Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 10:09 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,515,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Are you familiar with statistics? Sampling? Polls? Gallup?

The link that I provided would be a good place to start.

No generalization. Just the facts. Read up.

Nice try. Answer the question. How many blacks have YOU spoken too that supports YOUR claim. Don't fall back on the skewed data provided by these so called polling groups that mean absolutely nothing. I don't get why anyone would follow data that only target less than a quater of actual voters. Still waiting

Old 08-10-2010, 10:09 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,045,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
And you brought Obama into a conversation on Fox News and Black voters.
And what do you mean by "you simply cannot acknowledge that Bush is not President anymore"? How many times do I bring up that guy into a conversation on CD? Not many times. Again, you like to generalize.

And, you made the assumption I blame something on Bush in this thread. I didn't and you couldn't prove it. So stop your assumptions.
There is a direct correlation to Fox News and criticism of Barack Obama. Don't try to ignore that fact. When 88% of the Black population fully support Barack Obama, its plain to see that there's a reason they don't watch Fox News. Taking the President to task is apparently something they'd rather not be a part of.

Regarding Bush: You or 20 million other people, it simply does not matter. When this President is put on the hot seat, the first thing out of your collective mouths is "Bush." You should try to stay away from that particular rebuttal. It gets old.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:10 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,816,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
How do you know. Million of blacks in the U.S, how long has it taken you to speak to all of us? There goes that ignorant bias on the generalization train again.
It's called polling.

Now go ahead and try to claim that an overwhelming majority (greater than 90%) of blacks DONT approve of Obama's job thus far. Please try.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:12 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,424,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLydon View Post
Less than 2% of the KKK and the Tea Party is Black, so what? What is your point? Why bring race into it?
Are you really comparing FOX News to the KKK? I can understand the comparison to the Tea Party, but the KKK? Really?

And no one is "bringing race into it" - race, as shown by the title thread, is the whole point.

Most people tend to read/listen to/watch those news outlets that either (1) tend to reinforce already held views, or (2) present different views in a factual manner, or (3) present objective reporting of events. It is not surprising that, for example, far more conservatives watch FOX News than watch MSNBC, or that far fewer blacks watch FOX News than MSNBC.

Simply put, if roughly the same percentage of both CNN and MSNBC viewers are black, while the percentage of black viewers of FOX News is extremely small in comparison, it seems to me that there is little presented by FOX News that has any appeal for the overwhelming majority of blacks.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Nice try. Answer the question. How many blacks have YOU spoken too that supports YOUR claim. Don't fall back on the skewed data provided by these so called polling groups that mean absolutely nothing. I don't get why anyone would follow data that only target less than a quater of actual voters. Still waiting
Ahh.....Ok. I get it. Gallup simply means nothing huh?

If you're calling into question statistical sampling, then I have nothing further to say to you. You'd rather rely on antecdotes in order to suit your Agenda than a more quantifiable method . I'll have no part of that. Go find someone else who likes to play on that rung of the totem pole. I'll stay up here and enjoy the facts.

But i'd implore you to first read up on "statistical sampling." You may just find yourself surprised at how accurate it tends to be.

PS..if it makes you feel better, EVERY single black person in my office has a picture of Barack Obama on his/her desk. Coincidence? Not a chance. But hey, you wanted antecdotal evidence, so here you go.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
It's called polling.

Now go ahead and try to claim that an overwhelming majority (greater than 90%) of blacks DONT approve of Obama's job thus far. Please try.

So you would like me to do what you and other posters on this thread have done and that is to LIE and claim that I've spoken to an entire race of people, sorry not liar. But if thats how you make yourself appear as if your the authority on information, Go Right ahead.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Ahh.....Ok. I get it. Gallup simply means nothing huh?

If you're calling into question statistical sampling, then I have nothing further to say to you. You'd rather rely on antecdotes in order to suit your Agenda than a more quantifiable method . I'll have no part of that. Go find someone else who likes to play on that rung of the totem pole. I'll stay up here and enjoy the facts.

But i'd implore you to first read up on "statistical sampling." You may just find yourself surprised at how accurate it tends to be.

You got it, thats exactly what I'm saying. Gallup and these other polling means nothing. The only polls that matter are the voting polls. Nice spin as usual and failed as usual. You made a claim that YOU can not back up. Again, millions of voters in the U.S how many have YOU spoken too that covers that 88%?

I see you've edit your response to include pictures in your office as sometime of validation of millions of Blacks in the U.S. So this is suppose to represent the 88%? lol, hilarious.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
You got it, thats exactly what I'm saying. Gallup and these other polling means nothing. The only polls that matter are the voting polls. Nice spin as usual and failed as usual. You made a claim that YOU can not back up. Again, millions of voters in the U.S how many have YOU spoken too that covers that 88%?
Why do you think statistical sampling was created in the first place? Because its not possible to talk to every person. That's the whole purpose for it. To hear you question this method is not even mindboggling, its just downright humorous.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:

I see you've edit your response to include pictures in your office as sometime of validation of millions of Blacks in the U.S. So this is suppose to represent the 88%? lol, hilarious.
I was merely pointing out the idiocy of your anecdotal challenge. It seems we're making progress. Are you ready to concede that statistical sampling is the better method? Yes or no?

Old 08-10-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Why do you think statistical sampling was created in the first place? Because its not possible to talk to every person. That's the whole purpose for it. To hear you question this method is not even mindboggling, its just downright humorous.

I'm very familiar with statistical data, typical moving on to the condoscending comments to negate the fact that YOU inserted YOUR OWN so called data points and comments that YOU have YET to back up. Spin spin spin, very common for you.
Just say that was YOUR assumption without ANY FACTS instead of attempting to fall back on GALLUP. You have yet to provide the % of Blacks that have voted for every democratic President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies