U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 PM

43 posts, read 55,484 times

Advertisements

All247News is just another blogging site. Nowhere in the article does it say that Reid and Pelosi have specifically said that they will NOT bring up Tier V before the elections; it just says that as of now it is not one of the bills that they will be voting on before Nov. That can certainly change anytime now. I think there is still some hope for a Tier V before the elections. 99'ers and all the unemployed should call, email, and fax the senators as much as possible and DEMAND they vote on Tier V before the elections or lose their respective votes. I just wish the democrats would grow some BALLS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 05:22 PM

1,097 posts, read 1,728,963 times
Honestly -- I think they think if they just ignore it, it will go away. This is not denial, it's more like avoidance -- if you don't open the bill in the mail, then it didn't really come, & maybe it will just somehow fix itself or just go away :+o They will try to fix all the little things around the edges [lots of things accomplished, numbers-wise] and ignore the 4 ton elephant in the room that sapping all the air out of the country.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:40 PM

21,524 posts, read 43,855,825 times
And what voting options do the unemployed have? Put the rope around their neck and vote for the GOP?

Stay at home and let the GOP win by default?

Either way, they are shooting themselves in the foot. Indifference will be very costly. This election is as important as the Presidential election. No one seems to realize that. The middle class in this country is already circling the drain. A GOP win, puts the lid on it.

I just don't get the American people at all. If anything, the GOP should be sent packing, unequivocally. Party of no, no, no. Ruin the country at any cost so they can continue to rob and pillage it. Don't people get it, yet?

Last edited by Ariadne22; 09-17-2010 at 06:31 PM..

Old 09-17-2010, 06:07 PM

613 posts, read 854,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
And what voting options to the unemployed have? Put the rope around their neck and vote for the GOP?

Either way, they are shooting themselves in the foot. Indifference will be very costly. This election is as important as the Presidential election. No one seems to realize that. The middle class in this country is already circling the drain. A GOP win, puts the lid on it.

I just don't get the American people at all. If anything, the GOP should be sent packing, unequivocally. Party of no, no, no. Ruin the country at any cost so they can continue to rob and pillage it. Don't people get it, yet?
Amen Sister

Old 09-17-2010, 06:52 PM

4,585 posts, read 10,822,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
And what voting options do the unemployed have? Put the rope around their neck and vote for the GOP?

I'll second that amen

Old 09-17-2010, 07:28 PM

126 posts, read 429,141 times
I'm voting Democrat.. Just different Democrats, that's all. I won't be voting for current Dems, but voting in the new ones. I will never in my life vote Repub.

But anyway, if any sort of extension or Tier 5 has any chance, I think, it needs to be fully funded. Paid for. I don't think trying to pass it as "emergency spending" will be successfull anymore. I mean, it just barely squeaked by the last time. Obviously it is emergency spending but Congress won't budge if it is not paid for. I see a bunch of unmovable road blocks if they try to bring it up as "emergency spending".

Old 09-18-2010, 06:24 AM

47,576 posts, read 60,526,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Just curious it it's "paid for".....this is not to say that I think it should or shouldn't be, but if it is it will at least get the "Maine twins" and Nelson and pass......look at what it did to revive the long chopped up and discarded "aid for states" bill.
I doubt Stabenow cares one way or the other. The politicians are trying to buy votes and this bill definitely does not create a single job or end NAFTA and GATT so jobs are brought back to the USA.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:58 AM

43 posts, read 55,484 times
The American 99ers Union is calling for action:
On Wednesday, September 22nd we want everyone who reads this message to take action between the hours of 9am and 9pm in order to show our power and numbers, to call for the immediate passing of Senate Bill 3706.
We want every one of you and as many friends, relatives and others as you can convince to do so, to send a fax, web mail, and/or make a phone call to your own two Senators and ask them to please support and vote for The Americans Want To Work Act, S. 3706. And just as important, call the Senate Finance Committee to let them get the bill to the senate floor!!

Old 09-18-2010, 11:26 AM

208 posts, read 484,608 times
Our elected officials in Congress earn Approx. $175,000 a year with great bennies...of course they're out of touch with the "rest of us"...Public service doesn't exist - only career advancement...

Old 09-18-2010, 11:47 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,065,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodywantsme View Post
Our elected officials in Congress earn Approx. $175,000 a year with great bennies...of course they're out of touch with the "rest of us"...Public service doesn't exist - only career advancement...
Sure, but look how hard they have to work. It's not like they're off for a vacation every 3 or 4 weeks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies