Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:16 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,807,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm2010 View Post
Do they?
I still would consider it discriminatory, even so.

I mean, imagine the shock and awe over a White Entertainment Television. Be it black or white owned.
oh the bet argument card lmao, bet was created as a counter to MTV because our music wasn't being played on the air

it really wouldnt matter if BET changed the name because it still be a station that caters to an american-black(african american ) crowd period just like you got all the spanish channels still wondering why BET bothers people is beyond me when they have mainstream networks that show their faces all day long however BET doesnt' represent me its just a channel.

Just exactly would white entertainment consist of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 09:18 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,704,248 times
BET isn't already controlled by white people?

Old 08-19-2010, 09:20 AM

472 posts, read 852,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
oh the bet argument card lmao, bet was created as a counter to MTV because our music wasn't being played on the air

it really wouldnt matter if BET changed the name because it still be a station that caters to an american-black(african american ) crowd period just like you got all the spanish channels still wondering why BET bothers people is beyond me when they have mainstream networks that show their faces all day long however BET doesnt' represent me its just a channel.

Just exactly would white entertainment consist of?
No idea
It was just a hypothetical question...

Old 08-19-2010, 09:22 AM

720 posts, read 688,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
a counter to MTV because our music wasn't being played on the air
Only furthers the divide with his argument with one small sentence!

958 posts, read 2,613,237 times
I'm sure one of these days, probably prior to the 2012 election, the old nude pics and facts of infidelity of Sarah Palin will come out, just like they did for Dr. Laura. Birds of a feather...

4,520 posts, read 4,196,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Well considering I think if one gay man calls another gay man a f*g, its a double standard...Once AGAIN, any racially derogatory word used is wrong and if you don't want other people using it, then don't use it yourself(this a generalized statement, not aimed at anyone in particular, I am well aware not everyone uses these words, but well aware they are used and the grounds for their use within a given race, is indeed a double standard and racist)
And what I'm saying is: You'd do yourself a great service if you just GOT OVER IT!! There are going to be things that are okay for some, and not for others. And when it comes to something as idiotic as saying n*gger...is it really that important to get all outraged and indignant!

Old 08-19-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Yeah good ole Al, and his buddies, would have his panties so bunched up no one would get a moments peace!
I swear, some people are more in love with Al & Jesse than they could ever claim a black person was. When will some of you all get (and READ) the memo that "they don't represent/speak for the entire black race"!

Old 08-19-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Only furthers the divide with his argument with one small sentence!
How does that further the divide? I see it as an explanation.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:26 AM

472 posts, read 852,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
And what I'm saying is: You'd do yourself a great service if you just GOT OVER IT!! There are going to be things that are okay for some, and not for others. And when it comes to something as idiotic as saying n*gger...is it really that important to get all outraged and indignant!
You don't understand and will never understand.

Telling someone to "get over it" doesn't make things right or equal and further pushes the racial divide.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:29 AM

720 posts, read 688,945 times
Nah, see I went round and round yesterday about this and only got told to get over it a million times, yet when I reciprocated with get over it, I was told to get off the train...

If they cannot see the blatant racism they promote by excusing it, they never will. and I'm done bantering about it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies