Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 02:08 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
These leaders from New York City and across the country are specifically challenging the divisive rhetoric of Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin, who have strongly opposed a center that will promote interfaith relations, combat extremism, and offer community programs for Americans of all religious background

Where in these words do I see Fox News? Where do I see any words from the imam that is going round the world to represent the US? Also, where do I see any words that prove that those people plan to let Americans of all backgrounds use this place for anything not Muslim? Somehow I don't see any of this.

Now in reading the article that is mentioned in the one you linked I found that a whole 100,000 people belong to that group that you are holding up as the very best supporters of progressive thought, etc. I think that you just took the statements you liked and cherry picked them at us.
Gee Roy, lets read a bit more... looks like it says "Fox News" to me. Maybe you've got those Glenn Beck chalkboard blinders on again..

Quote:
“Newt Gingrich, the former Speaker of the House, is the most recent prominent opponent to cast this debate in a way that demonizes all Muslims and exploits fear to divide Americans.”It is a sign of their contempt for Americans and their confidence in our historic ignorance that they would deliberately insult us this way,” Gingrich said in a statement. Sarah Palin called plans for the center a “provocation.” Fox News has aired a steady stream of irresponsible commentary and biased coverage that reduces what should be a civil debate into starkly combative terms.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 02:08 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Gee, I wonder what the Republican worshiping fundies are going to think about this?

40 Religious Leaders Denounce Sarah Palin and Fox's Hate Speech
There is nothing new with republican fear mongering. It is their most trusted weapon.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Gee Roy, lets read a bit more... looks like it says "Fox News" to me. Maybe you've got those Glenn Beck chalkboard blinders on again..
Damn I didn't read far enough. I guess I would have to admit that you took this from a bit farther left than I thought. Oh well, what more could I expect.

Sorry for not reading all of the link.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:57 PM

256 posts, read 479,357 times
Most Republicans have violated just about everything considered holy in faith, such as decency, morality, truthfulness, respect.... So I don't expect them to be influenced much by righteous religious leaders...

Old 08-14-2010, 03:30 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Gee, I wonder what the Republican worshiping fundies are going to think about this?

40 Religious Leaders Denounce Sarah Palin and Fox's Hate Speech
Nice try, but your Faith in Public Life is just a thinly veiled Progressive group.
From your link it states that they have partnered with http://www.democracyinaction.org and you will see Democracy In Action on your credit card statement.

"Through DemocracyInAction, non profits have access to a special Salsa configuration built specifically for the progressive non profit community."

Old 08-14-2010, 04:16 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
LOL, you don't get it. They are a bunch of left wing loonies who are using their religious titles to promote their liberal views. Can't say I care one iota what these moonbats think or say, AND I don't care what religion they proclaim to profess. It's a liberal left-wing group.

as opposed to the far right wing-nuts & promoting their views eh?

sigh. Just another ' lets bash the other side because of extremists' post.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:29 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Surely you feel a little sympathy for 40 "religious" leaders who don't know "hate speech" when they hear it!

Pajamas Media » Ground Zero Imam: ‘I Don’t Believe in Religious Dialogue’

But that was two months ago. More recently — in fact on May 26, one day after his Daily News column – Abdul Rauf appeared on the popular Islamic website Hadiyul-Islam with even more disturbing opinions. That’s the same website where, ironically enough, a fatwa was simultaneously being issued forbidding a Muslim to sell land to a Christian, because the Christian wanted to build a church on it.

haha stay on topic, otherwise when you creatre an anti liberal, arab or muslim thread one can counter punch it

Old 08-14-2010, 04:55 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times
Regardless of what 40 "religious leaders" may believe, peaceful dialogue between the various faiths may be a bit difficult when so many members of one of those faiths continually bombs and shoots at the rest. Personally, I'd be more prone to sit down and talk to a guy tossing insults at me than the one tossing grenades. Stick and stones.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:13 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Want to bet they are alll fourty LIBERAL religious leaders? Many churches have been taken over by the left so they can further the leftist propaganda and need to be cast to the side.
Yes, many churches have been taken over by things that preach such leftist propaganda as:

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

"Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy."

"Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth."

"If a man strikes you on your left cheek, turn to him your right cheek also."

"If a man asks you for your shirt, give him your coat also."

"I was hungry and you gave me not to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me not to drink. I was sick and you did not care for me. In prison and you did not visit me. Then I will say depart from me into the place prepared for Satan and his demons. For whatsoever you do to the least of these you do unto me."

Yes, these churches preach this and actually believe it because they follow the Christ who taught these things.

The far right preach that if you were good you'd be rich. Somehow ignoring the fact that Christ never even had a home of his own.

The far right preach that taking care of the poor, the sick, the old is "pandering" and encouraging people to be lazy. Forgetting that Christ spent his time on earth commanding that we do just those things.

The far right preach that if someone hurts you then you should hurt them back. Forgetting that Christ taught us to pray; "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors."

The far right preach that you should only associate with people just like yourselves while Christ spent his time on earth being a friend to the friendless and spending time with publicans and sinners.

The truth is, that those churches you mock as "progressives" still worship Christ and follow his teachings.

Those on the far right no longer worship Him or follow His teachings. They, like false teachers of Christ's time on earth, worship money and power.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:22 PM

37,167 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Now we have to read all the bulls#it that the liberals HAVE to throw out now because THEIR president has chosen sides with the muslims against us AGAIN.
So what else is new?
"THEIR"?

"OUR" is the correct term.

Unless you are dividing us, in which case "WE" would be the "MAJORITY" which elected "OUR" President. Furthermore, "WE" will do it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies