Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 05:52 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,548,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
But why would you want the bees, in this case?

The people who disagree with this community center by and large are NEVER going to find any good in Islam. They've never tried.
There is good in Islam? Like what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 05:53 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,122,659 times
Quote:

The people who disagree with this community center by and large are NEVER going to find any good in Islam. They've never tried.
I personally have my doubts about Islam based on its scripture and how or doesn't seem like the "peaceful" Muslims do enough to take on the radicals and to actually try to create bridges of peace. But actions like this are a great first step. This is just the right thing to do and they deserve some praise for doing so

Old 08-16-2010, 05:56 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,919,367 times
Quote:

Nor do they have to. You do realize that don't you?

And I have supported this group's right to build a mosque in that location which is also near where I live, even though I do not agree with them. Being an American, I know that sometimes I am going to have to support the rights of someone even if I am personally against what they are doing.

Having said that, why should there be a requirement for anyone to find any good in Islam if they don't want to find anything good? When did that become the responsibility of non-Muslims? And are you this frustrated with the aspects of Islam that don't find anything good in other religions? Are you this critical of posters on this site who mock Christianity or Judaism? If you're not, then get off your high horse.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:58 PM

472 posts, read 853,006 times
Quote:

Well, if you want people to find good in Islam, than this is one way of proving there might be good there to find.

It sure beats an "in your face America, we'll do what we want" attitude.

Just sayin'....

29,981 posts, read 42,818,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Great. Now we are going to get another terrorist attack or Allah will lash down on us because we didn't let them build their little Mosque there.

Thanks a lot, you guys. Appeasement, my ass. They have another treat up their sleeves.

Do you suggest we cower like dhimmi instead? It has always been a matter of when the next attack will occur, not if. When we retreat from the middle east we will be fighting this fight on our own homeland. It may be militarily and it most certainly will be a political battle not to allow exceptions for Shariah Law within the US Judicial system.

20,868 posts, read 23,439,179 times
Its a sad day in America when the religious bigots get their way.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:00 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,075,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Looks like the mob won this one. Congrats, guys. With only a 100-to-1 advantage, you've managed to hound a religious minority out of their property. Are you proud?
BUMMER!!!!!

Old 08-16-2010, 06:02 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,075,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
sucks, doesn't it....

5,696 posts, read 6,191,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Muslim leaders to abandon plans for Ground Zero community center (http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/muslim-leaders-to-abandon-plans-for-ground-zero-community-center-1.308426 - broken link)

Insiders say Muslim spiritual leaders behind the controversial initiative are considering giving up on the former World Trade Center location, in a gesture of appeasement.

I bet this is going to pizz off Hamas...

I do not believe this for one minute

2,500 posts, read 2,919,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Are you sure about that? There is a group outside the Time Warner Center here in NYC with a table set up and they're talking to people about atheism. At least one of the people running that table is against the mosque being built. I would guess they will be out there again tomorrow (weather permitting) if anyone would like to check it out for themselves.

This is where people are dropping the ball on the issue. It's easy to say "It's the Republicans" or "It's the religious nuts"; but the truth is even right here in very liberal NYC most people are not in favor of this mosque being built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies