Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 09:13 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Whats right and wrong is different for every person.

There is already a Mosque closer to Ground Zero than this one is. Its been there for over 40 years. What no protests over that one? It took damage from the falling towers on 9/11.
It pre-dated 9/11.

Quote:
Muslims died in the WTC attack, you do know that right.
Of course I do. Which would make someone think that they'd "get it" and not use "freedom of religion" as a right to build a muslim playground so close to ground zero. It also shows just shows how screwed up the one nasty part of that religion is , not to mention how large, heavily funded and supported all over-world that one nasty part of that religion is - to be able to accomplish what they did on 9/11 and before....and you really have to question the insensitivity of the project by those in charge.

Quote:
Not all Muslims attacked us, most didn't, many have died for the right to practice where they will, as is granted to them by the Constitution.
Which is a red herring and has nothing to do with the reality of the problem of said mosque building where it wants to.

Not all Christians were involved in the bombing of the Oklahoma Fed building...but let's bring up Timothy McVeigh and the fact that he may have gone to Sunday school when he was a kid so anti-religion/anti-Christian types can blame Christianity as a whole.

Let's bring up a Christian who blew up an abortion clinic and degrade the entire religion b/c some lone idiot (or two or three) did. So anti-religion/anti-Christian types can blame Christianity as a whole.

You can't lump all of one group together when a few crazies do some stupid crap. But let's get realistic. Are Christians hiding out in churches, sneaking in to America, shaving their holy hairiness and going to strip joints to "fit in" BEFORE they fly a few planes into NYC buildings and the pentagon? Where's the funding for that? Who's funding it? Where's the money train coming from?

Quote:
Y'all should be damned ashamed of yourselves. I have my issues with all organized Religion, but I don't tell them where they can and can't build a church.
It has nothing to do with being allowed to build anything that even remotely reeks of religion.

And it's not a church, it's a mosque.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
I'll support anything that'll contribute to conservatives hating their own lives and feelings of demoralization. Truthfully, there is no other group of people on this planet who deserves it more than they do.
I feel the same about the 22% of liberals in this country. Hopefully, this will come to fruition in Nov.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:15 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
I'm really worried about my country. Really, really worried.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:17 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Seriously what is the issue here? I could for instance understand if this site was a museum celebrating the 9/11 hijackers which would be uncalled for but this is a Islamic center and a mosque being built a few blocks away from "ground Zero"!
What those bastards did on 9/11 was to hijack a religion and use it to perpetuate hate against a certain group of people!
Wake up America! We allow Freedom of Religion and now people want to restrict a certain group because it offends them? Do you know how many Muslims also died on 9/11 against these ruthless barbaric terrorists criminals?
Timothy McVeigh blew up that building in Oklahoma City and I believe he was Christian so I guess we shouldn't build churches near the Federal building that was bombed either!
The minute we start telling certain groups of people that they can't build a place of worship where they have been allowed to is a sad day for America.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:22 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
So it would be okay with you for a Christian church to be built there as well as Franklin Graham getting your tax dollars to send him around the world to build bridges?
how about folks saying Merry Christmas, or a nativity being placed on the White House grounds?
Can Christians now pray in public? Or in schools?
How about a Bible study at the House of Congress?
I just want to clearly understand what you are saying

and just exactly does this have to do with the current situation, ever heard of seperatin of church and state

Old 08-14-2010, 09:25 PM

958 posts, read 1,105,271 times
So very funny and yet sad to reas all the posts ade on this subject.
The Muslims murdered 3000 innocent civilians, now they want to build a temple to honor that day and some of you want to honor them.
What a joke on every True American

Old 08-14-2010, 09:27 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Listen up woman, you need to stop making assumptions and allegations about me. It's rude and insulting. As a matter of fact, I do happen to know people who were in those buildings when they were attacked. Several. My eyes and ears are wide open, as is my heart and mind. You might try opening yours. You'll live a happier, less stressful life. Bull****. There is nowhere far enough away in lower Manhattan that they could build this center that you people would not be up in arms about. You have no clue what the people who died would think about a community center several blocks away from where they died, since they can't tell you. And you act as if non-Muslims were the only people who died in that attack.
"Imagine being the family of Salman Hamdani. The 23-year-old New York City police cadet was a part-time ambulance driver, incoming medical student, and devout Muslim. When he disappeared on September 11, law enforcement officials came to his family, seeking him for questioning in relation to the terrorist attacks. They allegedly believed he was somehow involved. His whereabouts were undetermined for over six months, until his remains were finally identified. He was found near the North Tower, with his EMT medical bag beside him, presumably doing everything he could to help those in need. His family could finally rest, knowing that he died the hero they always knew him to be."
And he's only one among many. This is only a partial list of Muslims who were also murdered on 9/11:

• Samad Afridi
  • Ashraf Ahmad
  • Shabbir Ahmad (45 years old; Windows on the World; leaves wife and 3 children)
  • Umar Ahmad
  • Azam Ahsan
  • Ahmed Ali
  • Tariq Amanullah (40 years old; Fiduciary Trust Co.; ICNA website team member; leaves wife and 2 children)
  • Touri Bolourchi (69 years old; United Airlines #175; a retired nurse from Tehran)
  • Salauddin Ahmad Chaudhury
  • Abdul K. Chowdhury (30 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
  • Mohammad S. Chowdhury (39 years old; Windows on the World; leaves wife and child born 2 days after the attack)
  • Jamal Legesse Desantis
  • Ramzi Attallah Douani (35 years old; Marsh & McLennan)
  • SaleemUllah Farooqi
  • Syed Fatha (54 years old; Pitney Bowes)
  • Osman Gani
  • Mohammad Hamdani (50 years old)
  • Salman Hamdani (NYPD Cadet)
  • Aisha Harris (21 years old; General Telecom)
  • Shakila Hoque (Marsh & McLennan)
  • Nabid Hossain
  • Shahzad Hussain
  • Talat Hussain
  • Mohammad Shah Jahan (Marsh & McLennan)
  • Yasmeen Jamal
  • Mohammed Jawarta (MAS security)
  • Arslan Khan Khakwani
  • Asim Khan
  • Ataullah Khan
  • Ayub Khan
  • Qasim Ali Khan
  • Sarah Khan (32 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
  • Taimour Khan (29 years old; Karr Futures)
  • Yasmeen Khan
  • Zahida Khan
  • Badruddin Lakhani
  • Omar Malick
  • Nurul Hoque Miah (36 years old)
  • Mubarak Mohammad (23 years old)
  • Boyie Mohammed (Carr Futures)
  • Raza Mujtaba
  • Omar Namoos
  • Mujeb Qazi
  • Tarranum Rahim
  • Ehtesham U. Raja (28 years old)
  • Ameenia Rasool (33 years old)
  • Naveed Rehman
  • Yusuf Saad
  • Rahma Salie & unborn child (28 years old; American Airlines #11; wife of Michael Theodoridis; 7 months pregnant)
  • Shoman Samad
  • Asad Samir
  • Khalid Shahid (25 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald; engaged to be married in November)
  • Mohammed Shajahan (44 years old; Marsh & McLennan)
  • Naseema Simjee (Franklin Resources Inc.'s Fiduciary Trust)
  • Jamil Swaati
  • Sanober Syed
  • Robert Elias Talhami (40 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
  • Michael Theodoridis (32 years old; American Airlines #11; husband of Rahma Salie)
  • W. Wahid
Muslim Victims of Terrorist Attack, September 11, 2001

How about you start showing some respect for them and their families by stopping the attempt to violate their constitutional rights? EXACTLY!

I'll respond. If someone wanted to build a German history museum near a Jewish community, and that museum hailed many of the incredible contributions that Germans made, including German Jews such as Albert Einstein, to science, literature and peace (Henry Kissinger was also a Nobel Peace Prize recipient), and included a exhibit dedicated to the atrocities of the Holocaust, that would be JUST FINE by me. And I am Jewish. And I don't think anyone else would give a crap about it, either.

I hope you don't think that list of muslims killed on 911 has any extra impact since that is very small list compared to all the muslims killed by muslims every day on their own turf. Bombing their own is standard fare.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Here is the problem for the Left;

Daily Kos Holocaust Denial: 9/11 Attacks 'Were More About Optics Than Actual Harm' | NewsBusters.org

The worst attack in out nation's history and to the Left, it was more about optics, not harm.

Truly an incredible statement and may be how many on the Left feel about 9/11.

This truly degenerate liberal says 9/11 was just not really a big deal, cause more teens are killed every year in car accidents than died on 9/11, and therefore it shouldn't have been such a high profile event.

"Never forget who died, never forget who killed them."

YouTube - ABC Morning Sept 11th, Peter Jennings, 1rst Impressions

YouTube - WTC PHOTOS 9/11 - NOT FOR CHILDREN

Old 08-14-2010, 09:34 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,313,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I feel the same about the 22% of liberals in this country. Hopefully, this will come to fruition in Nov.
Hope all you want it's not going to happen. Barack Obama is a way better conservative than anyone the Republicans can field. The Democrats are the Conservative party in America, they've basically taken over mainstream American conservatism, leaving the Republicans with nothing but a loose confederation of loons, nutcases and whack-jobs; people who are way beyond the mainstream for Americans to identify with. The US population as a whole will never follow a bunch of far-right freaks. Face it, you guys are "old hat."

You guys will live in hell for the rest of your days.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:36 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
"Never forget who died, never forget who killed them."
Yep, Lunatic Extremists who used a religion as an excuse. Has happened in recent history with Christianity also.

So how is the new church (mosque is a church), supporting lunatic extremists? Link please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies