Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 08:09 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times

Advertisements

Except when it is being used to defend the 6000-year age of the Earth or attack Copernicus.

The theory of relativity is a mathematical system that allows no exceptions. It is heavily promoted by liberals who like its encouragement of relativism and its tendency to mislead people in how they view the world.[1] Here is a list of 24 counterexamples: any one of them shows that the theory is incorrect.

Conservapedia: The theory of relativity is a liberal plot « Climate Progress

Yes, there is a war on brains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 08:13 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Except when it is being used to defend the 6000-year age of the Earth or attack Copernicus.

The theory of relativity is a mathematical system that allows no exceptions. It is heavily promoted by liberals who like its encouragement of relativism and its tendency to mislead people in how they view the world.[1] Here is a list of 24 counterexamples: any one of them shows that the theory is incorrect.

Conservapedia: The theory of relativity is a liberal plot « Climate Progress

Yes, there is a war on brains.
Just because one group decides to embrace a certain mindset about a specific topic does not mean that said group is unintelligent. I am certain you have a theory about a topic that I would consider completely wrong, but I would not assume you were unintelligent just because I disagreed with you.

This is America, everyone is allowed to have their own opinions, and guess what, they don't need permission from anyone else (at least not yet).

Old 08-10-2010, 08:15 PM

571 posts, read 943,412 times
I love their page on Ayn Rand. It basically says "Yeah, she had good economic theories BUT SHE AND HER FOLLOWERS SUPPORT GAY PEOPLE THATS BAD LOOK HERE'S A LINK TO SHOW HOW BAD IT IS BECAUSE ITS TERRIBLE AND AYN RAND IS BURNING IN HELL AND ALL GAY PEOPLE WILL JOIN HER BTW WE HATE GAY PEOPLE DIDN'T YOU HEAR HOW BAD THEY ARE HERE'S ANOTHER LINK.

RAHHHHHH

oh yeah she supports minimal government and stuff."

Like EVERY page on there goes back to how awful gay people, atheists, or Democrats are.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Just because one group decides to embrace a certain mindset about a specific topic does not mean that said group is unintelligent. I am certain you have a theory about a topic that I would consider completely wrong, but I would not assume you were unintelligent just because I disagreed with you.

This is America, everyone is allowed to have their own opinions, and guess what, they don't need permission from anyone else (at least not yet).
I never said that they were not entitled to an opinion, just as my opinion is that they are waging a war on brains. BTW...informed opinions are the credible ones.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:07 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Just because one group decides to embrace a certain mindset about a specific topic does not mean that said group is unintelligent.
Well of course it doesn't when we are discussing unnamed "mindsets" and unspecified "specific topics" but we aren't talking discussing either now are we?

Quote:
I am certain you have a theory about a topic that I would consider completely wrong, but I would not assume you were unintelligent just because I disagreed with you.
Again that is a true statement as long as we are using the colloquial definition of theory. However, if we are discussing a scientific theory, in this case the Theory of Relativity, and your challenges are based upon political ideology and not the problems presented by quantum mechanics, then regardless of where one stands on political issue you would be on fairly safe ground by stating that such disagreements are based upon gross stupidity.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:16 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,053,112 times
Conservapedia is always good for a laugh. They are so insane and idiotic, the only thing that would make it better is a clown suit.

The sad thing is the same guy who runs it is writing the conservative bible.

What can you say for a guy who was born to a woman crusading against womens rights.

Shines a light on the paragons of conservative thought....

Old 08-11-2010, 12:17 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,317,131 times
Conservapedia is just a raving loon site which even most conservatives don't take seriously. It's practically clownish but always good for a laugh.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:19 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
I love their page on Ayn Rand. It basically says "Yeah, she had good economic theories BUT SHE AND HER FOLLOWERS SUPPORT GAY PEOPLE THATS BAD LOOK HERE'S A LINK TO SHOW HOW BAD IT IS BECAUSE ITS TERRIBLE AND AYN RAND IS BURNING IN HELL AND ALL GAY PEOPLE WILL JOIN HER BTW WE HATE GAY PEOPLE DIDN'T YOU HEAR HOW BAD THEY ARE HERE'S ANOTHER LINK.

RAHHHHHH

oh yeah she supports minimal government and stuff."

Like EVERY page on there goes back to how awful gay people, atheists, or Democrats are.
LOL
They've moved from the 'southern strategy' to the 'gay strategy'

Old 08-11-2010, 12:23 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
I LOOOOVE Conservapedia!

That site is so far gone into nutso land that it's both sad AND comical.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:28 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,536 times
Quote:
Just because one group decides to embrace a certain mindset about a specific topic does not mean that said group is unintelligent. I am certain you have a theory about a topic that I would consider completely wrong, but I would not assume you were unintelligent just because I disagreed with you.).
No, it could just be willful disregard of massive evidence. And this isn't a case of differing opinions - portraying Young-Eaerthism as 'just a different opinion' than... well, geology, cosmology, biology, etc., is like claiming alchemy is just an 'alternative opinion' to modern chemistry.

Quote:

It never fails - point out how loopy something is, and someone starts whining and acting like criticism is a violating of constitutional rights (and then they put on the tinfoil hat and add the 'yet').

Such drama!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies