Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 06:24 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Political correctness in anything other than perhaps a dress code for corporate business needs to be stamped out with a vengence.
And that's the proverbial bottom line!

By the way, I'm sure there's at least a generation of people who don't remember Dick Gregory. He wrote an autobiography titled N*gger. And he explained that from then on, anyone who used the word was advertising his book.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:48 AM

472 posts, read 854,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I dont know. I'm kinda torn with this. Yeah, i agree that I dont like us using the "N" word. Heck, I dont really use it unless I feel someone is acting that part. But at the same time, it's like the way I look at it is like there was black bathrooms and white bathrooms. We knew the rules and they did too. Whenever we overstepped the boundaries, we got beat for it. Yeah things changed, but there is STILL that underhidden line where you know the rules to certain things and they do too. Why cant they just say, "Hey, if it's gonna cause all this trouble, then I just won't use the "N" word"? Why do they keep trying to overstep their boundaries in hope that they will change things? They always feel that they have the right to do whatever and others just have to accept it, even when they try to force their views on others. History dictates that.

So by your logic, a white person that says the N word is overstepping their boundaries? And, as presented in the Dr. Laura issue, white people get beat up for it.

So, pray tell, what was all the civil rights movement for? Equal rights? Because, if all is equal, a person of any color, should be able to use the word (not that it's right), but still, you see what I'm saying....

So I guess it's okay for blacks to exercise their rights, but not a white person?

Old 08-16-2010, 06:56 AM

720 posts, read 691,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm2010 View Post
So by your logic, a white person that says the N word is overstepping their boundaries? And, as presented in the Dr. Laura issue, white people get beat up for it.

So, pray tell, what was all the civil rights movement for? Equal rights? Because, if all is equal, a person of any color, should be able to use the word (not that it's right), but still, you see what I'm saying....

So I guess it's okay for blacks to exercise their rights, but not a white person?
This, my friends, is the entire point of the thread. !!! Right here!

Old 08-16-2010, 08:15 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
I'm glad she did it. This is what the right wing is all about. She want lose anything she will be celebrated as a hero. At least she was honest about wanting to say that word. All of them(right wing republicans/TP) say it any way just in private. You think she never used that word in regards to the Obama family. Many conservatives use it everyday when talking about the Obamas. Let rush beck and the rest yell that word all they want. I and many others want feel any different.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:30 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You think she never used that word in regards to the Obama family. Many conservatives use it everyday when talking about the Obamas.
link please.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:34 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm2010 View Post

A person of any color can use the word...that's covered under the 1st Amendment. But that doesn't make it right.

Everyone knows the history of the word and how/why it was used, let's not play stupid on that.

In my opinion NOBODY should use the word but the argument "black folks use it so why can't whites"...is getting kind of old. Everyone knows why white (non blacks) folks can't use it, so just leave it at that and stop trying to give them weak ammunition to fight a lost battle.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:42 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Still waiting on a QUOTE from someone in the right wing who has called Dr. Laura a hero.

OP- Provide us with the quote in a link please.

If you cannot provide proof that someone has called her a hero then this thread is -----well----- all made up fluff.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:44 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Still waiting on a QUOTE from someone in the right wing who has called Dr. Laura a hero.

OP- Provide us with the quote in a link please.

If you cannot provide proof that someone has called her a hero then this thread is -----well----- all made up fluff.
Listen you can say that word all you want just like she did. The right should applaud her effort. So what are you complaining about.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:49 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
A person of any color can use the word...that's covered under the 1st Amendment. But that doesn't make it right.

Everyone knows the history of the word and how/why it was used, let's not play stupid on that.

In my opinion NOBODY should use the word but the argument "black folks use it so why can't whites"...is getting kind of old. Everyone knows why white (non blacks) folks can't use it, so just leave it at that and stop trying to give them weak ammunition to fight a lost battle.

It's basically yelling fire in a crowded theatre. They WANT to cause controversy because it's something that has been viewed as an unwritten rule. As soon as someone says you shouldn't do something, they will fight tooth and nail to be able to do so. It's idiotic. They're like children.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:56 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
griffins performance might be stopped but a white man's career is over if he says the N word. hardly tit for tat.
Michael Richards had it comin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies