Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 01:54 PM

110 posts, read 124,036 times

Advertisements

Why are liberals so heterophobic that they can't accept defeat fair and square? I mean it's one thing to work within the system to legalize homosexual marriage. I may disagree with your, but I can respect that fact that you're working within the system. If the majority were in favor of homosexual marriage, I would accept the fact and live with it, not try and skirt the system to change it. But the fact is, you liberals had your chance at working within the system and you lost at every turn. Before Proposition 8 was even allowed on the ballot, it went before the California State Supreme Court where both sides made their case, and it was analyzed by legal scholars on both sides of the aisle. It was determined to be constitutional, so it was placed on the ballot. The people of California voted on it fair and square and Prop 8 passed with a 52% MAJORITY. Yet again the left lost. So rather than accepting the fact that they lost fair and square, and that the majority clearly disagreed with them, what do they do? They shop it to a sympathetic activist judge who tells seven million people to drop dead, he's more important and more powerful than seven million Californians combined.

I can't imagine how heterophobic liberals must be that they feel it acceptable to nullify the votes of seven million people in order to impose their agenda on the state. The left is so committed to degrading the institution of marriage, eroding the family, and homosexualizing the children that they're willing to cheat the system in order to win. You liberals think you did the homosexual community a big favor (the majority of whom are apathetic to marriage, only a few radicals within the homosexual community actually care about marriage), but the fact is you literally stabbed them in the back. You claim to represent the homosexual community, but like every other 'minority group' you liberals claim to represent (blacks, Hispanics, women, immigrants), you've forsaken what's in their best interest in favor of asserting your super-constitutional power and imposing your Marxist agenda on the public. You've degraded their cause and set them back a number of years.

You know why you've stabbed the homosexual community in the back? Because now, there's going to be a lot of anger and hatred misdirected at the homosexual community when in fact it should be directed towards you. People should direct their anger over yesterday's Prop 8 ruling at the liberal left and the Democrat Party in November, but unfortunately people reeling so much over yesterday's ruling that they're going to misdirect their anger at the homosexual community, maybe even to the point of violence. While I absolutely condemn violence of any sort, if it comes to violence, I'll hold you liberals at least partially responsible seeing as you've provoked the American public to such anger. Like I said, people should take their anger out on the Democrat Party in November, but it's inevitable that they're going to take it out on the homosexual community, and if they do, since you liberals provoked it, the blood is on your hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 01:57 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Actually getting people out to vote for Obama was what got prop 8 passed.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:59 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,167 times
Yes, straight supporters of homosexual marriage are indeed terrified of themselves.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:00 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasUsers View Post
I must admit I didn't read your post. Stopped after the first line. Can't take this much ignorance.. Anyway, it's the same with interacial marriage, slavery etc. The people of a state can not vote to get rid of somebody's basic rights. Period. You think you can understand this? People CAN NOT take your basic rights away. And no, not even by voting.
Exactly many of the arguments those who are against Gay marriage are arguing is the exact same things those against interracial marriage were arguing during the 1960's.

K-Dawg, do you believe the courts were right in stepping in and overturning the bans on interracial marriage even though the majority were in favor of the ban or do you think we should have waited until the majority supported interracial marriage before overturning the ban??

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
I must admit I didn't read your post. Stopped after the first line. Can't take this much ignorance.. Anyway, it's the same with interacial marriage, slavery etc. The people of a state can not vote to get rid of somebody's basic rights. Period. You think you can understand this? People CAN NOT take your basic rights away. And no, not even by voting.
But you allow the state to pass laws to take away the rights of a property owner. Why shouldn't a bar owner be allowed to smoke a cigarette in his own bar?

Why do I need zoning board permission to expand my dining room?

Why do I need to sign a logbook and have my driver's license photocopied just to get some cough medicine?

Also note that the original poster is tacitly justifying violence against homosexuals because people militated in favor of gay marriage somehow provoked such violence..

Old 08-05-2010, 02:01 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Fair and square? LOL.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:02 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
So gays are the same as slaves?

Old 08-05-2010, 02:02 PM

All these people pushing for desegregation are the true enemies of the black community and they're angering the public perhaps to the point of violence. If a bunch of black people are lynched I will hold the Civil Rights Movement at least partially responsible for making people angry with their anti-white policies.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:03 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
So gays are the same as slaves?
In a sense that "other people" are defining their rights rather that the Constitution...yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies