Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 12:29 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No, liberals have other ways of saying n*gger. Reid and Biden can tell you all about it.
why don't you just tell us how they say it? I've never heard either one of them say that word. This incredibly evil white woman just threw the n-word back at this caller multiple times to make the caller feel like she was idiot to be so "hypersensitive". The caller said that the neighbors ask these dumb questions of her EVERY time that they come over. Wouldn't that become a little tiresome after the first few times? Schless then proceeded to pull out the Obama card, which is a pavlovian response from her listening to too much limbaugh & beck.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:29 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,546 times
Perhaps, laura is exhibiting signs of early stage dementia.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:03 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Something that I think is lost in translation is that when we listen to music or see comedians on HBO we seeing individuals who are being paid to say that word. Black and White people who parrot those idiots on the radio and TV are bigger idiots to lower themselves for free. Please Lura, don't grab your crotch on national TV I'll get sick if I see that.

I can see record execs and studio moguls sitting around in board meetings reviewing aspiring young African American artist,

" I don't think it will sell to the urban market, its not N-ish enough"

"Yes! if we can N-it up more we'll have a winner"

I think black people who use that word in public are tom's because that image is the new stereotype.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 08-14-2010 at 09:33 AM..

Old 08-14-2010, 09:44 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Hypocritical Liberal Progressive P-I-G's have no problem screaming racist insensitivity when the word ****** is used by a white woman on the radio to describe Black hoodlum culture. However have no problem rubbing salt into the wounds of 911 victims by building a mosque/cultural center at ground zero. Sick Sick people these liberal freaks.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:46 AM

472 posts, read 854,694 times
Dr. Laura was just explaining the double standard to the caller and the caller didn't like the truth in what was being said.

Nothing racist about it. Period.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:47 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Hypocritical Liberal Progressive P-I-G's have no problem screaming racist insensitivity when the word ****** is used by a white woman on the radio to describe Black hoodlum culture. However have no problem rubbing salt into the wounds of 911 victims by building a mosque/cultural center at ground zero. Sick Sick people these liberal freaks.

Actually, it's your post that is sick, and it displays the same ignorance, racism and lack of sensitivity that Dr. Laura did.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:50 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
I dont know. I'm kinda torn with this. Yeah, i agree that I dont like us using the "N" word. Heck, I dont really use it unless I feel someone is acting that part. But at the same time, it's like the way I look at it is like there was black bathrooms and white bathrooms. We knew the rules and they did too. Whenever we overstepped the boundaries, we got beat for it. Yeah things changed, but there is STILL that underhidden line where you know the rules to certain things and they do too. Why cant they just say, "Hey, if it's gonna cause all this trouble, then I just won't use the "N" word"? Why do they keep trying to overstep their boundaries in hope that they will change things? They always feel that they have the right to do whatever and others just have to accept it, even when they try to force their views on others. History dictates that.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:09 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm2010 View Post
Dr. Laura was just explaining the double standard to the caller and the caller didn't like the truth in what was being said.

Nothing racist about it. Period.
Exactly. I cant believe they are still keeping this thread alive with their silly baseless, hypocritical arguments.

Theres been plenty said that shouldve shut the liberals up about this already, but common sense, truth, and reality go right over their heads

Old 08-14-2010, 10:12 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Exactly. I cant believe they are still keeping this thread alive with their silly baseless, hypocritical arguments.
Yep. Its pathetic. Nothing worse than fools who try to make everything a race issue.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:14 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I read it. Maybe you could quote it and make your case?

Make your case then. You should easily be able to quote each time she used it and explain to us how it is wrong to use it in that manner. Please, show us.

Ah yes, and yet how is it wrong to say it over and over to point out how it is used excessively? If someone uses a word excessively and then I say the word by explaining " And they say blah blah blah blah, over and over", explain how I am being derogatory? Go ahead, use examples, give us the rules. I mean, I was unaware of the rules and conduct of the word. Maybe you could enlighten us?

And the incorrect assumption of people like you is that we care that you are ok with it. It is not a word owned by anyone. It is simply a word. When used by those who inflect hateful intent, it is a bad word. When used by those who are discussing a topic concerning it, it is simply an academic reference. Only ignorant people and hateful people would take offense to such use.

The caller was an idiot. Objecting to the most vague mention by another on a culture they may have not been familiar with. Rather than treating such as simple ignorance, like a complete idiot, she was offended. You can't avoid offending stupid people like this. Stupid gets offended by the drop of a pin. This is why they are so stupid.

And here the real reason comes out. You don't like her views and I bet your were filled with great excitement when you saw her PC slip up so you could unload.

You aren't fooling anyone. We know why you are upset and riding the back of "blacks" is a very convenient road for you.

/golfclap
Game. Set. Match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies