Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 12:34 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,452,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
She has nothing to apologize for. She didn't call anyone an n-word she used it in reference to what other say. The caller tried to paint her as a racist and that is shameful.

This is just another case of ultra-sensitive, excuse making liberals trying to smear a conservative and they fall flat on their faces.
Dr Laura is a hypocrite of the highest order and has a self righteous chip on her shoulder (as do many of her listeners) She preaches "Do the Right Thing" but she personally and now professionally falls very short. And that is shameful.

She knew what she was saying and didn't give a damn that it would be offensive to a segment of the population (Black and otherwise) I wouldn't classify this as a "conservative-liberal" issue. Its a lack of concern for those "who are not like you" issue.

The repeated use of the "N Word" is offensive specifically to Black people. If I referenced your wife, sister or mother as a "C--t" or a "B---h" you would have a problem with it. So why would I call your mother or wife a "B" or a "C" if I know that it offends you?

Why is it ultra-sensitive when a group indicates that being referred by a certain word is offensive to them? How hard is it to just accept that it is offensive and move on? I don't see these same people walking into work calling female co-workers "C--ts" or "B---hes". I never hear them use the rationale that women call each other "Bs" or "W-----" so I can too.

No, its those who have an utter lack of respect for decency who are not "like" them.

Rick Sanchez: Blog Archive - Dr. Laura Schlessinger's rant « - CNN.com Blogs (http://ricksanchez.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/13/dr-laura-schlessingers-rant/ - broken link)

Old 08-13-2010, 12:35 PM

512 posts, read 1,428,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
She is such a clown. White people think they can use the N-word because they hear a black person use it?

What a stupid broad that "Dr. Laura", maybe she should close her yap about race relations and stick to something she knows about. Whatever that might be.
yes. why not? if they use it, why not allow everyone to use it?

Old 08-13-2010, 12:35 PM

2,239 posts, read 1,378,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Oh really? the caller calls in and laments that her neighbors are making all kinds of racial questions to her. so this "fake doctor" rubs it in by using the "N" word not once but multiple times. she's a white witch.
Hmm, why wouldn't just plain old "witch" have done?
Frankly the caller's reason for calling in seemed a stretch to me; kind of weak.
I'm not defending "Dr. L", just trying to get people use the context. The fact that she said the n-word multiple times means nothing until you put it in context.
I knew this was going to blow up. She really should have used that 8 second delay and stopped that particular call. Bad judgement. She probably will get fired.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:36 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,542,192 times
Quote:
only if you can't read it.
She was using the word to demonstrate what she hears entertainers say. If I tell someone the lyrics to a NWA song, is it racist?

Old 08-13-2010, 12:37 PM

9,873 posts, read 10,777,832 times
Quote:
This is a joke right.........you really got to be kidding.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:38 PM

58,523 posts, read 26,835,306 times
Quote:
Have you ever written ANY body and complained when HBO and the black comedians and "muscians" use ther dreaded n word?

If you are so concerned about sensitivity you should be contacting them and complainning.

Did you write Sen KKK Byrd and complain when he invoked the n word several times in an interview a couple years ago?

So, who is the P-I-G for lacking sensativity?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 08-13-2010 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 08-13-2010, 12:39 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,895,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

So, who is the P-I-G for lacking sensativity/
She's lacking reading comprehension.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:40 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,931,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Dr Laura is a hypocrite of the highest order and has a self righteous chip on her shoulder (as do many of her listeners) She preaches "Do the Right Thing" but she personally and now professionally falls very short. And that is shameful.

She knew what she was saying and didn't give a damn that it would be offensive to a segment of the population (Black and otherwise) I wouldn't classify this as a "conservative-liberal" issue. Its a lack of concern for those "who are not like you" issue.

The repeated use of the "N Word" is offensive specifically to Black people. If I referenced your wife, sister or mother as a "C--t" or a "B---h" you would have a problem with it. So why would I call your mother or wife a "B" or a "C" if I know that it offends you?

Why is it ultra-sensitive when a group indicates that being referred by a certain word is offensive to them? How hard is it to just accept that it is offensive and move on? I don't see these same people walking into work calling female co-workers "C--ts" or "B---hes". I never hear them use the rationale that women call each other "Bs" or "W-----" so I can too.

No, its those who have an utter lack of respect for decency who are not "like" them.

Rick Sanchez: Blog Archive - Dr. Laura Schlessinger's rant « - CNN.com Blogs (http://ricksanchez.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/13/dr-laura-schlessingers-rant/ - broken link)

I think that it was very telling where she told the caller, "Oh, you have a chip on your shoulder". This was early on in the conversation. Then she started to pounce on this already "hypersensitive" caller. Why should this black woman be asked questions about how "all black people" do things. Republicans always boast about how they treat minorities as Americans first (when they want their vote), but yet they expect this one woman caller to be the answer to what all of her fellow blacks do it. That is not fair. Could it be that maybe this black woman grew up in a predominately white area and knows little about the black culture that her neighbors are inquiring about? Yet she is still expected to answer for all blacks.

39,803 posts, read 26,307,304 times
The only conclusion you can make from the OP is that Media Matters is a garbage source. They take a statement where she is "quoting" and critizing others for using the N-bomb, and try to portray it as if she was calling her caller that. Is that site always such a useless sack?

(BTW, I can't stand Dr. Laura's radio show, but she's right in this case).

20,948 posts, read 18,978,370 times
Why not stop all this crap? I mean really? Obama called his grand mother a "typical white woman". Imagine a 1/2 black, mainly white conservative saying "my grand mother is a typical black woman"? He would have been done at that instant! Obama's words didn't even cause a blip on the radar screen. I guess it helps having a 99% compliant, love struck, thrill up the leg media behind you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies