U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-17-2010, 02:32 PM
 
9,643 posts, read 6,735,048 times
Reputation: 5887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Well yes I did it was not to hard to find

I do however respect your opinion so please let me take
mine just a bit further

I have more faith in the American people then having
government decide what is best for me as like in this bill
in question it gives the government to much power
the "government" has always had too much power, this admin is no different.

I have a huge problem with the way this country is going
The Congress and Obama have taken the position that is very clear that what the American citizens want is not
being carried out and the promises made by this administration are worthless ! All that they have done is divide this country and that was the the plan from the start to put 'Social Justice'in place.
again this can be said for any admin. if they do not share your ideals. our country is not anymore divided now than it was during the last admin.

And if what you say is true "there are many people with common sense that have no problem with the direction our country is going" then why are there so many un resolved
issues especially seeing that democrats control both houses
I don't mean to sound so simplistic but we will never solve all our issues. I think to there are enough republicans in office making sure that some of what the dems want will never happen. we are extremely partisan these days

In eighteen months I have yet to see anything change for the positive...Your Thoughts and Examples ?

again you don't see it because obama is not your political ideal. for me and the dems he is and has done a lot, from opening up stem cell research, to regulations on credit cards to health care, to repairing our image in the world. there are no loyal americans who like to believe we are seen as evil in other parts of the world because we see our actions as just. however the other side of that coin is many countries see us as bullies and aggressors.

Here's a link take the time and read it through then you'll
see just how far along they are and why I'm concerned
that to many have come to pass

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i....asp?indid=977

george is a wealthy man who is interested in politics, what it can do for him and what he can do to influence the world from his perspective. he poses no more of a threat than other wealthy powerful men, corporations who are on the other side of the political spectrum. my guess is the right has more money behind them on average than the left.


The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson
thanks for posting mouser
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-17-2010, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Florida
392 posts, read 502,713 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
One real reason I have is her statement of " You'll see
whats in the health care bill once it's passed"

I don't hate her or anybody, I DO dislike what they are
doing to America and future generations and if anyone
with common sense can not see this were in bigger trouble
then I thought

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Thomas Jefferson
X2--- " let them eat cake " Pelosi, she should be in a straight jacket.

Last edited by John Buettner; 08-17-2010 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: adding word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Status: "Only 1 puppies of 11 left to sell." (set 10 days ago)
 
Location: Beautiful Niagara Falls ON.
8,867 posts, read 4,599,307 times
Reputation: 7255
You know why they hate her? She is a woman with power, number one. She's not a red necked good ole boy, number two. She's a liberal and believes in a more just society, number three. She is a very able political operative and is the most effective speaker in decades, number four.
You know when you have to stoop to offensive comments about some ones apperance that you have hit the absolute bottom of the intellegence rating.
A few years back we had a majority conservative government in power. During the election they aired an add making fun of the physical apperence of the liberal candidate. Us libs were overjoyed because Canadians don't like that sort of thing. The conservatives were so crushed in the election that their party, The progressive conservative party ceased to exist. I can only hope for the same fate to befall the GOP. The party of NO. The party that is bankrupt of any ideas at all. The party of division and intolerance. Good ridence to bad rubbish I'd say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2010, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Here
8,691 posts, read 6,879,372 times
Reputation: 4005
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
You know why they hate her? She is a woman with power, number one. She's not a red necked good ole boy, number two. She's a liberal and believes in a more just society, number three. She is a very able political operative and is the most effective speaker in decades, number four.
I couldn't get past this part without laughing myself right out of my chair!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2010, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,085 posts, read 951,220 times
Reputation: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Just looking at that lady makes me want to stab myself in the eye with a fork.
The way I see it you have 3 options.

1. Avoid looking at her at all costs.
2. Go to the kitchen drawer and grab a fork, stab eye. This is not even a great option because you will still have one eye left. You may have to use two forks or use one fork twice.
3. Vote her out. Not entirely in your control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2010, 07:09 PM
 
Location: New Mexico
8,262 posts, read 4,851,886 times
Reputation: 3884
Default Old Lying Scumbag Nancy Pelosi - She Should Be Fired


If she bothers you so much, then you can move to Frisco and vote against her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2010, 07:24 PM
 
Location: NJ
7,292 posts, read 4,042,590 times
Reputation: 4728
Default Fired? we could use her

She is the gift that keeps on giving. Every dem campaign ad should be prefaced or followed up by her famous statement about discounting anything said on the campaign trail as just promises made in the heat of the moment.

Her classic, 'we have to pass Obamacare to see what's in it" should be played in an endless loop.

Don't you just love her acting talent so wonderfully demonstrated when she lamented all the harsh talk that once led to violence and surely would again if Tea Party enthusiasts had their way.

How's her pineapple farm doing in american Samoa?

Any vote cast by her should be nullified based on incompetence and irresponsible behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2010, 07:32 PM
 
29,990 posts, read 20,037,291 times
Reputation: 12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
She is the gift that keeps on giving. Every dem campaign ad should be prefaced or followed up by her famous statement about discounting anything said on the campaign trail as just promises made in the heat of the moment.

Her classic, 'we have to pass Obamacare to see what's in it" should be played in an endless loop.

Don't you just love her acting talent so wonderfully demonstrated when she lamented all the harsh talk that once led to violence and surely would again if Tea Party enthusiasts had their way.

How's her pineapple farm doing in american Samoa?

Any vote cast by her should be nullified based on incompetence and irresponsible behavior.

Nanny's brain would make a good lab experiment for medical scientists to study the long term causal effects of Botox on dementia. Granted, becoming a lab rat would only be a lateral move for the madame Sec. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2010, 07:49 PM
 
9,643 posts, read 6,735,048 times
Reputation: 5887
none of you have come up with anything solid. you are proving my point that you just follow the herd. you do nothing but name call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2010, 07:52 PM
 
9,643 posts, read 6,735,048 times
Reputation: 5887
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
You know why they hate her? She is a woman with power, number one. She's not a red necked good ole boy, number two. She's a liberal and believes in a more just society, number three. She is a very able political operative and is the most effective speaker in decades, number four.
You know when you have to stoop to offensive comments about some ones apperance that you have hit the absolute bottom of the intellegence rating.
A few years back we had a majority conservative government in power. During the election they aired an add making fun of the physical apperence of the liberal candidate. Us libs were overjoyed because Canadians don't like that sort of thing. The conservatives were so crushed in the election that their party, The progressive conservative party ceased to exist. I can only hope for the same fate to befall the GOP. The party of NO. The party that is bankrupt of any ideas at all. The party of division and intolerance. Good ridence to bad rubbish I'd say.
great post, 4 pages later and there is nothing but name calling. she is hated because she is a powerful liberal woman. this thread leaves no doubt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top