Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I don't care who is president, if you are an American, they are still your president. Yes,for the other side it IS kinda funny. But I would complain too, as a mother. That's not the kind of example I'd want to set for my children. They are the future generation, and many of them are WAY too exposed to violence & crap as it is. A little bit of loyalty to the US in these days of turmoil isn't a bad thing, regardless of your personal political beliefs.
this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 12:45 PM

720 posts, read 691,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I don't care who is president, if you are an American, they are still your president. Yes,for the other side it IS kinda funny. But I would complain too, as a mother. That's not the kind of example I'd want to set for my children. They are the future generation, and many of them are WAY too exposed to violence & crap as it is. A little bit of loyalty to the US in these days of turmoil isn't a bad thing, regardless of your personal political beliefs.

SO well stated....

Old 08-06-2010, 12:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Oh get over it, what is a little dart between friends. Some people are so very sensitive, when it comes to themselves, when on the other foot, it is perfectly acceptable.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:39 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I lol'd.

People've been doing stuff like this since before Bush and Obama.
Funny how people seem to think the world started with Bush..unless they wanna compare Obama to Jimmy Carter

Old 08-06-2010, 08:49 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
Whatever side you're on, if someone is shooting anything at a likeness of your President, be concerned enough to have the proper authorities find out what's going on. I look at it like this. You don't have to like George W. Bush or Barack Obama, but they are dads to people, and if someone was shooting at a likeness of your dad you would want to know what it was all about. They're different because they either have been or are in the public eye? Not to their kids they're not. There has to be a better way to get your frustrations out. I don't care what side you're on, it all comes down to there being too much hatred for people you're never going to know, and that's not a good thing.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
It was shown in the US.
It was shown in the US for 14 days.

Death of a President - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And so what? Does that mean that it was OK to show it and continue to do such things?

Furthermore, many liberals denounced that movie, including Hillary Clinton. To say liberals "loved" that movie, as dockside did, is untrue.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:46 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It was shown in the US for 14 days.

Death of a President - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And so what? Does that mean that it was OK to show it and continue to do such things?

Furthermore, many liberals denounced that movie, including Hillary Clinton. To say liberals "loved" that movie, as dockside did, is untrue.
Just pointing out an error.

Really? you think all those libs that turned red with rage and constantly compared Bush to Hitler didn't love that movie? I really think you're being intellectually dishonest.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:10 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Just pointing out an error.

Really? you think all those libs that turned red with rage and constantly compared Bush to Hitler didn't love that movie? I really think you're being intellectually dishonest.
Those are fighting words, pal.

I suppose people who went to that movie went b/c they wanted to see it. I had never heard of it until it came up here at CD. Perahps it didn't get much press in Denver. And I still say, "so what"? I didn't see the movie, wouldn't have gone to it if it had been showing at my local cineplex; I have never compared Bush or anyone else to Hitler b/c I feel it is inappropriate. I can say it's inappropriate to throw darts at an image of Barack Obama. There are a few RWs on this thread who seem to think this darts game is hilarious.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:38 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,015 times
Quote:
Those are fighting words, pal.

I suppose people who went to that movie went b/c they wanted to see it. I had never heard of it until it came up here at CD. Perahps it didn't get much press in Denver. And I still say, "so what"? I didn't see the movie, wouldn't have gone to it if it had been showing at my local cineplex; I have never compared Bush or anyone else to Hitler b/c I feel it is inappropriate. I can say it's inappropriate to throw darts at an image of Barack Obama. There are a few RWs on this thread who seem to think this darts game is hilarious.
I agree, and what is totally ridiculous is that some of those idiots who think the dart game is perfectly OK are the same ones who pretend to be "offended" by partial birth abortions! Talk about screwed up priorities!

Old 08-07-2010, 01:01 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
To say liberals "loved" that movie, as dockside did, is untrue.
Talk about intellectually dishonest! Libs and the lib media in the NYC area were creaming themselves with joy when this piece of dreck came out.

It was a poorly-made movie, I don't blame liberals for wanting to disown it. Now if Spielberg had done, you libs would be crowing about freedom of speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies