Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 08:32 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but this is the exact right answer to any and all criticism of this Mosque.
That only works when libs want it to work in their favor.

Who is trying to make a law prohibiting this mosque from picking a more politically correct place to show up? It has to do with what is right and what it wrong, it has to do with what is respectful and what isn't when it comes down to what religion caused a major disaster in 2001 that rocked not only America, but the world.

And anyone can pick at/ dissect the religion of Islam and say "well, it was only the extremists" but they tend to also be the ones who toss all Christians into one lump when talking about Timothy McVeigh, some crazy ass who blows up an abortion clinic, etc.

You can't have it both ways.

It's an issue because it's a big old FU. And if the supporters of this can't see that, then there really is NO hope for this country.

Get in line for your bread and cheese and take your women to get fitted for their burkas.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:35 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The people that destroyed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City were Christians. By your logic there shouldn't any churches anywhere near downtown Oklahoma City.
There is no chrisitan army attacking people in oklahoma or america. And the people who did the oklahoma bombing did it not for religious reason but for political reasons. If you listen to them talk it had nothing to do with religion. But that is besides the point. Christianity is not on a mission to convert or destory america.
I am sick of people attacking christianity. Chrisitians are stupid they go all over the world to help people and in doing so get themselves hurt or even killed. Name me any muslim groups that go around the world helping anyone who isnt muslim?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:36 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
stop that now! you wanna say something say it.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:37 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
That only works when libs want it to work in their favor.

Who is trying to make a law prohibiting this mosque from picking a more politically correct place to show up? It has to do with what is right and what it wrong, it has to do with what is respectful and what isn't when it comes down to what religion caused a major disaster in 2001 that rocked not only America, but the world.

And anyone can pick at/ dissect the religion of Islam and say "well, it was only the extremists" but they tend to also be the ones who toss all Christians into one lump when talking about Timothy McVeigh, some crazy ass who blows up an abortion clinic, etc.

You can't have it both ways.

It's an issue because it's a big old FU. And if the supporters of this can't see that, then there really is NO hope for this country.

Get in line for your bread and cheese and take your women to get fitted for their burkas.
Whats right and wrong is different for every person.

There is already a Mosque closer to Ground Zero than this one is. Its been there for over 40 years. What no protests over that one? It took damage from the falling towers on 9/11.

Muslims died in the WTC attack, you do know that right.

Oh, and heres one more for you.

Not all Muslims attacked us, most didn't, many have died for the right to practice where they will, as is granted to them by the Constitution.

Y'all should be damned ashamed of yourselves. I have my issues with all organized Religion, but I don't tell them where they can and can't build a church.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
You have to understand at the core of racism is the belief that American is a White, Christian nation. Much of the "Take Back Our Country" crowd see the changing demographics of the United States and live in fear and anger that they country that they envision is slipping away from their grasp.
Do you think it would be allowed for a muslim nation to lose their democgraphics? How do you think turkey would reach? And they are a moderate muslim nation or at least used to be.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:38 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
HEY BUD....WHEN I SEE A SLEW OF CHRISTIANS OFFING THEIR OWN KIDS OR STRAPPIN' C-4 TO THEIR BODIES AND SCREAMIN' "JESUS IS LORD" BEFORE THEY PULL THE TRIGGER, IN A CROWD OF PEOPLE, THEN SEE ME!! Until then, you got nothin'!! Nada!! I can open the newspaper everyday and find some conflict on the globe involving someone called a Muslim!

The un-Christian thing you did was trying to bring your faith as the same as Islam! If it is indeed your faith, you would not do that!
Again, hypocrisy isn't a charactor trait of Christianity; stop trying to make it one!!!

So according to your twisted logic if a priest killed 3000 people a hundred years ago in the name of Christendom and today that religion has been accepted as the mainstream religion of our culture than the 3000 murders don't matter because it happened a hundred years ago??!!

Well according to your logic in another hundred years the victims of 9/11 won't matter because of the passage of time.

Another thing "BUD" unless you have a problem with reading you will notice that I stated that I knew Islam to be a false religion but if it is recognized by this and other countries as a religion than they have every legal right to express themselves!!

So yes I can bring my religion forth with Islam because again it's a recognized and accepted religion in this country!!

In case you ever want to be honest and not a hypocrite you will realize that killings and massacres are yet taking place on the planet by mis-guided "Christians"!!

Old 08-14-2010, 08:38 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Since WHEN do you care about the rights of homosexuals? I think some ppl have more in common with the muzzies than they think.
Did you read the link?

It has nothing to do with anything other than what Muslims will or will not accept ....vs. what liberal Americans will accept at the cost of appeasing anything.

I'm sure if this mosque gets built and a gay bar goes up, they WON'T have a problem with two guys sucking face on their front steps.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:39 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
stop that now! you wanna say something say it.
LOL the things I would like to say, just aren't meant for the forum world.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Again, hypocrisy isn't a charactor trait of Christianity; stop trying to make it one!!!

So according to your twisted logic if a priest killed 3000 people a hundred years ago in the name of Christendom and today that religion has been accepted as the mainstream religion of our culture than the 3000 murders don't matter because it happened a hundred years ago??!!

Well according to your logic in another hundred years the victims of 9/11 won't matter because of the passage of time.

Another thing "BUD" unless you have a problem with reading you will notice that I stated that I knew Islam to be a false religion but if it is recognized by this and other countries as a religion than they have every legal right to express themselves!!

So yes I can bring my religion forth with Islam because again it's a recognized and accepted religion in this country!!

In case you ever want to be honest and not a hypocrite you will realize that killings and massacres are yet taking place on the planet by mis-guided "Christians"!!
Mis-guided Christians? I think if I said something like that about Muslims progs would be all over me for a link. Therefore, where is your proof of what you said?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I think it may be due to the fact that he pandered to the Liberals when he was campaigning and governs from the right. Obama is way too conservative in a lot of ways. I wish I'd known that a long time ago.

Maybe we can get a real Liberal to run in 2012.

As far as the flag pin, Obama showed up with one at the debates with McCain, and John was pinless. What can that mean?
If you actually believe obama is too conservative I would like to know what about obama is too conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies