Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 12:24 PM

159 posts, read 359,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You make a good point that not all, or even most, of the members of a group necessarily agree with all actions taken by individuals who claim membership. Of course, any liberal would automatically exclude Tea Party participants from this general principle, but the point is well taken none the less. The problem you have with applying this principle to Islam is that the Koran itself calls for the killing and subjugation of all non-Muslims. The Gospel of Christ requires believers to forgive all others for whatever they may have done and invites non-Christians to only willingly convert. Hardly the case with Islam.
I thought about this even more.

Thinking back to my own experience, I have friends who are Muslims (some raised that way, some converts) and I believe they are in the dark about - as you put it - the killing and subjugation of all non-Muslims. For example, I have a young Pakistani friend who swears there are no homosexual Muslims. At first I thought he was being intentionally obtuse but the more I talked to him, the more I realized he truly believed it. He said "they just weren't born that way."

As we know, that's a crock. Of course there are gay Muslims. And somehow I doubt they can come out of the closet with ease...if at all. But this is what this young kid (19) was taught. This is just one of many examples I've found myself confronted with when it comes to those who practice Islam. I am beginning to believe they are clueless or in denial about the darker tenets of their religion. Therefore, you're not going to hear an objection from a group of people who believe otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 12:29 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,271,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Gee i don't know- Nichols and McVeigh were conservative Christians
and they went and bombed hundreds of Americans including children to death. Doesn't it soil the memory of the Americans who died to have Christians stick our nose in it by having a church in the same area? What about the loved ones who lost family and who now would have to look at that Cross each time they go by?

You say that Nicols and McVeigh weren't good Christians? Well did you ever think that the Musim terrorists who blew up the World Trade Center weren't considered good muslims and that religion denounced them?

Did the Christian churches ever denounce Nicols and McVeigh ( nah they just hoped people would forget it about and continue to look at arabs).
They obviously weren't good Cristians, since what they did goes against Christian teaching. THOU SHALT NOT KILL/MURDER!

Old 08-23-2010, 12:35 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,241,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
More lies from the obamabaggers? McVeigh sounds more like a lib. His religion was the religion of science. A Christian church would be just fine anywhere in this country.
McVeigh was DEFINITELY not a lib. The above post is wholly inaccurate.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Their dislike for the United States is also based on our government's policies namely our unilateral support for Israel. If we didn't support Israel, none of these events would have happened. They may never have liked western culture and ideals but that never inspired them to attack the United Staes. The 9/11 terrorist acts and other terrorist attacks are based on our political stance.

By not allowing a Mosque to be built at ground zero, you are essentially saying this is a war against Islam when it's truly a war against a fundamentalist terrorist group not an entire religion. This incident displays people's true feelings namely that they are angry at Islam as a whole as opposed to just the terrorists. Are those feelings understandable given the recent events, absolutely! Does it justify having those feelings, no it doesn't because Islam didn't bomb NYC, Al Qaeda did. Muslims were also victims in these bombings and many American Muslims died during 9/11 also so it is important we not indict all of Islam in the 9/11 bombings.
They did it in the name of Islam, remember Ala Akbar!

Old 08-23-2010, 01:03 PM

McViegh's Political and religious views, quoted from Wikipidia---
McVeigh's only known political affiliations were his voter registration with the Republican Party of New York when he lived in Buffalo, New York, and a membership in the National Rifle Association while in the military.[79]
In a recorded interview with Time magazine[80] McVeigh professed his belief in "a god", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs." Throughout his childhood, he and his father were Roman Catholic and regularly attended daily Mass at Good Shepherd Church in Pendleton, New York. The Guardian reported that McVeigh wrote a letter to them claiming to be an agnostic and that he did not believe in a hell.[81][82] McVeigh once said that he believed the universe was guided by natural law, energized by some universal higher power that showed each person right from wrong if they paid attention to what was going on inside them. He had also said, "Science is my religion."[83]

Old 08-23-2010, 01:10 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,436,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The left will grasp at non-existant straws to defen terrorists. I want to see where the left's loyality falls once the gay bar is built beside this mosque that will be serving pork and 72 virgin drinks.
Loyalty to either is irrelevant. Both should be acceptable provided each land use complies with local land use laws and have received the applicable approvals from the agencies/jurisdictions that issue the entitlements and permits.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Oh Boy, Crazed Right Wing Conspiracy theories to defend crazed right wing terrorists...
Now it's the FBI's fault, get yer tin foil hats out folks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies