U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:00 PM

26,753 posts, read 17,358,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Here. Here is your queen.

Shannyn Moore: Palin's Homer Moment: Celebrity Sarah Confronted by Citizen (WATCH)

And Donna7, you couldn't be more correct.
Interesting article and yes, that is who Palin and he brood really are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 02:18 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,154,350 times
"In what has become typical tragic irony, Sarah initially claimed to support Kathleen's First Amendment Rights. But as soon as Billy Sullivan walked toward the dock, one of Palin's entourage tore down the sign to great applause from her group."

Pretty sad considering she said this to the woman before:

Palin: Here’s the deal. Here’s the deal. (inaudible) That’s what I’m out there fightin’ for Americans to be able to have a Constitution protected so that we can have free speech…And ALSO there…

Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,610,381 times
I wonder if the crazed Left, like this woman in the video, think their behavior toward Palin endears them to the American people.

It just exposes them for the crazed, insane individuals they truly are.

I thought Palin handled it very well, in a mocking sort of way.

I like her question to the nutjob - So you wanted me to be your governor - NOT!

Last edited by sanrene; 08-09-2010 at 03:44 PM..

Old 08-09-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I wonder if the crazed Left, like this woman in the video, think their behavior toward Palin endears them to the American people.

I though Palin handled it very well, in a mocking sort of way.

First of all, how do you know the woman in the video is a leftie?

Second, why do you think she is crazy? Point out from the transcript what was so crazy about the things she said? She didn't say anything that wasn't true.

Palin: like how? Whatís up?
Kathleen: You swore on your precious Bible that you would uphold the interests of this state, and then when cash was waved in front of your face, you quit.
Palin: OH, you WANTED me to be your governor! Iím honored! Thank you!
Kathleen: I wanted you to honor your responsibilities. That is what I wanted. I wanted you to be part of the political process instead of becoming a celebrity so that you could (inaudible). And if thatís the best you could do, then good for you. If thatís the best you could do.
Palin: Hereís the deal. Hereís the deal. (inaudible) Thatís what Iím out there fightiní for Americans to be able to have a Constitution protected so that we can have free speechÖAnd ALSO thereÖ
Kathleen: In what way are you fighting for that?
Palin: Oh my goodness!
Kathleen: In what way?
Palin: To elect candidates who understand the Constitution, to protect our military interests so that we can keep on fightiní for our constitution that will protect some of the freedoms that evidently are important to you too.
Kathleen: By using your celebrity status, certainly not by political status.
Palin Daughter: How is she a celebrity? Thatís my question.
Palin: Iím honored! No, she thinks Iím a celebrity!
Palin Daughter: Thatís funny that you think she is.
Kathleen: Well, youíre certainly not representing the state of Alaska any longerÖeven thoughÖ
Palin Daughter: Sheís representing United States?
Kathleen: Yes, I know. You belong to America now, and that suits me just fine. Yeah.
Palin: What do you do here?
Kathleen: Iím a teacher
Palin: Oh. (Eye roll and protracted grimace)
Palin Daughter: Oh.
Kathleen: I also have a few other jobs. Iím married to a commercial fisherman. And so I fish.
Palin: Oh thatís cool. So am I! I married to-we probably have a lot in common!
Kathleen: Yeah. You know, I think that we do.
Palin: Hi! (waves to camera) Are we on video?
Kathleen: Too bad. Iím more of a still camera girl myself. (inaudible) I am, I amÖI will tell you Iím very pleased to meet you.
Palin: Iím honored to meet you, I really am. And, no we both agree on the freedom of speech and the-
Kathleen: Yes we do.
Palin: you know Ė the protection of that. So, um, no I and, you knowÖ best of everything to you too and Yeah.
Kathleen: Thank you for coming over.
Palin: Well, okay. Itís nice to meet you anyway.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:

I though Palin handled it very well, in a mocking sort of way.

I thought that is what you want: Regular people asking politicians tough and legitimate questions.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:23 PM

12,256 posts, read 16,213,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Wait, getting on Obama for playing the "blame game", yet continuing to play said blame game?

Politics. Business as usual. Nothing but a bunch of "NU-UHS" and "WELL YOU DID IT FIRST".

ONe would think that we were looking at a elementary school recess-style argument.
I've been saying that for some time now. That seems to be the way it works "don't ask me for an answer...just listen to me criticize him for not having one"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I thought that is what you want: Regular people asking politicians tough and legitimate questions.
By regular people they mean non-liberals by tough and legitimate they mean scripted.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:46 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,610,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Yeah, when they start doing that to obama (when he finally has a presser so they can), maybe it would be legitimate for a private citizen, which is what Palin is.

Besides, the woman looks like a complete jerk - Palin has been out of office for over a year, it is clear this is just another political stunt from the angry, frothing Left.

What office does Palin hold?

Old 08-09-2010, 03:51 PM

2,086 posts, read 2,172,971 times
Quote:
Yeah, when they start doing that to obama (when he finally has a presser so they can), maybe it would be legitimate for a private citizen, which is what Palin is.

Besides, the woman looks like a complete jerk - Palin has been out of office for over a year, it is clear this is just another political stunt from the angry, frothing Left.

The left is still stuck in the past. To them she is still in office and Bush is still president.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:51 PM

12,256 posts, read 16,213,409 times
Quote:
Well I guess we'll just have to wait for Obama to walk up to someone with a banner that says "worst president ever" and strike up a conversation.

Quote:
I don't think the woman looked like a complete jerk. I thought she looked like someone who chose to express herself. What makes her a jerk?

Quote:
Then why do we care that she unloaded on Obama? I mean if she's that unimportant than I can create a thread saying "My neighbor UNLOADS on Obama for His whining and Blame Game" If she's just a private citizen then let her do her unloading privately like everyone else.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:10 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,567,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Well I guess we'll just have to wait for Obama to walk up to someone with a banner that says "worst president ever" and strike up a conversation.

I don't think the woman looked like a complete jerk. I thought she looked like someone who chose to express herself. What makes her a jerk?

Then why do we care that she unloaded on Obama? I mean if she's that unimportant than I can create a thread saying "My neighbor UNLOADS on Obama for His whining and Blame Game" If she's just a private citizen then let her do her unloading privately like everyone else.
Great post! Especially that last paragraph!

If the woman was a jerk then, as she and Sarah agreed, they had a lot in common!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies