Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 01:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,083,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Tell me, what issue has he weighed in on since obama took office?

Let's see the list.
He did not have to ...the puppet master was the designated spokesman for the Neocons and the previous administration. Only now, Cheney cannot come forward on this issue either. Journalists are not requesting Bush's opinion, they are daring him to have one. He is not being asked to comment on policy, simply to reaffirm his supposedly positive opinion of American Muslims.

Pretty cut and dry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 01:50 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,117,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
As a "Constitutional Professer" Obama tries to straddle both sides of any issue until after it is decided. This is not the mark of a leader. Dithering is a weakness that radical Islam and others recognize alike.
He didn't dither...he stated that under the Constitution the Muslims have a right to have their mosque.....all the lunatic rantings from rightists didn't make him wrong...

Old 08-18-2010, 01:53 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
As a "Constitutional Professer" Obama tries to straddle both sides of any issue until after it is decided. This is not the mark of a leader. Dithering is a weakness that radical Islam and others recognize alike.

It is both respectful and appropriate that Fmr. President G.W. Bush not weigh in on the Ground Zero mosque debate.
And it's perfectly appropriate for journalists to wonder what President G. W Bush might think about the debate, and to ask the question.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,084,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
He didn't dither...he stated that under the Constitution the Muslims have a right to have their mosque.....all the lunatic rantings from rightists didn't make him wrong...
The issue to me is that his response is devastatingly useless. Why doesn't he just hold a presser to proclaim the sky is blue and grass is green? Afterall, he seems to be very good at stating the obvious.

Face it, the President screwed up big time by wading into this debate. Either he supports the mosque location, or he doesn't. Mucking up the waters with Constitutional blather that is totally irrelevant to this controversy proves that this President is not suited for this position. The amateurism is profoundly evident.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The issue to me is that his response is devastatingly useless. Why doesn't he just hold a presser to proclaim the sky is blue and grass is green? Afterall, he seems to be very good at stating the obvious.

Face it, the President screwed up big time by wading into this debate. Either he supports the mosque location, or he doesn't. Mucking up the waters with Constitutional blather that is totally irrelevant to this controversy proves that this President is not suited for this position. The amateurism is profoundly evident.
I believe you to be in collusion with lefty journalists. Because isn't this exactly what the journalists the OP cited are saying?

Old 08-18-2010, 02:55 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,117,192 times
Quote:

"""Mucking up the waters with Constitutional blather that is totally irrelevant """

Kinda sums up the rightists view of the Constitution.....I'll remember that when you want the right to bear arms...

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 08-18-2010 at 04:21 PM..

Old 08-18-2010, 03:06 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,084,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I believe you to be in collusion with lefty journalists. Because isn't this exactly what the journalists the OP cited are saying?
I believe the journalists are hoping to lure GWB out to make a statement simply because bashing him while watching Obama follow a remarkably parallel course is hardly newsworthy anymore. What better way to generate even more controversy than to pit the former President against the current President? Because Obama has clearly dug himself a whole with his inference of support.

It's interesting to me that the leftist media are all of a sudden interested in the wisdom of GWB, but the more I think about it, the more it seems nefarious in its attempt.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I believe the journalists are hoping to lure GWB out to make a statement simply because bashing him while watching Obama follow a remarkably parallel course is hardly newsworthy anymore. What better way to generate even more controversy than to pit the former President against the current President? Because Obama has clearly dug himself a whole with his inference of support.

It's interesting to me that the leftist media are all of a sudden interested in the wisdom of GWB, but the more I think about it, the more it seems nefarious in its attempt.
That's an interesting perspective. Maybe a little paranoid, but there are times when paranoia is justified. However, the MSM has been reporting on GWB since he left office, as I stated in an earlier post where I listed story after story that's been reported JUST THIS MONTH, and I didn't include stories comparing Bush and Obama at all.

If you were a CEO of a company, and you worked closely with Tom Cruise on a project, and Tom Cruise came under fire for a new project he was working on. Would it be crazy if a few reporters wondered what you thought of the new Tom Cruise project, since you had a working relationship with Tom Cruise in the past? Because GWB worked closely with Imam Rauf. This is an Imam Rauf project. It's not one of the projects that GWB worked with Imam Rauf on, but it's related. GWB worked with the Imam to foster better relations between Muslims and Americans. This project is meant to foster better relations between Muslims and Americans. Doesn't seem all that much of a stretch to wonder what GWB thinks about it. Does it?

Old 08-18-2010, 03:20 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,312,931 times
This entire thread reeks of typical liberal hypocrisy. Liberals were falling over themselves to condemn Dick Cheney whenever he spoke out and now they are begging, even demanding that Bush weigh in on this subject.

Admit it, if Bush had spoken out about Obamacare, the response to the Gulf oil spill, the Feds suing the state of Arizona, etc.. you liberals would castrate him. Now all of the sudden you WANT to hear from him? Why, because your idiot leader mistakenly stepped into a debate and waffled on his stance looking like an even bigger moron than he already does? L.O.L. Hypocrites.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
This entire thread reeks of typical liberal hypocrisy. Liberals were falling over themselves to condemn Dick Cheney whenever he spoke out and now they are begging, even demanding that Bush weigh in on this subject.

Admit it, if Bush had spoken out about Obamacare, the response to the Gulf oil spill, the Feds suing the state of Arizona, etc.. you liberals would castrate him. Now all of the sudden you WANT to hear from him? Why, because your idiot leader mistakenly stepped into a debate and waffled on his stance looking like an even bigger moron than he already does? L.O.L. Hypocrites.
No one is asking Bush to speak out about this administration or its policies. So that's something distinct from Cheney, isn't it?

Bush worked with Imam Rauf after 9/11 to foster better relations between Muslims and the United States, Muslims living in the United States and Muslims living abroad. He worked with Imam Rauf. This mosque is a project of Imam Rauf's. Given that Imam Rauf and GWB have a history, GWB's thoughts actually seem to be somewhat relevant to this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies