U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 07:55 PM

8,621 posts, read 8,526,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Whoopy doo .... Palin unloads on Obama.

Palin is so powerful she gave the kiss of death to just about every candidate she endorsed.
Kinda like............Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 07:57 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,584,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Whoopy doo .... Palin unloads on Obama.

Palin is so powerful she gave the kiss of death to just about every candidate she endorsed.
Uhhh.....she's like 9-3 in endorsements. Maybe you mean obama's kiss of death - he's like 0-5.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:58 PM

3,482 posts, read 4,018,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sarah Palin has a problem managing her own household....so her opinion matters because???

The real stupidity lies with those sheeple who keep referring back to her "nuggets of wisdom" in an attempt to "school" the rest of us.
And our singularly incompetent president attempts to school the nation on what is good for us. I would have to grade the presidential fawners as something less than sheeple. You might look at them as Animal Farm's dogs.

Keep slobbering and fawning, you dumb dogs.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:59 PM

34,990 posts, read 34,737,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Your first link shows all the spending bills. The wars and medicare expansion were 2 on there Obama voted for funding.

No sane person could say Obama was responsible with government money. He makes George Bush look miserly.
I wonder why he's had to spend so much

I agree that in hindsight, the banks got more money than they should have. What's the rest of your claim?

You think he should have voted not to fund the soldiers? As I recall he voted No on the first version of that bill, because he'd actually read it and saw that a lot of pork was tucked into it.

What is the Medicare expansion bill? I dont see it.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I agree that in hindsight, the banks got more money than they should have. What's the rest of your claim?

You think he should have voted not to fund the soldiers? As I recall he voted No on the first version of that bill, because he'd actually read it and saw that a lot of pork was tucked into it.

What is the Medicare expansion bill? I dont see it.
How about his votes increasing spending by 20+ percent over the last 3 1/2 years?

How about the dem congress increasing the debt by 40% in the same time frame?

Old 08-04-2010, 08:02 PM

17,611 posts, read 19,033,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
And our singularly incompetent president attempts to school the nation on what is good for us. I would have to grade the presidential fawners as something less than sheeple. You might look at them as Animal Farm's dogs.

Keep slobbering and fawning, you dumb dogs.
Sarah Palin's opinion about anything is about as relevant as an episode of Hee Haw

But its fun to watch her cult members get bent out of shape wherever people make fun of her stupidity. I guess birds of a feather....

Old 08-04-2010, 08:03 PM

418 posts, read 632,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Maybe Sarah Palin should spend a little more time worrying about her own family because as it stands they are acting as if they are auditioning for the Jerry Springer Show or the Beverly Hillbillies.
That's not a very nice thing to say about The Beverly Hillbillies.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I wonder why he's had to spend so much
A good analogy for you; If your family is in debt, do you spend, spend, spend yourself into oblivion to get out of debt?

This answer should be good.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:07 PM

15,065 posts, read 19,692,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This was good.

So many in the media fail to follow up with the obvious question when obama and the dems try and blame Bush for their inherited mess.
I'll agree with you, the day that republicans stop blaming Bill Clinton.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:07 PM

17,611 posts, read 19,033,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
A good analogy for you; If your family is in debt, do you spend, spend, spend yourself into oblivion to get out of debt?

This answer should be good.
Your analogy is overly simplistic and flawed in a microeconomics vs macroeconomics sort of way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies