Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:05 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Well at least he picked a real, live person to denigrate instead of a sitcom character.

Dan Quayle vs. Murphy Brown - TIME

Dan Quayle was right then and Bill is right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 09:07 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,712,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Yeah, it's much better to have some redneck couple slap their kid around, while forcing the child to believe in religious fairy tales..
Well, I'm pleased to see such a liberal-minded, thoughtful, non-judgemental comment. So, how are things on Mt. Olympus?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:16 AM

267 posts, read 806,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
single mothers, homosexual marriage, the schools, TV, OMG we're ruining society!!!
why can't we just go back to the days where women stayed in abusive relationships and put makup on their bruises, and homosexuals stayed in the closet and married, the schools followed church teachings, tv was leave it to beaver, and everything improper was swept under the rug as if it didn't exist?? LETS have those days again...

you can't legislate morality.. but you can talk sh*t about people and what they do.. unfortunately today nobody cares what your self righteous opinion is anymore...
LOL. Leave it to a silly liberal to equate O'Reilly's comment to him wanting women to be beaten while staying in abusive relationships. There is no one saying anything like that. The reality is, to anyone who doesn't spend their days, fingers on a keyboard, just waiting to slam FOX analysts on last night's shows, is that less than one percent of all single mothers are in a financial position like Jennifer Aniston. Most, unfortunately, must make a decision to either exist on public/family assistance so they can spend time with their kids, or work one, sometimes two jobs while someone else is raising their children.

Are there exceptions? Of course. But those exceptions are not the majority. I didn't see the show, and we have only the whole TWO quotes from this gripping (LOL) article from THR, but the idea that single parenthood is a less than optimal situation is of course real and true. Having a silly hump like Aniston telling the young women of the country that there is nothing wrong with single motherhood is not responsible in any way, and a perfect example of some rich twit being completely disconnected from the reality of the common person.

I guess it's lucky for her though, that there are a bunch of people like you to support her ridiculous drivel....

Old 08-12-2010, 09:17 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
He was not the only one, doing this, it was all over the news that day, and discussions on how wrong she was, what's the big deal, he is also entitled to his opinion. Perhaps in her situation she does not need a Man, not all teens, or women, are as well off as she. Just maybe it sends the wrong information, to teens who are weak, looking for reasons to become pregnant without a Father figure to raise the child.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:19 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Default Poor Bill.

He's really had a hard time getting back in the spotlight after Glenn Beck decided to crank the crazy up to 11. So now he's reduced to trying for a bit of Jennifer Aniston's reflected fame? He'll be doing reality TV next.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:29 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well said. anniston is just the spokesperson for the movement, just like when dan quayle excoriated the show murphy brown for the same thing. we really need to support the nuclear family where there are two parents, one mother, one father, to raise children properly.
Are you saying my child isn't being raised properly b/c mom and dad don't live in the same house? I find that very offensive. My child is more well behaved than those who don't come from "broken families." He's also extremely smart - got to start Kindergarten a year and a half early. So, how is he suffering??

Old 08-12-2010, 09:33 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
single mothers, homosexual marriage, the schools, TV, OMG we're ruining society!!!
why can't we just go back to the days where women stayed in abusive relationships and put makup on their bruises, and homosexuals stayed in the closet and married, the schools followed church teachings, tv was leave it to beaver, and everything improper was swept under the rug as if it didn't exist?? LETS have those days again...

you can't legislate morality.. but you can talk sh*t about people and what they do.. unfortunately today nobody cares what your self righteous opinion is anymore...

meeoooow

Children need guidance. Too many homes have both parents working in order to make ends meet. It is too bad our economic conditions here are getting worse as that makes it harder for families to have 1 stay at home parent. At least the internet revolution has allowed some to work from home.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:35 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Are you saying my child isn't being raised properly b/c mom and dad don't live in the same house? I find that very offensive. My child is more well behaved than those who don't come from "broken families." He's also extremely smart - got to start Kindergarten a year and a half early. So, how is he suffering??
Always nice to hear a positive. Good for you and your family. (this issue isn't about you)

Old 08-12-2010, 09:39 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
meeoooow

Children need guidance. Too many homes have both parents working in order to make ends meet. It is too bad our economic conditions here are getting worse as that makes it harder for families to have 1 stay at home parent. At least the internet revolution has allowed some to work from home.
From experience (from when I was little) and observing (friends and family) I think that if mom stays at home all day the kids respect her less. How sad is that? I couldn't tolerate my son disrespecting me. I would go postal.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:40 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
An accurate thread title would have stated: O'Reilly attacks the glamorization of single motherhood as destructive to society.

Yes it would....the OP obviously leans left on this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies