U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 03:16 PM

531 posts, read 222,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
The cult worshippers of Glen beck and Sarah Palin, the gambling addicted Wall Street fat cats, the die hard Dumbya supporters; then you have the American Idolizing, Paris Hilton lovin', Rush Limbug listenin coach potatoeing, virtual reality addicted American, take your pick.
How much violence has been done in the name of Palin/Limbaugh or Beck? H ow much violence has been done in the name of Muhammad(who was violent himself)? No dancing answer this one directly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 03:26 PM

3,513 posts, read 2,776,956 times
why oh why oh why oh why do people keep feeding the trolls.

he gets off on this, this excites him, seeing 62 replies to his thread.

people never learn.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:32 PM

7,138 posts, read 12,213,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
why oh why oh why oh why do people keep feeding the trolls.

he gets off on this, this excites him, seeing 62 replies to his thread.

people never learn.

What makes one a "troll"? Is a poster a troll because he/she has a different viewpoint or disagrees with another poster? I wonder....

Old 08-09-2010, 03:41 PM

9,974 posts, read 12,764,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Continuing to see "threats" as coming only from dark skinned people is pure old racism, bigotry, xenophobia, intolerance, or ignorance.

Here's my list, in no particular order:

1. Religious extremism, of the home grown variety, i.e., Timothy McVeigh, Operation Rescue, etc.

2. Religious doctrines, being way too quick to judge/exclude others while keeping a closed mind, i.e, much of the religious right.

3. Disregard for science and learning (see #1 & 2 above), rewriting textbooks to remove evolution in favor of fictional creationism. Drooling mobs of 1 & 2 are trying to drag us back to the dark ages, Taliban-style.

4. Hate mongering, i.e, against homosexuals, other religions, other races (see #1 & 2 above). The Southern Baptists and the KKK often were/are one and the same.

5. Lies, spin, and ignorance of facts, as spewed by extreme voices, mostly on the far right, and willingly believed by millions. There is something about human behavior that makes people want to believe awful things about others, and right wing talking heads know it.

6. Greed, as seen in the corporate world, especially Wall Streeters who've ruined the US and world economy. This will only get worse with SCOTUS ruling that corporations can spend unlimited monies on elections, assuring our government is for sale to anyone, here or abroad.

7. Militarism, the USA spends more militarily that ALL nations combined, i.e., we're going broke by our own spending.

8. Consumerism, we're 5% of the global population but we use 25% of global resources, especially fossil fuels. Hand in hand with this goes environmental destruction and climate change from burning all these fuels. We're killing ourselves.

9. Lousy government leadership and short-sighted policies written by/for vested interests (bank, oil and auto lobbies). Numerous examples, but note that this nation still has NO written policy for both energy and transport. Is it any wonder we're so screwed?

10. Failure to understand the biggest threat is from within. Always. See items 1-9 above. No one can beat us but we can beat ourselves, like Rome, falling from within. Rot (crumbling infrastructure). Militarism (stealing the oil of other nations). Greed (taxes are for little people).

Old 08-09-2010, 03:43 PM

I don't necasarelly believe in god but all these left wing atheist's made me realize the importance of religion.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:47 PM

7,138 posts, read 12,213,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
I don't necasarelly believe in god but all these left wing atheist's made me realize the importance of religion.

Or at least a Judeo-Christian value system, upon which our nation is based.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:48 PM

3,513 posts, read 2,776,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
What makes one a "troll"? Is a poster a troll because he/she has a different viewpoint or disagrees with another poster? I wonder....
a troll is someone who knowingly posts something controversial so people will get in a tizzy over it. he purposely incites.

this excites the troll, which makes him do it again and again and again.

the troll can only survive if it has others that feed him. if the troll sees a thread with 4-5 replies he will go away, when he sees his threads grow into this he will post again down the line.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Yes but most religions preach good. The problem is with no god people think they have the right to seize the role of god. People forget that there are powers in the universe greater then man. Then you got a bunch of people who love to worship the golden calf.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:52 PM

31,778 posts, read 21,745,787 times
Quote:
Yay!

Old 08-09-2010, 03:55 PM

7,955 posts, read 8,994,166 times
This is just my 2 cents. The muslims are less of a threat than hispanics because they want to attack from the outside,while hispanics want to attack from within.But I will admit I have heard hispanics say they were taking over on youtube,my only source of info. Why in the world would a group of people want to take back land that was rightfully won in the 19th century(even though the argument is lame because it belongs to the native americans like the navajo tribe). By sheer numbers hispanics outnumber muslims of any race. A large pop of muslims in this country are not middle easterners but black americans who converted in the 1950's.

But then again,it does sound like Beck,Hannity and Limbaugh are trying on purpose to start race wars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies