you

Typical leftie....when in doubt shout racism!

1. Rick Roma is not my real name
2. You have no idea what race I am
3. Why change now since you never did need facts to begin with?

Old 08-05-2010, 07:22 AM

62,577 posts, read 34,115,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Let me guess your husband is cuban right?
Some Cubans say that illegal immigrants should be send back home. Easy for them to say, because they came here mostly illegally, but were granted green cards because of the "wet foot, dry foot" policy due to political reasons.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:28 AM

8,151 posts, read 5,594,069 times
Quote:
Spot on! I dont care what he says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies