U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-04-2010, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Long Beach
2,348 posts, read 2,418,546 times
Reputation: 909

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
So a homosexual activist judge told the voters of California that their vote does not mean a thing. How surprising
hey, go read the 14th amendment. then come back and lets have an intelligible debate.

nah screw it....the 14th amendement states:

The XIV Amendment:
"Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article."

In bold, the plaintiff proved with out a doubt in Court that marriage is a right to be guarenteed, check. Then because it's a right, it was to NOT be abridged upon. So, a billion trillion people could have voted it down, and that still would mean squat. No America citizen has the perogative to vote on any one else's Right. Rights are NOT to be voted upon. They are eternal and enshrined in the Constitution and laws set therein and in the many states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-04-2010, 07:41 PM
 
Location: Long Beach
2,348 posts, read 2,418,546 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
see post #240
and DOMA would prohibit that. Hence why DOMA was ruled to be unconstitutional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 07:47 PM
 
Location: In the desert
2,620 posts, read 1,952,973 times
Reputation: 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by StartTheRevolution! View Post
Way to another idiot judge who destroys the will of the people of California and institutes his own biased opinion. I guess it has nothing to do with the fact he is a sodomite as well. Real legit. If anyone else needs anything more to see that the justice system in this country is extremely flawed and they people running it care nothing for the PEOPLE anymore then I don't know what will. They complain when citizens take the law into our own hands yet its just peachy when they do it. Day of the rope comes soon liberal judges!

Just who are you to think that you have the right to push your particular preferences onto anyone?
The peoples will? your will?
Can't you just be happy that some people are in love and wanting to get married and live their life without instilling their beliefs to you?

What the heck is this "day of the rope liberal judges" stuff?
Obviously you are a far far right winger who wants Government out of our lives but, conveniently wants to control those who beliefs differ from yours.
When you say things like the "citizens taking the law into their own hands" I don't mind tellin ya that it's people like you that I find dangerous & appalling!
It's shouldn't be anybody's darn business what people choose to do.
Get out of somebody else's bedroom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
12,261 posts, read 11,278,530 times
Reputation: 6093
The Country you are looking for is not the United States. You want to oppress freedom and keep sexuality according to your standards. The countries that agree with you are IRAN EGYPT etc etc.

America Land of the Free Home of the Brave......

We all have prejudice in our lives but those of you who believe that freedom attaches to your key belt and stops applying to those people who make you feel uncomfortable do not belong here in this country.

Am I coming through =) ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 07:55 PM
 
8,640 posts, read 7,951,314 times
Reputation: 2854
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
hey, go read the 14th amendment. then come back and lets have an intelligible debate.

nah screw it....the 14th amendement states:

The XIV Amendment:
"Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article."

In bold, the plaintiff proved with out a doubt in Court that marriage is a right to be guarenteed, check. Then because it's a right, it was to NOT be abridged upon. So, a billion trillion people could have voted it down, and that still would mean squat. No America citizen has the perogative to vote on any one else's Right. Rights are NOT to be voted upon. They are eternal and enshrined in the Constitution and laws set therein and in the many states.

Was there a section addressing perversions and behavior in there because that is all homosexuals are about. They want special laws and priviledges because of their abnormal behaviors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
12,261 posts, read 11,278,530 times
Reputation: 6093
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Was there a section addressing perversions and behavior in there because that is all homosexuals are about. They want special laws and priviledges because of their abnormal behaviors.
Glad someone on this forum actually has appointed himself as the "decider" on what is perverse and what is not.

Thanks man. Your role is clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
7,450 posts, read 5,800,577 times
Reputation: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Was there a section addressing perversions and behavior in there because that is all homosexuals are about. They want special laws and priviledges because of their abnormal behaviors.
It's only considered "perversions" by people who haven't done a lick of research into the subject.

Anyone with any credibility on the subject would say that homosexuality (while not the "social norm") is anything but. That homosexuality is perfectly okay mentally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 07:58 PM
 
Location: Don't be a cry baby!
1,310 posts, read 1,181,818 times
Reputation: 617
What if two hermaphrodites hook up?
Then what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 08:03 PM
 
Location: San Jose
1,856 posts, read 2,087,304 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
What if two hermaphrodites hook up?
Then what?
Everyone's happy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Long Beach
2,348 posts, read 2,418,546 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Was there a section addressing perversions and behavior in there because that is all homosexuals are about. They want special laws and priviledges because of their abnormal behaviors.
ahhh, bigotry and ignorance...priceless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:47 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top