Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 08:47 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,962 times

Advertisements

...jut long enough to sucker the rubes into voting for him in the primary.

Ah yes, Ken Buck (R, naturally) candidate for the Senate from Colorado shows his true colors. With tea party backing he campaigned on such stands as;

"I'll NEVER vote for ANY person, for ANY job in the federal government who is pro-choice". Yep, that went away yesterday in a quiet "repositioning" on his website.

"I'll INTRODUCE a constitutional amendment to ban ALL abortions, for any reasons including RAPE and INCEST or to save the life of the mother". That has been replaced with, I "might" vote for a Constitutional amendment to ban "most" abortions.

"I'm all for the 'personhood' amendment". (For those of you who don't know this is a referendum for a state amendment granting "personhood" from the moment of conception). This was defeated 3:1 in 2008 but the whack jobs in Colorado Springs and elsewhere are trying it again. You guessed it, his new position is "I hadn't studied it thoroughly enougn, now I'm not sure".

So, the tea party darling has discovered that people carrying "Obama is Hitler" signs and cheering him on when he took whacky positions may not be enough to carry the day with people who aren't complete morons.

I'm sure our tea party posters on here will be by shortly to blame Obama and the Democrats for this LYING SACK OF SHE EYET and everything he stands for.

Not sure what his position is on masturbation and witchcraft. He's waiting to see how those issues poll in Delaware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 08:54 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
if it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:54 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post

Ah yes, Ken Buck (R, naturally) candidate for the Senate from Colorado shows his true colors. With tea party backing he campaigned on such stands as;

"I'll NEVER vote for ANY person, for ANY job in the federal government who is pro-choice". Yep, that went away yesterday in a quiet "repositioning" on his website.

"I'll INTRODUCE a constitutional amendment to ban ALL abortions, for any reasons including RAPE and INCEST or to save the life of the mother". That has been replaced with, I "might" vote for a Constitutional amendment to ban "most" abortions.

"I'm all for the 'personhood' amendment". (For those of you who don't know this is a referendum for a state amendment granting "personhood" from the moment of conception). This was defeated 3:1 in 2008 but the whack jobs in Colorado Springs and elsewhere are trying it again. You guessed it, his new position is "I hadn't studied it thoroughly enougn, now I'm not sure".

So, the tea party darling has discovered that people carrying "Obama is Hitler" signs and cheering him on when he took whacky positions may not be enough to carry the day with people who aren't complete morons.

I'm sure our tea party posters on here will be by shortly to blame Obama and the Democrats for this LYING SACK OF SHE EYET and everything he stands for.

Not sure what his position is on masturbation and witchcraft. He's waiting to see how those issues poll in Delaware.
Any links????

Old 09-19-2010, 09:26 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
It's sad nearly every day another far right lunatic makes a fool out of themselves. Looking good for the dems in november

Old 09-19-2010, 09:35 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Looking good for the dems in november
You're dreaming.

I find it interesting (and sad) that someone isn't allowed to change their position on something, lest they be called a "flip-flopper" or pandering, etc. Yet, if they remain firm, they're "ignoring new information," "afraid of change," etc.

I'm so glad that I'm not a politician.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:44 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Any links????
Another one who asks to do their homework for them.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:

Let me get this straight. A TP candidate clarifies his position on abortion and you get mad. But Obama can lie through his teeth on things like transparency and public review of bills and you stay quiet. Remember these numbers 19, 30, 36??? pffft
LMAO the extreme on left are running scared with their false drama. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2010, 10:01 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
It's a good thing Obama kept all of his primary campaign promises, or democrats would look like hypocrites for pointing this out.....oh wait, never mind.....

Old 09-19-2010, 10:01 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Sounds like a Donk trying to fraud the constituency. Can prison be far... ahem... behind?

Old 09-19-2010, 10:03 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:

Adjustable principles are the ultimate embodiment of relativistic mechanics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies