Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 05:33 PM

47 posts, read 31,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
We've been hearing that for many years now.

If it hasn't happened yet, it's not going to happen.

It's like saying "The end of the world is nigh!".

It's rather boring at this point.

And if people are fed up with "activist judges telling them how to live their lives", then they really shouldn't be in America.

Since that's pretty much the foundation OF teh country.
The foundation of the country was to be left alone to be free to do what we want as long as we are not hurting anyone.Not to allow disgusting degenerate mental illnesses to take hold in our society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 05:33 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StartTheRevolution! View Post
It has nothing to do with majority/minority it has to do with liberals,communists,traitors destroying this country. It also has everything to do with the will of the people. Liberals have to be the whiniest people on earth if they don't get their way they complain and whine and sue until its either settled in their favor or settled at the highest court.
Sir, you just opened a can, of I'm gonna tell you what's what, and you will deal with it.

Liberal, commies, traitors? Are you freaking kidding me? What Repuglican rock did you crawl from under?

the will of the people...the MAJORITY in any circumstance DO NOT HAVE THE PEROGATIVE [that's a special word for right] to disenfranchaise a minority. They simply don't. There is no precedence for it in our LIBERAL Democratic Republic. Which is out form of government-whether you like it or not. But it sounds like you'd be happier living under a theocracy-which is the antithesis of what we are.

I'll say it again, I suggest you familarize yourself with the founding fathers, and their beliefs and the philioshophers they read, starting with Plato, Aristotle and Cicero.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:35 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
The foundation of the country was to be left alone to be free to do what we want as long as we are not hurting anyone.Not to allow disgusting degenerate mental illnesses to take hold in our society.
Homosexuals aren't going anywhere regardless of marriage laws. Don't be ignorant.

2,347 posts, read 2,784,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There is no steam to revolt over gay marriage. That would be the lamest revolt ever.
Well he is a revolutionary.

I think it's gonna be a one man revolution.

286 posts, read 699,470 times
Quote:
Ah so trying to say I am a homosexual nice try but you fail I am a married man. Not gay sorry for you. I am not upset about homosexuals I am upset that the peoples will was undone by an activist judge who just happened to be a homosexual and that destroyed any neutrality he was supposed to have in considering both sides of the argument.
Ted Haggart and Larry Craig were married too, but whatever.

Quit lying though. You hate gays. The reason is obvious to anyone with a clue.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:36 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
Your statement has been proven wrong by the Constitution.

You must be speaking about a different country.

Also: Mental illness?

Proven wrong by science.

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Well he is a revolutionary.

I think it's gonna be a one man revolution.
ooooooo is that like a one man band? I'd like to see that.

47 posts, read 31,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Sir, you just opened a can, of I'm gonna tell you what's what, and you will deal with it.

Liberal, commies, traitors? Are you freaking kidding me? What Repuglican rock did you crawl from under?

the will of the people...the MAJORITY in any circumstance DO NOT HAVE THE PEROGATIVE [that's a special word for right] to disenfranchaise a minority. They simply don't. There is no precedence for it in our LIBERAL Democratic Republic. Which is out form of government-whether you like it or not. But it sounds like you'd be happier living under a theocracy-which is the antithesis of what we are.

I'll say it again, I suggest you familarize yourself with the founding fathers, and their beliefs and the philioshophers they read, starting with Plato, Aristotle and Cicero.
ROFL. Name me some books I should read.I would be more than interested to read some good books. Go ahead.

2,125 posts, read 1,939,523 times
Quote:
Hahahaha, how disgusting. Everyone should be free to do what they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone. EXCEPT FOR THOSE FRIGGIN HOMOS

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ah, that's why the Constitution provides protections for minorities against the tyranny of the majority. Which is surprising as often as you use that line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies