Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 02:02 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,264,630 times

Advertisements

We don't hate muslims as people. What we do hate is their creed of barbarism. We don't want that way of life here, and it's pretty darned hard to watch elsewhere too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 02:12 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
All Christians believe the 10 commandments are Gods laws, as do all Muslims.

Doesn't mean they all follow it.
Excellent point Memphis. While the bible thumpers who believe, live by and enforce the Ten Commandments can be a problem, most Christians don't try to force those precepts on other citizens.

The same could apply to Islam. Many, probably most Muslims don't practice or try to enforce the precepts of Shari'a on others. However, radical Muslims do.

And it is those radical Muslims that run the mosques and enforce the rules.

Yes, Islam is a religion and should be practiced by those choosing to do so when how and where they choose.

However, Islam is also a political system. The politics of being Muslim and requires Muslims to carry that political system every where they go.

So, while Muslims should be allowed to build their mosque near ground zero the real question remains, will they and should they be allowed to practice Islam? A politics that would require you... and all U.S. citizens to surrender the Constitution. At which time YOU would become protected by Islam as long as you don't violate its rules. You would become a second class citizen in your own country. A status known as dhimmitude.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:14 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
[quote=Strel;15497621]Says who? if I don't take Genesis to be literally true, does that mean I am not a Christian? You will have no trouble finding people who think so. Just ask Calvinist.

Let's stay on topic shall we? Islam vs. Religious Freedom. You seem to know so little about the basics of theology, it would be difficult to have a meaningful discussion.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:15 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
We don't hate muslims as people. What we do hate is their creed of barbarism. We don't want that way of life here, and it's pretty darned hard to watch elsewhere too.
The bible has the same "creed of barbarism", maybe you should read it.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Says who? if I don't take Genesis to be literally true, does that mean I am not a Christian? You will have no trouble finding people who think so. Just ask Calvinist.

Let's stay on topic shall we? Islam vs. Religious Freedom. You seem to know so little about the basics of theology, it would be difficult to have a meaningful discussion.
In Islam, there is NO such thing as religious freedom.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:18 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The bible has the same "creed of barbarism", maybe you should read it.
Where is it practiced as state religion? How many christians take christianity remotely as serious as muslims take islam?

when was the last time christians stoned people to death for adultery or homosexuality?
The reality is, what hte left likes to ignore, is that christianity had a reformation, and basically most "christians" today are secular to the point of basically being athiests. That is NOT the case in the muslim world. The average "moderate muslim" is way more devout than your average christian.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Excellent point Memphis. While the bible thumpers who believe, live by and enforce the Ten Commandments can be a problem, most Christians don't try to force those precepts on other citizens.

The same could apply to Islam. Many, probably most Muslims don't practice or try to enforce the precepts of Shari'a on others. However, radical Muslims do.

And it is those radical Muslims that run the mosques and enforce the rules.

Yes, Islam is a religion and should be practiced by those choosing to do so when how and where they choose.

However, Islam is also a political system. The politics of being Muslim and requires Muslims to carry that political system every where they go.

So, while Muslims should be allowed to build their mosque near ground zero the real question remains, will they and should they be allowed to practice Islam? A politics that would require you... and all U.S. citizens to surrender the Constitution. At which time YOU would become protected by Islam as long as you don't violate its rules. You would become a second class citizen in your own country. A status known as dhimmitude.
I haven't heard anything from this Imam, or most others, that I didn't hear coming from a fire and brimstone sermon on Sunday growing up.

Most mosques aren't ran by radical Muslims, I'd like to see proof of that.

And Christians do try to enforce their morality and religious laws on me. The anti gay marriage push is mainly religious based, as well as my not being able to buy beer on Sunday, as is the fact I can't smoke a joint in my own house legally.

Lots of other Christian "morals" shoved down my throat, but that'd be a bit off topic, just answering your allegations.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:21 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
In Islam, there is NO such thing as religious freedom.
Libs do like to ignore that once a muslim, you cannot leave the faith.

I have an Iranian friend who "sorta" converted to christianity back when we were in high school, and he's petrified of going back to Iran to even visit his relatives for fear that it might be found out that he "converted" which he really didn't do. He just went to a church a couple of times..

Old 08-16-2010, 02:22 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Religion: 6 billion people raping humanity over which imaginary best friend is actually real.

Jesus Christ. (pun intended)

Who really gives a **** where Muslims decide to build a mosque? The bible-thumpers crying 'outrage!' are the same people who are against gay marriage.

If it doesn't affect you, **** OFF! It really is amazing how the religious right cries in defense of the Constitution (2nd amendment usually) but will openly speak out against the 1st amendment.
So, if a Christian is against gay marriage (and I don't include myself with these people), that outrages you.

But if Muslims want to stone gay people to death, you recommend tolerance for their religion?

Old 08-16-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Where is it practiced as state religion? How many christians take christianity remotely as serious as muslims take islam?

when was the last time christians stoned people to death for adultery or homosexuality?
The reality is, what hte left likes to ignore, is that christianity had a reformation, and basically most "christians" today are secular to the point of basically being athiests. That is NOT the case in the muslim world. The average "moderate muslim" is way more devout than your average christian.
There are African countries where they do that, Ethiopia is one. Its hard to find an article on it.

But, as I've said, that was largely in Christianities past, as Christianity is a much older religion than Islam is at this point.

I only point out that the Christian bible has the same passages, and some people follow them to the letter. I only do this when people bring up that Islam's main holy books have the same passages that are in the bible.

Doesn't excuse Christians past behavior, or some radical Muslims current behavior.

But how often do we hear about stonings in America? Its not like its a common occurrence. My point is, most Muslims don't follow those rules, and aren't trying to kill anyone, even though some here feel that they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies