U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 12:45 AM

6,183 posts, read 4,968,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
I answered to OP already, I believe it went something to the tune of "Probably misclicked/didn't know" followed by a rebuttal and questioning the sanity of the poster due to a private citizen picking to associate to whomever. If Beck put up a post saying that he hates all <insert group> that would be his perogative and while I may disagree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
I know generally if you can have your IP hacked to post spam on whatever social networking site you're on, you have to be on one of those sites to begin with. So even if this was "accidental" that would mean he was on a similar site to begin with.

And this isn't a question of whether he should be allowed to post links to wherever he wants. This is a question of credibility. Unless there was some bizarre mistake or this is a fabricated story, Beck obviously has an inane prejudice towards people of other races. If he has a blind prejudice, why should anyone take his word about our black president seriously?

Quote:
Oops, looking back you are the OP. Your choice in reading material should probably vary a little.

As for #2: You stated it yourself, it is history. History of a vast majority white controlled culture previously. "Violence and terror" within the 200 year US history pails in comparison to the fairly recent events within some of Eastern Europe and the African continent. Its pretty much a footnote in the comparison to Hitler, Moa, and Stalin. So while we can put it in a history book learn from our past, and avoid it in future, lets not be so quick to excuse the groups that are basically advocating for the prior problems. We should likewise find it inexcusable that elected officials will support such nonsense.
And I do find it to be a blessing white nationalist groups are going the way of the dinosaur. But that doesn't mean they're gone and harmless. I don't know about this specific one on Beck's twitter (the site was blocked to non-users) but I know there are current White Nationalist groups who: advocate for Hitler, want to repeal Civil Rights and lynching laws, and some even deny the Holocaust ever happened. Like I said, I don't know if that fits the profile of this group Beck listed as a favorite, but regardless they are birds of a feather and if this is indeed true Beck legitimately posted this to his twitter, then he should have some explaining to do to his fans, many of whom are on this site and take every breath he makes as 100% credible. Or better yet, if this is true, I'd like to hear from his fans as to why they should take him credible still....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 05:01 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,977,217 times
Non-story. I've accidentally favored some posts too but then deleted them later. It happens.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:23 PM

4,968 posts, read 7,299,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
While I dont agree with any racist of any kind.

As long as democrats approve of groups like the new black panther party. They have no room to complain about a white group.

Personally I think both groups should move to an island and fight it out no guns or weapons

Quit watching Faux news.
Faux is terrible, having a NBPP update every 2 hours and how they're a "threat to our nations security" , convinces posters like this that the DNC approves of the NBPP. Shame, really.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:28 PM

767 posts, read 392,930 times
Almost as bad as favoring Rev. Wright for 25 years.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Non-story. I've accidentally favored some posts too but then deleted them later. It happens.
You know you can remove it from your favorites within seconds too, right?

Old 08-09-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Almost as bad as favoring Rev. Wright for 25 years.
1. When I see Wright denying the Holocaust happened or favors repealing Civil Rights laws and lynching laws, I'll believe you.

2. The thread isn't about Wright. Quit deflecting

Old 08-10-2010, 03:31 PM

1,809 posts, read 1,936,466 times
The far-right mingling with outright racists and neo-nazis. Gee, real surprise there lmao

Old 08-10-2010, 03:41 PM

720 posts, read 606,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
While I dont agree with any racist of any kind.

As long as democrats approve of groups like the new black panther party. They have no room to complain about a white group.

Personally I think both groups should move to an island and fight it out no guns or weapons

Agreed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies