U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 05:06 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,752,087 times

Advertisements

Blago guilty on just 1 count as Feds vow retrial - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100817/ap_on_re_us/us_blagojevich_trial - broken link)

Quote:
A federal jury found former Illinois Gov.Blagojevich guilty on Tuesday of one count of lying to federal agents, and the judge said he intends to declare a mistrial on the remaining counts.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 05:10 PM

720 posts, read 637,362 times
Figures!

Old 08-17-2010, 05:11 PM

41,313 posts, read 41,389,205 times
What.a.joke.

Did they blow this or what?

I just have one question;

How could key players in the case, J Jackson Jr, Rahm Emanual, Valerie Jarrett, Durbin and obama escape having to testify in this trial?

Two questions;

Why did the fed prosecutor charge blago and let the whole thing out of the bag BEFORE blago actually went ahead and sold the seat?

Why did the prosecutor cut short the wire tapping and investigation BEFORE an actual crime was committed?

I have an answer.

Fitz could not risk the obama circle actually going for a deal with blago.....on tape.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:13 PM

952 posts, read 835,978 times
Blago guilty on just 1 count as Feds vow retrial

maybe on that count, the Judge could sentence him to 40 years in the Electric Chair...

Old 08-17-2010, 05:14 PM

24,874 posts, read 22,245,843 times
They'll probably give him another trial, but I don't really think its worth it. Do I like what he did, no. Was it anything any other politician, Democrat or Republican, hasn't done before, no.

Honestly, just let it go. The only thing he was convicted on, was lying about something he'd have gotten in no trouble for if he had just told the truth. And, he wouldn't have told the lie, if the charges had never been brought.

Why not spend our tax dollars on other, more important issues.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:18 PM

720 posts, read 637,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
They'll probably give him another trial, but I don't really think its worth it. Do I like what he did, no. Was it anything any other politician, Democrat or Republican, hasn't done before, no.

Honestly, just let it go. The only thing he was convicted on, was lying about something he'd have gotten in no trouble for if he had just told the truth. And, he wouldn't have told the lie, if the charges had never been brought.

Why not spend our tax dollars on other, more important issues.
I agree! Although I would have liked to see him pay the piper, as you stated, very well, it just ain't gonna happen and he is no different from any other politician getting off on charges..Oh well..

Old 08-17-2010, 05:20 PM

3,177 posts, read 3,269,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What.a.joke.

Did they blow this or what?

I just have one question;

How could key players in the case, J Jackson Jr, Rahm Emanual, Valerie Jarrett, Durbin and obama escape having to testify in this trial?

Two questions;

Why did the fed prosecutor charge blago and let the whole thing out of the bag BEFORE blago actually went ahead and sold the seat?

Why did the prosecutor cut short the wire tapping and investigation BEFORE an actual crime was committed?

I have an answer.

Fitz could not risk the obama circle actually going for a deal with blago.....on tape.
I agree.
Put Blago away but make sure the rest of the crooks are free to destroy us.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:26 PM

5,124 posts, read 5,006,201 times
They will find him guilty on this one charge so he can get a slap on the wrist the rest will fade into oblivion.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:32 PM

14,256 posts, read 16,230,350 times
They should just keep trying him until they get the verdict they want.

Isn't that how the justice system works

Old 08-17-2010, 05:34 PM

23,088 posts, read 15,075,796 times
Re-trial. Well maybe the other culprits will be called to testify next time----Obama and the rest of the Chicago machine. One can only hope. I am surprised they don't want this one to go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies