Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 05:16 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

First he chases companies out of the country by taking over the companies, scaring the hell out of them with higher taxes, health care which will raise the costs so high the can't hire new employees...

Now he is stating "We will build them stronger"....and cars "Made in America"..

This man never run any business and it shows! Companies will leave the country if taxes be raised and they can make money abroad.

A little too late for Obama to be believable...

Hope and Change meant...lost of jobs as the unemployment numbers will show today.

Geithner tried to be smart to say the unemployment first will go up...just to proof they have it right!

What about the promiss if stimilus was passed unemployment wouldn't go over 8.7%...well we all know it went up way higher..and when the census worker loose their job, unemployment will be even higher and companies are scared to hire....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 05:21 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Right, why don't you take off the blinders and do a little research?

Please do tell us how long Ford's been making cars in Mexico, how long GM's been making cars in Canada, how long Chrysler's used engines made offshore, etc.?

Ain't got a damn thing to do with Obama but I guess your little bash glasses won't allow you to see that.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I think foreign made cars, even if made by "American" automakers should be subject to an import tariff that eliminates the cost differences attributable to labor, environmental and taxes. Then our industries and workers could compete on a level field.

These tariffs should also apply to other manufactured goods as well as intellectual services. We should stop the immigration of low end illegal labor as well as the legal importation of more educated people. Bill Gates and others will whine and cry and scream but they can hire currently unemployed Americans even if they cost more and diminish the sacred profits.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:40 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Please do tell us how long Ford's been making cars in Mexico, how long GM's been making cars in Canada, how long Chrysler's used engines made offshore, etc.?

Ain't got a damn thing to do with Obama but I guess your little bash glasses won't allow you to see that.
Most parts for any hybrid are not made in the USA...too expensive!

Keep you Obama lover shades on...don't whine when you have no job and people like me won't hire you and other unemployed people due to the higher taxes we are facing!

Old 08-06-2010, 05:49 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
There are no more cars "Made In America".

I would bet that 50% of the parts in any American automobile were made in another country, and the per centage would be higher if they could find a way to move the big parts cheaply.

It's been that way since the 80s that I know of.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Keep you Obama lover shades on...don't whine when you have no job and people like me won't hire you and other unemployed people due to the higher taxes we are facing!

So, as I suspected, you're too blinded by your hatred to actually seek some facts, eh?

Many 'American' cars haven't been made in America for decades but that fact might interfere with your little tirade I guess.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:54 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Good point burdell!

Clinton signed NAFTA and was thrilled to do so.

YouTube - ‪President Bill Clinton - Remarks on the Signing of NAFTA‬‎

Good think that loon Ross Perot didn't get elected because then we wouldn't be reaping all the rewards of NAFTA!

Old 08-06-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

I have a job and I wouldn't work for people who whine over meaingless trivia like you.

Last edited by burdell; 08-06-2010 at 06:19 AM..

Old 08-06-2010, 06:06 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
I think all of you have missed the key word in the statement made by 0bama.

The word "America" is an interseting choice, as opposed to, say, U.S.A.

"Made in America" is NAFTA speak, it encompasses all of the "partners" like the U.S.A., Mexico and Canada. Regardless where you reside, the comment can be interpreted by the locals in a favorable light.

I see everyone so far has misconstrued "Made in America", for "Made in the U.S.A."

YC.......

Old 08-06-2010, 06:15 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Good point burdell!

Clinton signed NAFTA and was thrilled to do so.

YouTube - ‪President Bill Clinton - Remarks on the Signing of NAFTA‬‎

Good think that loon Ross Perot didn't get elected because then we wouldn't be reaping all the rewards of NAFTA!
Yea, loss of jobs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies