U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-06-2010, 04:25 AM
 
1,544 posts, read 1,853,781 times
Reputation: 276

Advertisements

Medical marijuana is the biggest sham in the history of the USA. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana that has medicinal qualities. And the prescription medicine for this is available from a REAL doctor which you can get from a REAL pharmacy. The name of the prescription medicine is dronabinol or marinol. Dronabinol and marinol are essentially the same as cannabis because they contain THC. If you want the real medical cannabis, Sativex is the real deal and you might be able to get an arrangement to get it shipped to the USA. The Compassionate Use Act with Medical marijuana is the biggest SCAM law that was supported by many potheads who just want a legal gateway to get high. Medical Marijuana is not even regulated so anyone including teens can get a medical marijuana ID card.

Teens at California school getting high on medical marijuana
WBIR.com | Knoxville, TN | Teens at California school getting high on medical marijuana (http://www.wbir.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=43141 - broken link)

Last edited by ShoppingCartLaw; 09-06-2010 at 05:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-06-2010, 06:24 AM
 
3,902 posts, read 3,233,804 times
Reputation: 11139
Pot is and has been a golden goose for law enforcement, the courts, prisons for profit, and many other entities of the state and federal governments, and we all know the bad things that happen when you kill the goose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2010, 08:29 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,988,297 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
The 1980's was the best decade. It was prosperous. People focused on computer technology and frankly, I was in college and saw no drug users. We were all so focused on college and our careers. The future looked so bright when it was the 80s. We were shielded from all the drug crap and dealers or cartels. The DEA did a great job giving us a great quality of life away from the drug dealers and drug users. I never even heard of one known cartel back in the 80s because again the focus was on careers and computers. There were so many job opportunities in the 80s.

Now the decade of 2010 is looking so hopeless. The economy is so bad. Many people are unemployed. Businesses are closing and moving out of California. I would not be surprised if the US dollar crashes. Now, people can't cope, so they dope. The cartels are the most in thing as ever this decade because of the bad economy. Corruption is up. People just want to get stoned with pot, a mind-altering drug. They want easy access to pot and smoke it to make them happy and forget about their problems. But the thing is, their problems are just getting bigger.

I want the 80s again when everything was so prosperous and the future promising but with today's technologies.
You're kidding me right? The 80's saw the single highest increase in cocaine use than any other decade. Every rock star and celebrity was on it. Many of the college kids you are talking about were on it.

Now I don't support cocaine use, but your simple story is bull. Just because you didn't do it, and others excluded you from said activities because you weren't "cool", doesn't prove anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2010, 08:32 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,988,297 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
It's a matter of time before science definitively proves that MJ stunts brain development, specifically myelination.

Heavy Marijuana Use May Damage Developing Brain In Teens, Young Adults

I guess if people want a society of brain damaged people that's fine by me.
"The researchers caution that the study is preliminary and does not demonstrate that marijuana use causes the brain abnormalities. "


From the study posted above.

And, BTW, what is "heavy" usage? They classify that as once a week, and this is only in children, and adults under the age of 21.

After that, there is no effect. So, just like alcohol, it may hurt brain activity at young ages.

So make it illegal until you're 21, just like alcohol? And as I posted before, this study is far from final, and is only preliminary. I graduated college with a 4.0, and I smoked pot for three years daily from the ages of 16 to 19. As well as doing other drugs that were far more harmful to may brain chemistry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2010, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,988,297 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Medical marijuana is the biggest sham in the history of the USA. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana that has medicinal qualities. And the prescription medicine for this is available from a REAL doctor which you can get from a REAL pharmacy. The name of the prescription medicine is dronabinol or marinol. Dronabinol and marinol are essentially the same as cannabis because they contain THC. If you want the real medical cannabis, Sativex is the real deal and you might be able to get an arrangement to get it shipped to the USA. The Compassionate Use Act with Medical marijuana is the biggest SCAM law that was supported by many potheads who just want a legal gateway to get high. Medical Marijuana is not even regulated so anyone including teens can get a medical marijuana ID card.

Teens at California school getting high on medical marijuana
WBIR.com | Knoxville, TN | Teens at California school getting high on medical marijuana (http://www.wbir.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=43141 - broken link)
Actually, the whole plant itself has medicinal properties. For instance, the "marijuana pill" which only contains THC doesn't effect hunger in the same way that smoking the plant, or consuming it does for you. I know this from experience. It also doesn't seem to help my headaches as much.

Lots of studies were have been done on this.

But Marinol is not the same thing as traditional, smokable marijuana. It is a less complex substance lacking both some of the good components found in traditional marijuana (such as cannabidiol, which has been found to have anti-seizure effects) and the bad or not-yet-fully-understood components (among them potential carcinogens) that can also come with the drug.

Ken Trainer, a 60-year-old Massachusetts resident who has battled Multiple Sclerosis for 25 years, said he has long been smoking marijuana to deal with the regular tremors he gets in his arms and legs.

"If I smoke a joint, the tremors go away most times before the joint is gone," he said. "It makes my life a little easier." Marinol, by contrast, "didn't really do much of anything for me," he said.


Does the Pot Pill Work? - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2010, 09:56 AM
 
1,544 posts, read 1,853,781 times
Reputation: 276
Default Sativex

Sativex is also available as a prescription medication. It will be approved in 2013 by the FDA. If the patient wants to be part of the clinical trial then do something useful now instead of feeding the pot addiction.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Actually, the whole plant itself has medicinal properties. For instance, the "marijuana pill" which only contains THC doesn't effect hunger in the same way that smoking the plant, or consuming it does for you. I know this from experience. It also doesn't seem to help my headaches as much.

Lots of studies were have been done on this.

But Marinol is not the same thing as traditional, smokable marijuana. It is a less complex substance lacking both some of the good components found in traditional marijuana (such as cannabidiol, which has been found to have anti-seizure effects) and the bad or not-yet-fully-understood components (among them potential carcinogens) that can also come with the drug.

Ken Trainer, a 60-year-old Massachusetts resident who has battled Multiple Sclerosis for 25 years, said he has long been smoking marijuana to deal with the regular tremors he gets in his arms and legs.

"If I smoke a joint, the tremors go away most times before the joint is gone," he said. "It makes my life a little easier." Marinol, by contrast, "didn't really do much of anything for me," he said.


Does the Pot Pill Work? - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2010, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,988,297 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Sativex is also available as a prescription medication. It will be approved in 2013 by the FDA. If the patient wants to be part of the clinical trial then do something useful now instead of feeding the pot addiction.
So let me get this straight. You have a naturally grown plant, that can be eaten so there is no smoking involved, that does all of these wonderful things, but they are trying to put it in a pill form so they can charge for it, and so they don't have to say "Ok, we were wrong about Marijuana".

Is that the sum of your argument?

Besides, how many drugs have we seen go through FDA approval in the last several years that have proven to

a. Not work as well as it was promised

and

b. Caused more harm than good.

This is now the argument? Really?

Just let people eat cannabis, or make cannabutter out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2010, 11:50 AM
 
4,047 posts, read 4,472,453 times
Reputation: 1326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Medical marijuana is the biggest sham in the history of the USA. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana that has medicinal qualities. And the prescription medicine for this is available from a REAL doctor which you can get from a REAL pharmacy. The name of the prescription medicine is dronabinol or marinol. Dronabinol and marinol are essentially the same as cannabis because they contain THC. If you want the real medical cannabis, Sativex is the real deal and you might be able to get an arrangement to get it shipped to the USA. The Compassionate Use Act with Medical marijuana is the biggest SCAM law that was supported by many potheads who just want a legal gateway to get high. Medical Marijuana is not even regulated so anyone including teens can get a medical marijuana ID card.

Teens at California school getting high on medical marijuana
WBIR.com | Knoxville, TN | Teens at California school getting high on medical marijuana (http://www.wbir.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=43141 - broken link)
No, the biggest sham is taking an easily grown medicinal plant and criminalizing it, so big pharma can package one of the medicinal chemicals in a pill that costs thousands a month when patients could grow it for pennies a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2010, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
844 posts, read 1,117,995 times
Reputation: 1793
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
instead of feeding the pot addiction.
LMFAO You people need to realize that "Reefer Madness" was not a fact filled documentary. I just love these kind of comments, I'm still laughing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2010, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Copiague, NY
1,500 posts, read 2,410,082 times
Reputation: 2393
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Medical marijuana is the biggest sham in the history of the USA. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana that has medicinal qualities. And the prescription medicine for this is available from a REAL doctor which you can get from a REAL pharmacy. The name of the prescription medicine is dronabinol or marinol. Dronabinol and marinol are essentially the same as cannabis because they contain THC. If you want the real medical cannabis, Sativex is the real deal and you might be able to get an arrangement to get it shipped to the USA. The Compassionate Use Act with Medical marijuana is the biggest SCAM law that was supported by many potheads who just want a legal gateway to get high. Medical Marijuana is not even regulated so anyone including teens can get a medical marijuana ID card.

Teens at California school getting high on medical marijuana
WBIR.com | Knoxville, TN | Teens at California school getting high on medical marijuana (http://www.wbir.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=43141 - broken link)
ShoppingCartLaw, Let me see if I read you right.

You decry the issuing of medical marijuana prescriptions, yet highly tout a pill that you say, serves an individual in essentially the same manner.
How have you come to refer to this proposed legalization, of medical marijuana, through the "Compassionate Use Act", as being a legal "gateway"
to getting high, but failed to understand that the FDA itself, is willing to open that gate as long as they can take a percentage of the profits
of this proven psychoactive remedy? Put yourself on record Son, are you for or are you against the effects of using a psychoactive substance,
or are you simply just opposed to the proposition that the end user would have the freedom of choice respective to obtaining the substance?

Often, I read the comments of others who seem to circumvent the greater issue, the matter of our personal freedom vs. those governmentally
usurped rights, the basic premise that there are areas of governance which belong to the individual and not to the governing body. I would also want
to view the entire issue at hand, in light of the sad fact that because of the unwillingness and obstinate failure of our government to deal with the issue
in a timely fashion, we are now dealing with new and greater problems, things like drug lords, cartels and turf wars.

And, your foolish assertion that: "The Compassionate Use Act with Medical marijuana is the biggest SCAM law that was supported by many potheads who just want a legal gateway to get high."
Would almost be an equal distortion to, as some saw the civil rights ammendment of 1964,"the biggest SCAM legislation that was supported by many black people who just wanted a legal gateway to legitimacy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top