Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
You keep forgetting about George Bush Jr. Not only was he arguably the DUMBEST S.O.B ever to reside at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. He and his cronies lied to the world to start of war of choice in Iraq. And He presided over the biggest economic meltdown sense the Great Depression.

At least we have a President on the White House that has the respect of the international community again and he knows how to pronoune nuclear.
Have you been reading the UK press lately? They are stomping Obama. I'm not sure the emotion of the international community is "respect."

FREEDOM EDEN: Leno: Obama Bows to Burger King
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 08:42 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,536 times
This poll says that Andrew Johnson is the worst...

http://www.siena.edu/uploadedfiles/h...20Category.pdf

Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Have you been reading the UK press lately? They are stomping Obama. I'm not sure the emotion of the international community is "respect."

FREEDOM EDEN: Leno: Obama Bows to Burger King
Nobel Peace Prizes: Obama 1, George Bush 0!

Which is nothing compared to the public protest against George Bush Jr. during is term as President in major European cities, including burning him in effigy.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:34 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:

Which is nothing compared to the public protest against George Bush Jr. during is term as President in major European cities, including burning him in effigy.
OK, I admit it. George was not loved in major European cities. I didn't like him, either. But I'm not sure why we should put a lot of credit in what Europeans think. European living standards are 30% lower than ours, unemployment is chronically high, and economic stagnation over the past 20 years has led to desperate problems. Did you know that French unemployment never got as low as 9% from 2000 to 2008, while America's never got that high?

By the way, have you ever seen the list of all Nobel Peace Prize winners over the last 30 years? There is some seriously misguided thinking there. Paul Krugman won the Nobel for economics, for gosh sakes, and he is a petty partisan hack.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:26 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
And now, like so many other "Family Values" republicans, the skeletons start to come out of his closet. Lied about a previous position where he was not quite as lily-white as he claims to be.

Quayle's bump on road to Congress - Kasie Hunt and Scott Wong - POLITICO.com

Typical hypocritical wingnut. Less qualified for congress than his father was for the vice presidency.
They had Quayle on CNN today and he was just horrible with regard to his lying about that website. They asked him point blank about his involvement with that website and he lied again and contradicted what he said just a few days ago. I was utterly shocked. John King asked him about his involvement with that website and he said he had no involvement with that site and lied and tried to insinuate that his involvement was with a completely different website. FYI....Dirty Scottsdale became the Dirty. It's the same site but now it includes other cities besides Scottsdale.

I don't like Obama but there is a way to express your opinions more intelligently. It would be one thing to state that Obama has done a poor job thus far but how does a 33 yr old with no record of public service claim that a person who has only been in office for 2 years is the worst President of all time.

Anyway, Ben Quayle is a huge joke in Arizona. He only moved here 2 years ago to run for office. He has no ties to the state and has never served in public office. His daddy is trying to buy him his first congressional seat.

And before someone says "Hillary did the same thing" Okay well maybe she did but it doesn't take anything away from Ben Quayle's situation.

It's quite frankly a joke this kid is even running and then he makes it harder on himself by lying about his involvement with a website and then he makes a painfully embarrassing commercial in which he can't complete a sentence without pausing and giving a dumb stare. That commercial was so awkward that I was uncomfortable watching it.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:07 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times
News update,

Like father, like son? Quayle stumbles in Arizona

PHOENIX – Seems like old times — Jay Leno cracking Quayle jokes on late night. But now the rising target of comics is Ben Quayle, son of the gaffe-prone former vice president, who is committing doozies of his own in his campaign for Congress.

Like father, like son? Quayle stumbles in Arizona - Yahoo! News

Old 08-20-2010, 11:25 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
FOFL - the first couple of times I saw that ad, it was during a comedy I was watching. I thought it was a spoof. It looks like it's right out of Saturday Night Live or MAD Magazine. I like the "dip"... what's that about? He looks stoned out of his mind. Who cares what he says in the ad? He moved to Arizona to run here. He hasn't lived in AZ that long. Oh, it's good to have some comic relief during the elections. He's very taken with his looks, and he talks slowly like he's being sexy or something.
Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG08n...eature=related

Old 08-21-2010, 07:51 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Thanks for the laughs, that guy is dumber than a box of rocks!
He'll likely get elected in Arizona because of it too!

hey, if the democraps can get one elected president, maybe the Republicans can squeeze one into the house

Old 08-21-2010, 07:54 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
Quote:

I have some really bad news for you.
Bush isnt President anymore.
Bush cannot run for President anymore.

Time for you cool-aid drinkers to move on and accept the fact, your Idiot in chief is responsible now for EVERYTHING he's destroying.

btw, roll over and ask your "Lover in chief" when he's gonna close Gitmo

Old 08-21-2010, 12:41 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Can he spell potato?
You beat me to it so I'll just say Quayle jr. is just acting like a common tator

To think Quayle's contribution to modern politics was not being able to spell and having discussions about
family values with a fictitious TV character Oh, I can't
wait to see what his son has to offer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies