Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: HOW DID/WOULD YOU VOTE?
YES vote for Obama before and YES vote for Obama now 55 45.08%
YES vote for Obama before and NO vote for Obama now 2 1.64%
NO vote for Obama before and YES vote for Obama now 3 2.46%
NO vote for Obama before and NO vote foe Obama now 62 50.82%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 07:52 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
While, I am very disappointed with Obama. This poll is a little confusing.

Are you asking if we would vote for Obama again if the only other option was McCain?

Or are you asking whether or not we would vote for Obama specifically if given all the other options?

Because, regardless of how I feel about Obama. It is really hard to argue that McCain would have been much different. The only difference is that, if McCain was the president, the anti-war left would still be energized. Right now the anti-war left has been completely immasculated because they are afraid of making their guy look bad. The war-mongering Republicans are actually trying to turn themselves into the anti-war party, and it is pathetic.

McCain still supported a public-option healthcare, he supported the bailouts, he supported(at the time) immigration reform including pushing to give legal citizenship to current illegals, and he definitely wanted the wars to continue possibly indefinitely.

If given another chance at the entire 2008 presidential election. I would have voted exactly the same. I would have voted for Ron Paul in the Republican primary, and if Paul didn't win the Republican primary, then I would have voted Obama in the general election.

Palin really is a super idiot. I seriously don't know how anyone can actually take her seriously. I don't know why she is constantly the spokesman for the Republican party. She certainly doesn't represent the independents at all(which is what the Republicans need to win).

Obama is an idiot, but at least he is a likeable idiot(like Carter), and gives the impression that he is well-informed. Even if he really has no idea what he is doing, and spends too much of his time blaming the Republicans for everything.

I would vote a Dennis Kucinich on the state level, and a Ron Paul on the national level. But that is because I believe that every state is different and unique. And should be allowed to create its own policies as a reflection of the citizens of its own state. And the federal government should stick to its constitutional role. Protecting the national defense of this country, and regulating trade between foreign nations and between the states. And should stay completely out of social engineering through unelected/life-termed activist judges via the unconstitutional 14th amendment.
Agreed and great post! It's refreshing to see there are still intelligent voters out there. Not just an "Us or them" mentality that far too many people follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 07:58 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Exactly my sentiments. If Senator McCain had picked someone else, he probably would have had my vote. I was even excited the first day or two after he chose Ms. Palin (since I had no idea who she was), although my excitment wore away the more I learned about her. Now, 18 months later, I am convinced I did the right thing.

I do feel for Senator McCain. I bet hardly a day goes by that he doesn't think "Oh! Why didn't I choose A or B? Or even C or D? Why did I chose P?"

If he had been younger with no cancer history, maybe I would have ignored the possibility of Ms. Palin becoming president (much like I ignored Mr. Quayle).
I wonder if McCain/the Republic party *knew* about the struggles they'd have in trying to recover the economy and sabotaged themselves??

Old 08-12-2010, 08:07 AM

238 posts, read 668,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
I was on the fence leading up to the last election. What swung my final decision the way it went was when it became clear that one outcome would put that whack-job Sarah Palin a heartbeat away from the Presidency. A more logical VP candidate might have swung me to the right that time around.
I am so totally with you on that one, she is a whack a do

Old 08-12-2010, 08:16 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I wonder if McCain/the Republic party *knew* about the struggles they'd have in trying to recover the economy and sabotaged themselves??
I wouldn't doubt it, McCain did choose Palin,..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies