Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 12:59 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times

Advertisements

[quote=SilverOne;15452902] What Made America Great Is Now Killing Her!
zerohedge.com

Guest Post: What Made America Great Is Now Killing Her!
By Tyler Durden

Created 08/12/2010 - 20:58

Submitted by Gordon T. Long [1]

What made America great is now Killing her!

What made America great was her unsurpassed ability to innovate. Equally important was also her ability to rapidly adapt to the change that [2]this innovation fostered. For decades the combination has been a self reinforcing growth dynamic with innovation offering a continuously improving standard of living and higher corporate productivity levels, which the US quickly embraced and adapted to. This in turn financed further innovation. No country in the world could match the American culture that flourished on technology advancements in all areas of human endeavor. However, something serious and major has changed across America. Daily, more and more are becoming acutely aware of this, but few grasp exactly what it is. It is called Creative Destruction.

It turns out that what made America great is now killing her!

Our political leaders are presently addressing what they perceive as an intractable cyclical recovery problem when in fact it is a structural problem that is secular in nature. Like generals fighting the last war with outdated perceptions, we face a new and daunting challenge. A challenge that needs to be addressed with the urgency and scope of a Marshall plan that saved Europe from the ravages of a different type of destruction. We need a modern US centric Marshall plan focused on growth, but orders of magnitude larger than the one in the 1940’s. A plan even more brash than Kennedy’s plan in the 60’s to put a man of the moon by the end of the decade. America needs to again think and act boldly. First however, we need to see the enemy. As the great philosopher Pogo said: “I saw the enemy and it was I”.

THE PROBLEM IS NOT CYCLICAL, IT IS SECULAR.

Long article rest is at website....

Guest Post: What Made America Great Is Now Killing Her! | zero hedge

thank you for factual info. The facts have been happening a long time now, watch neocons start blaming Obama, instead of the Goldman Sachs powers that be/were...which seems to be what the media wants to project anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 01:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Bascailly we are facing a more compoetitive world economically with fewewrer wantig to take the risk or to fac the fact that a peasnt i many countries now has the facities to make what our father di and that we needed to move beyong that in genral skills. Adaption and struggle is always the key to prosperity i any society. once you quite taking the opportunties presented and no long want to struggle ;you headed to the bottom of the pile.Look at the bascai facts its easy to see that more and more are becoming a depednent class i thsi coutry and wanting more and more to still stay at in middle. But the real requirement to stay i the miidle have alwqays been rising and evy downtur rerveals what is really not need or valued anymore. It has meant that those that can adapt move up and those that can't move down.There are no guarantees in life and never have been.Lie is always a struggle to survive at the basic level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies