Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:51 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
The Roaring Twenties ! Oh yes the syphilis and gonnerea crowd 'spell'. Back alley abortions and speak easy alchohol . Burlesque with Gypsy Rose Lee , mafia and crime what a wild and crazy time . Didn't end to well now did it ?

Thats what brought us to the depression, maybe ww11 where hitler and the left over Otterman muslims were at it again to genecide a people .

Difference is back then we could still survive because we could grow food, drink from wels and live without electricity , many did ,some never had it . Today we go to grocery store , would die if AC went off and freeze without heat .

I really don't see how the heck you are connecting greedy capitalists taking advantage of loopholes to make money and taking down the market to syphillis and ghonnorea.

And agricultural living was on a STEEP decline in the 20s so your last paragraph is mere nostalgia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 07:52 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I've only (barely) gotten through page one.

I am a child of the 80s/90s. As a married woman with two children, I often look back on my own childhood with nostalgia and love. It's the nature of the beast. We all think that our generation was the one who had it right.

I think with great freedom comes great risks, great opportunity and great responsibility. But that's ok and that is what the entire human race should strive for. I was a single mother to my older son from about 2 months of pregnancy til I met my husband when my son was 2 years old. I got a lot of dirty looks, backward glances and nasty looks from a lot of people --- almost ALL of them were at least a generation older than me. Why? Because I used a food stamp card and I dressed nicely. Know why? Because I worked full time and yet, still did not earn enough to support a child by myself.

You don't have to agree with my choices. I don't have to agree with yours. But, bottom line, we are all, by birthright, entitled to make decisions for our own lives that should not be subject to others' rules.

I can go on and on about this, but if you want autonomy over your life and your body, then mister, you better afford me the same.

What a shame . if you were living in the 50s your ex would be supporting both of you or on a chain gang somewhere busting rock instead of still breeding while other men feed his kids .

We use to have way too much pride to beg for food or anything else from others, except familiy , but then they have destroyed the family unit that kept us strong .

Old 08-10-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
What a shame . if you were living in the 50s your ex would be supporting both of you or on a chain gang somewhere busting rock instead of still breeding while other men feed his kids .

We use to have way too much pride to beg for food or anything else from others, except familiy , but then they have destroyed the family unit that kept us strong .

Funny thing is? My ex learned this from HIS father. Who was born and raised in the 30s/40s.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:55 PM

And I don't need ANYONE to support me, except me. I take full responsibility for my choices as a result of my freedom.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:56 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,049,701 times
Quote:
When my kids were in school it was more about academics, now it's more about agendas and brainwashing.
Okay, this statement gets my ire up, because I have volunteered many, many hours in my kids' schools. Let me assure you that what is being required of my children academically far exceeds what was asked of me when I was their age. You need to get your head out the inflammatory bunk that masquerades as news today and spend some time in a public school. You might be surprised at how demanding the modern curriculum really is.

Quote:
The Roaring Twenties ! Oh yes the syphilis and gonnerea crowd 'spell'. Back alley abortions and speak easy alchohol . Burlesque with Gypsy Rose Lee , mafia and crime what a wild and crazy time . Didn't end to well now did it ?

Thats what brought us to the depression, maybe ww11 where hitler and the left over Otterman muslims were at it again to genecide a people .

Difference is back then we could still survive because we could grow food, drink from wels and live without electricity , many did ,some never had it . Today we go to grocery store , would die if AC went off and freeze without heat .
Let me note that the egregious grammatical and spelling errors in this post do not give me any confidence in your ability to judge the rigor of today's academic requirements.

Last edited by formercalifornian; 08-10-2010 at 08:05 PM..

Old 08-10-2010, 07:59 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
My neighborhood is irrelevant (and it's certainly not utopia), but I brought it up because I'm trying to make the point that one neighborhood does not a nation make. It's obvious that you are feeling futility in the face of your specific community's and family's struggles, and I am truly sorry about that; however, it's important to remember that we are a huge country and that your experience isn't universal. There are great kids being raised in communities all over the nation, and it's because of them that I feel positive about the future.

I'm pleased to read of your defense of a black child in an era of minority abuse. I wish more people were willing to put themselves on the line for the minorities who now find themselves abused, like the Hispanic, LGBT, and Muslim communities.

I was defending someone worthy of defense ,not some criminal or pervert . I don't know of any American lationo who gets abused, matter of fact it's opposite some get too much for nothing . Others just do like everyone else and try to live and don't breed if they can't feed . Far as homsexuals go they don't want to be critisized let them keep their agendas away from our kids . Only good thing the muslims will do when they take over the fools in this nation is run the homosexuals back into the closets . But they will do even worse to the women and female kids so we lose anyway .

LOL, I just made me another quote , Don't breed if you can't feed !

Old 08-10-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I was defending someone worthy of defense ,not some criminal or pervert . I don't know of any American lationo who gets abused, matter of fact it's opposite some get too much for nothing . Others just do like everyone else and try to live and don't breed if they can't feed . Far as homsexuals go they don't want to be critisized let them keep their agendas away from our kids . Only good thing the muslims will do when they take over the fools in this nation is run the homosexuals back into the closets . But they will do even worse to the women and female kids so we lose anyway .

LOL, I just made me another quote , Don't breed if you can't feed !

Yeahhhhh....sorry but I cannot or will not ever condone this line of thought. It makes me want to throw up.

Absolutely disgusting. And TOTALLY anathema to Christianity.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:07 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The differance then was even the devients kept their perversions behind closed doors or in the dark alleys. Now we have the perverts, degenerates, demented and devient mainstreaming their sickness in the public and the schools.

Self respect and decency is under an all-out assult.
dcsldcd !!! .. Precisely Right !

Unfortunately for America many of these sick moronic degenerates, acute perverts, and mental midgets have wormed their way into positions of political power where they are now inflicting tremendous destructive havoc upon this nation !!!

These pathetic misfits are directly responsible for the vast majority of the negative cultural shift which has taken place in this nation for the last 25 years !

May We Rebuild America's House ... & Very Soon !!!

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 08-10-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
dcsldcd !!! .. Precisely Right !

Unfortunately for America many of these sick moronic degenerates, acute perverts, and mental midgets have wormed their way into positions of political power where they are now inflicting tremendous destructive havoc upon this nation !!!

These pathetic misfits are directly responsible for the vast majority of the negative cultural shift which has taken place in this nation for the last 25 years !

May We Rebuild America's House ... & Very Soon !!!

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Mhm. Yes, sir.

Care to elaborate on these "sick moronic degenerates"? "Acute perverts"? "Mental midgets"?

I am on pins and needles awaiting your reply.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
LO, don't say I didn't warn you when they get to your little utopia hood . And I did plenty to stop reversal of civilization . Not only now but I stuck out my nect as young as a kid to fight bad people . Once jumped off a concrete wall onto a little brat who threw rocks at a black kid and I was a girl then , too many Annie Oakly and Calamity Jane films I guess .

And I try to reach my grandkids but some of them are too far gone to listen . How do I tell a 19 or 24 yr,. old all the peers and teachers are wrong and I'm right ? I just have to sit back and watch them get hurt , one with VD another with prescription drug to live in the lifestyle she is told is normal . If you have to say doped up to live somethign is wrong [ not talking about peopel with pysical handicaps] .
I would suggest you not even try, b/c you are incorrect that "all" of any group is wrong. Why blame their problems on their peers and teachers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies