Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 10:39 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
And you dont think this mosque is being put where it is WHEN it is a deliberate slap at us?!
It is not a mosque, for one.

For two, the space has been in use for quite some time. The next step is to develop it further. It is located in an area with a large Muslim population (if you have been to visit Ground Zero, you would notice all of the kebab stands- guess who they are?) and simply made sense. 2 city blocks can separate the most dangerous parts of a city from the nicest- it's quite a gap of space. To anyone who is from a city, it would not occur to them that placing something 2 whole blocks away would be anything that would incite the ire of the country. I am happy they aren't backing down to the anger of people from Oklahoma and Alaska, and equally happy that most of the people of New York do not see this as strange.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:39 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
So can we blame all of Christianity for:
The Oklahoma Bombing
Abortion clinic bombings
The Ludlow Massacre
The bombing of Los Angeles Times building
The Centennial Olympic Park Bombing
The Holocaust Museum Attack

Cause if you're going to paint with a broad brush against Islam, we might as well do the same for Christianity.
A handful of incidents compared to thousands of terrorist acts commited by muslims.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:40 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I didn't say I did. I said that many do yet it falls on def ears. This man has said that he is a bridge builder, he wants to bring people together, well he is not off to a very good start. And so yes it makes me wonder if he motives are really what he claims.
And he is being pushed off by the crazies. What have you preached to the lunatics opposing the construction? Do you think they are right? Wrong? Why?

Quote:
No it is not just lunatics and right wing crazies unless you consider over 60% of New Yorkers lunatics and right wing crazies.
If you think majority can take away the rights and freedoms of the minority, and that we're a pure democracy... but what about you? Are you opposing the construction because you want to be with the majority? Or, do you have your own reasons?

Quote:
No it is not just lunatics and right wing crazies unless you consider over 60% of New Yorkers lunatics and right wing crazies.
Link to a study?

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
This thread makes me shake with rage and physically ill. What a despicably ugly display of hatred and disrespect for our Constitution and everything that makes this country great. How dare some of you claim to be patriots and spew the filth you've written here. Disgusting. Shameful. Sickening.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:42 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
A handful of incidents compared to thousands of terrorist acts commited by muslims.
Why does it matter? Regardless of number of acts throughout history, in the present and into the future, wouldn't it be appropriate to be consistent and blame religion of the person as being responsible? Or, do you want to do it selectively?

Old 08-13-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
This thread makes me shake with rage and physically ill. What a despicably ugly display of hatred and disrespect for our Constitution and everything that makes this country great. How dare some of you claim to be patriots and spew the filth you've written here. Disgusting. Shameful. Sickening.
I can't rep you right now, but I would. I only continue posting in this thread in the hopes that some of these posters will give themselves a good, hard look in the mirror and understand what evil they are spewing.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:43 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Don't you know the Constitution should only be revered when it protects the rights of WASP's? For everyone else - well they're not "real" Americans anyway. Apparently.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:44 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

It is not a mosque, for one.

For two, the space has been in use for quite some time. The next step is to develop it further. It is located in an area with a large Muslim population (if you have been to visit Ground Zero, you would notice all of the kebab stands- guess who they are?) and simply made sense. 2 city blocks can separate the most dangerous parts of a city from the nicest- it's quite a gap of space. To anyone who is from a city, it would not occur to them that placing something 2 whole blocks away would be anything that would incite the ire of the country. I am happy they aren't backing down to the anger of people from Oklahoma and Alaska, and equally happy that most of the people of New York do not see this as strange.
These idiots know all of this. There have been multiple threads on it and they've been told over and over and over.

They don't care.

They are filled with hatred.

Frankly, I think they are an evil that will destroy this great nation if ever allowed back in power.

Vile pigs, the lot of them.

(P.S. It's nice to see a fellow MOT supporting this project. )

Old 08-13-2010, 10:46 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Oh really? Then what was the crusades? A small skirmish?

More people were murdered and killed in the name of the Christian God than all of the people who have died in the name of Islam.

Again, painting with that broad brush; unfortunately you are so blind that when someone points out the acts of violence of a few "christians" you can't see the hypocrisy you cling to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies