Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 03:53 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,482,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The resistance to mosques is not limited to NYC.
Why doesn't America enact laws to make Islam illegal? Then give all muslims 90 days to convert to christianity or pack up and git out of America.
Because it is against the constitution to enact such a law.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:54 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,468,053 times
Quote:
Originally posted by MissDollie
I don't understand people that keep trying to make this about freedom of religion, when it is not.

No one has said they can't practice their religion and they have done so for many years at that location.

It is about an in your face $100 monument at that particular location. Once and for all it is about LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Put it anywhere else and you probably would not have heard a peep.

But then, they knew the reaction they would get when they made the proposal.
No, it's NOT just "Location location location" It's "MUSLIMS at a certain location" If the people building this weren't muslim then you wouldn't have a problem.

Yesterday on the way home from work I tuned in to Sean Hannity, who was talking about this topic, and some of the calls he took made me sick to my stomach. It's little more than bigotry, pure and simple. Go and meet some muslims--not the ones you see on Fox News, the average run of the mill types-- and see for yourself what kind of people they are!

Don't be fooled by the right wing fascists.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:55 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,160,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Because it is against the constitution to enact such a law.
I'm just trying to please the real Americans. And laws can be changed.
Amerika is not the place for muslims.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:00 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,075,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Eww........At least they are building a gay bar next door to it in mockery. I'll stop by for a drink there next time I'm in Manhattan. Muslim's around the world must be laughing at the US right now. Good job Obama!

....AND the muslims said it would be insensitive to build a gay bar by a mosque. They want us to be sensitive as they spit on the victims of 911.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:00 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,286,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Intolerance never seems to be hurled in the direction of the religion that created that hole in the ground!! WHY IS THAT?? WHY?? Why can we continue to see Honor Killings of beautiful young girls and noses of women cleaved from their faces and military personel shooting their fellow troops and never hear INTOLERANCE directed at them??? No.....THEY ARE BEING INTOLERANT OF THE FEELINGS OF THOUSANDS WHO LOST LOVED ONES THERE!

AGAIN....since you guys seem to ignore this!! NO ONE IS SAYING DON'T BUILD YOUR FRIKKIN' MOSQUE! JUST NOT THERE!!
The answer to Muslim intorance is NOT American intolerance. Especially when it violates the Constitutional right to freedom of religion.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The last stinkin' administration flew this same imam out for the same reasons, right? Cute how you leave that out.
As I've said before a conservative will NEVER let the facts get in the way of their opinions.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:13 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,423,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post

Isreal has only itslef to blame for many of its problems. It forcibly removed Palistenian families from their homes during the creation of the Isreali state, and continues to deprive these people of the most basic human and civil rights. As long as Isreal provides no justice for the Palistenian people it will not live in peace with its neighbors.
As much as I agree with you on the subject of this thread, I must take issue with this distortion of historical fact. I don't pretend that Israel's hands are entirely clean, but you appear to have an oversimplified understanding of the facts. I don't want to hijack this thread with a full-on rebuttal, so I'll just direct you here for a more balanced historical record.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:17 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,835,679 times

YouTube - Won't Lift Finger to Build Ground Zero Mosque

Old 08-14-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Really I didnt realize that. I guess I was being totally wrong for thinking that islam was the reason why the terrorist destroyed the wtc. I actually known people who have been to saudi arabia and other muslim nations. They have told me a lot of horrror stories from those nations. Do you know of such a thing as a religious police? How about how women are second class citizen there? Or how intolerant they are of people with different religions? Do you know what you call a man or woman in a muslim country who leaves islam and converts to christianity? You call them dead because that is a crime and it is punished by death. No you are blind but your liberal views and thinking. ISLAM WAS THE REASON WHY THE WTC WAS DESTORYED. THOSE PEOPLE WHO DESTORYED THE WTC WERE PRACTICING MUSLIMS.
The people that destroyed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City were Christians. By your logic there shouldn't any churches anywhere near downtown Oklahoma City.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:23 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,767,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
No, it's NOT just "Location location location" It's "MUSLIMS at a certain location" If the people building this weren't muslim then you wouldn't have a problem.

Yesterday on the way home from work I tuned in to Sean Hannity, who was talking about this topic, and some of the calls he took made me sick to my stomach. It's little more than bigotry, pure and simple. Go and meet some muslims--not the ones you see on Fox News, the average run of the mill types-- and see for yourself what kind of people they are!

Don't be fooled by the right wing fascists.
OHHHH, I see it's a conservative thing. Apparantly the age of thought and reason has died.

It wasn't Christians or Jews who attacked us so please stop with that Islamic spin doctoring. Christians, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists mostly build monuments to mourn and mark where something tragic happened. It's the Muslims who build monuments to mark a victory. Ground Zero is the biggest victory in centuries for them.

We are talking about a people who still hold all European Christians responsible for the crusades 1000 years ago!!! How do you reason with a hate that can only be repaid with every Christian on earth being slaughtered? And anyone that's left must bend to Allah or be slaughtered.

The bottom line is they have every right to build their Mosque anywhere they want. Is it right for them to do so? Every Muslim leader I've heard from who isnt in the pocket of hezbollah (yes little h) says they believe its the absolute wrong thing to do.

It makes you sick... I guess the reality of these extreme Muslims wanting us dead makes you happy then. We are simply infidels in their eyes? What happens to infidels in the Kuran? Where do you think this guy is getting his $100m to build this thing anyway? Not from the American Muslims, he has to go abroad to raise the funds. This instantly tells me he'll be getting some of the mad money floating around and earmarked for terror. I'm sure I've sickened you so I'll stop now.

Last edited by steven_h; 08-14-2010 at 04:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.