Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:59 PM

138 posts, read 214,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I love how this poster worked in the phrase "homosexuality as a criminal act' and "our great nation." I think someone has been watching too much Glenn Beck.

Fascism much?

By the by, do you care to back that statement up? b/c you know most of those people OWNED other people.
You're right, I love Glenn Beck! The difference is that blacks and women were created as exactly that, blacks and women. Gays were not created gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 01:03 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
Homosexuality was not a criminal act - the word didn't even exist. Sodomy or buggery was, and it was based on religious beliefs, not secular. Sodomy, incidentally, also covers acts disallowed between heterosexual couples as well.
Oh, I think it's safe to say that thetruth33nthe813 was really upset back in 2003 when all anti-sodomy laws were struck down as unconstitutional as well!

The obsession with controlling the sexuality of everyone is a very curious pathology...

Old 08-10-2010, 01:16 PM

396 posts, read 732,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth33nthe813 View Post
Gays were not created gay.
I assume you can prove this? Please do. Should be easy enough. Right?

Old 08-10-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Gays were not created gay.
Btw - while you're digging up the proof of that, I'd love to hear the story of the day you decided to be heterosexual instead of homosexual. Because obviously, you weren't born heterosexual... since they weren't born homosexual... so I'm just dying to hear about the whole thought process, the weighing of the pros and cons you did, and what led you to pick one over the other.

Was it a difficult choice? How much experimenting did you do to make sure you were making the "right" choice? Do you ever regret your choice? Do you ever feel like maybe you picked the easy route... you know, the one where people weren't going to be constantly insulting and degrading you for being different, or claiming they have some god-inspired knowledge of the ultimate disposition of your soul, or believing they actually have some right to dictate your behavior? I mean, they say that suffering is good for the soul, so I'm just wondering if maybe you sometimes feel you picked the more cowardly path instead of one which would build character? Not that I agree it's the more cowardly path, but I know some people do... does that ever bother you?

[/sarcasm]

Old 08-10-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
I assume you can prove this? Please do. Should be easy enough. Right?
Yea. When's the last time you saw a gay rabbit? How about a gay horse? or dog? Exactly. It is just not natural. It's a personal choice. Period.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:57 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,571 times
Quote:
You're right, I love Glenn Beck! The difference is that blacks and women were created as exactly that, blacks and women. Gays were not created gay.
Does anyone else see the words this person used? Glenn Beck in nucking futs.

There is a b word and a r word right at the tip of my tongue, and they are directed at you. According to the precious Bible, women were created from Adam's rib, and blacks were cursed to be that way....it was a punishment for Noah's children. You know people are black...because their parents are black. You know why 1/2 the population is female, because of the XX chromosomes. Not because of God.

"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image, when He hates all the same people you do."

Old 08-10-2010, 02:02 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,571 times
Quote:
Yea. When's the last time you saw a gay rabbit? How about a gay horse? or dog? Exactly. It is just not natural. It's a personal choice. Period.
Actually there are documented cases of gay penguins and dolhpins.

So there.

You should give up now....you're losing.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Are you joking? Is it actually possible that there's someone left on this planet who has NOT heard of homosexuality in animals? Hell, usually the conservatives point to it as proof that "gay is bad" - because, you know, "animals" do it and human beings should be above such "base" impulses.

How about my gay cats? We suspect that's why they were surrendered to CatConnection where we adopted them from. They were also littermates, both males. We got them nearly 10 years ago, they were 5 at the time. We lost one last March after he had a series of strokes and had to be put to sleep. They were definitely a bonded, homosexual "couple." We got a female cat about 3 years ago... they tolerated her, but had zero sexual interest in her... heck, they wouldn't even cuddle with her.

I am just staggered that anyone is even still basing their objection on such a massive misconception. I know people are ill-informed, but seriously...??

Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homosexual Activity Among Animals Stirs Debate

And a rather hysterical and amusing article by some bible thumpers acknowledging that yeah, same-sex animals are boffing, but that animals also eat their young and stuff, so clearly the fact that homosexuality DOES appear in nature doesn't make it "morally right." Along with a bunch of "but it's not really homosexuality as an orientation, it's just base animal urges" blah blah blah.

Homosexuality in animals myth - Conservapedia

Yes Virginia, even "teh animalz iz having teh ghey".

Old 08-10-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Does anyone else see the words this person used? Glenn Beck in nucking futs.

There is a b word and a r word right at the tip of my tongue, and they are directed at you. According to the precious Bible, women were created from Adam's rib, and blacks were cursed to be that way....it was a punishment for Noah's children. You know people are black...because their parents are black. You know why 1/2 the population is female, because of the XX chromosomes. Not because of God.

"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image, when He hates all the same people you do."
The Bible is the best selling book of all time by the way.By far. So the 1st woman was created from Adam's rib, so what? And the thing about blacks being cursed is complete bull. That was a false belief that many southern preachers held, back in the days of open racism. Blacks were created equal, along with all other races, at the Tower of Babel. God also created the world's languages at that point too. God doesn't hate homosexuals. In fact, he loves them just as much as straight people. He just hates their sin, and everyone else's sin for that matter. But God certainly does not hate gay people, and neither do I.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:18 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
How 'bout that speicies of lizard where the entire species is female?

Or, bonobo monkeys, which reguarly are observed to participate in homosexual coupling?

Or homosexual penguins?

Or the fact that dogs reguarly mount other dogs of the same gender?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies