Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 03:14 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times

Advertisements

[quote=flycessna;15554903]That's all fine and dandy and is usefull when trying to look at the small percetage of "real" classic domestic violence in this country.

But for people like myself who have been in the real world dealing with disfunction on a daily basis I see it completely different and how the majority of it plays out.
Oh I am very versed in this subject and I am so very glad that officers are getting DV training to stop the kind of thinking like yours!

"there was a large family in the city I worked in very well known. One of the brothers got involved in drugs and he and his girlfriend were arrested several times for disorderly conduct ect.. Both had issues. But eventually he was arrested for DV against her and she had every abused women advocacy group on her side telling her she was a victim.
They showed her how to file for a protection order, how to get free housing, how to get her own cell phone.. The whole time she was going back and forth with her boyfriend playing head games with her. We told him time and time again to stay away from her... you will be arrested.. but as it is with most of these situations he didn't listen.. she would call him up and invite him over and after a few hours or even a few days of getting along they would argue.. she would call us and he would be arrested.. violation of protection order.. ect. ect.
this went on for a long time and she clearly used it as a means of control and abuse against him..
Why is this her fault? Was he stupid or mentally challenged to not understand he was in violation? He chose to violate the order! He chose to abuse her!
Wow to the fact that she had EVERY Abused Advocasy Group on her side? Why would EVERY one be in on the case and not only the agency that is helping her? Was this a high profile case involving very rich people or did he beat her so badly that they became involved? I find it hard to believe!

he lost his freedoms, lost his license, lost his job... but the situation continued.. his brothers begged us to DO something about her contacting him.. and unfortunately there was nothing we could do.. he never filed anything against her. And there was no law saying she couldn't contact him... only against him! We eventually found him dead where he hung himself.
Well he could have filed for a protection order as well! Again HE CHOSE TO VIOLATE THE PROTECTION ORDER AND HE CHOSE TO ABUSE HER!

It wasn't long afterward.. maybe 6 months.. idk maybe a year but we responded to another domestic asault against her from some other boyfriend..
Oh so it is her fault she is being abused! Sorry buster but everyone has the choice to be abusive or not to be abusive! NOBODY makes anyone be an abuser! That is a bunch of bull ****! Maybe some education on this subject would help you to GET IT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 03:49 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,718,464 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Oh I am very versed in this subject and I am so very glad that officers are getting DV training to stop the kind of thinking like yours

Why is this her fault? Was he stupid or mentally challenged to not understand he was in violation? He chose to violate the order! He chose to abuse her!
Wow to the fact that she had EVERY Abused Advocasy Group on her side? Why would EVERY one be in on the case and not only the agency that is helping her? Was this a high profile case involving very rich people or did he beat her so badly that they became involved? I find it hard to believe!

Well he could have filed for a protection order as well! Again HE CHOSE TO VIOLATE THE PROTECTION ORDER AND HE CHOSE TO ABUSE HER!

Oh so it is her fault she is being abused! Sorry buster but everyone has the choice to be abusive or not to be abusive! NOBODY makes anyone be an abuser That is a bunch of bull ****! Maybe some education on this subject would help you to GET IT

you want to talk about the 1% or probably even less of classic TV DV cases... the one's where the Doctor is an evil control freak and his stepford wife to afraid to leave.. ok thats fine.. but I am talking about real world DV..

everyone knows it takes TWO to tango and men and women deal with anger differently.. add alcahol, drugs, ect. to that mix and you get a time bomb.. a system truely interested in protecting people from DV and murder from DV knows we a needa system that deals with BOTH parties.. and NOT look at it as Women vs Men.. like you want to!

Thank you for reinforcing what it is I am saying. People like yourself are not interested in reducing DV in this country or really protecting people. Your only interest is in how it effects women! because women are always the victim and men are bad.. you all come across as men haters.

This guy is dead and you couldn't care less.. I will find his obit and DM it to you so you can see that someone is really dead because of a screwed up system that people like yourself created

And YES I am all to familiar with your DV feel good one sided totaly biased training where you try to cram down our throats the philosophy that women are always the victim and men are always the abuser. And NONE of us buy it.. we play the game because we know thats what is politically correct but we ALL know the truth! and we all roll our eyes behind your back..

we know DV because we are the ones dealing with it.. Not you.. We are IN the homes and we deal with these people day in and day out. we see the suffering, we see the pain.. and we see the dead bodies.

We are the only ones who really know whats going on and actually care enough to try and stop DV all together and protect everyone..

But back to some comment that you made about this sad case that cost a life.

He was NO ABUSER!!! But she was.. and without writing a novel on the story lets just say that the situation was mutual. It was she the pushed criminal charges. It was not a major DV case.. it started with threats on an answering machine when he was drunk.. OK i get it.. he broke the law.. and you are right... he never filed anything against her. But did you completely ignor the part where she would invite him back... for severl days at a time and ONLY call the police when they argued or she got sick of him.. IS that right?? should our systyem allow that?? he did NOTHING that deseerved him dying and having people like you gloating over it...

he was as much a victim from DV as she was.. but the system did nothing to protect him..

Last edited by flycessna; 08-20-2010 at 04:04 PM..

Old 08-20-2010, 06:18 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
[quote=flycessna;15558616][quote]

you want to talk about the 1% or probably even less of classic TV DV cases... the one's where the Doctor is an evil control freak and his stepford wife to afraid to leave.. ok thats fine.. but I am talking about real world DV..

everyone knows it takes TWO to tango and men and women deal with anger differently.. add alcahol, drugs, ect. to that mix and you get a time bomb.. a system truely interested in protecting people from DV and murder from DV knows we a needa system that deals with BOTH parties.. and NOT look at it as Women vs Men.. like you want to!
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS A CHOICE! PERIOD! NO EXCUSES!

Thank you for reinforcing what it is I am saying. People like yourself are not interested in reducing DV in this country or really protecting people. Your only interest is in how it effects women! because women are always the victim and men are bad.. you all come across as men haters.
FUNNY because I have male clients that I have helped get protection orders against their partners for DV abuse.

This guy is dead and you couldn't care less.. I will find his obit and DM it to you so you can see that someone is really dead because of a screwed up system that people like yourself created

And YES I am all to familiar with your DV feel good one sided totaly biased training where you try to cram down our throats the philosophy that women are always the victim and men are always the abuser. And NONE of us buy it.. we play the game because we know thats what is politically correct but we ALL know the truth! and we all roll our eyes behind your back.. Where did I say women are always the victim?

we know DV because we are the ones dealing with it.. Not you.. We are IN the homes and we deal with these people day in and day out. we see the suffering, we see the pain.. and we see the dead bodies.

We are the only ones who really know whats going on and actually care enough to try and stop DV all together and protect everyone..

But back to some comment that you made about this sad case that cost a life.

He was NO ABUSER!!! But she was.. and without writing a novel on the story lets just say that the situation was mutual. It was she the pushed criminal charges. It was not a major DV case.. it started with threats on an answering machine when he was drunk.. OK i get it.. he broke the law.. and you are right... he never filed anything against her. But did you completely ignor the part where she would invite him back... for severl days at a time and ONLY call the police when they argued or she got sick of him.. IS that right?? should our systyem allow that?? he did NOTHING that deseerved him dying and having people like you gloating over it...

he was as much a victim from DV as she was.. but the system did nothing to protect him.

It does not matter if she invited him back he knew he would be in viiolation end of story you cannot blame her for him going. He was a big boy and made his own decision.
If he made threats to her when he drank maybe he should not drink! Being drunk is only an excuse to abuse. it does not matter to me if they are male or female a teen, gay, or a lesbian if they are in a DV situation and want help I will help them. So get off the high horse. And quit making assumption about me which you know nothing about!

Old 08-20-2010, 06:58 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I think this is a bad idea and waters down the intent of "asylum".

Old 08-21-2010, 08:50 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,718,464 times
[quote][quote=Miborn;15560248]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
Quote:

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS A CHOICE! PERIOD! NO EXCUSES!

FUNNY because I have male clients that I have helped get protection orders against their partners for DV abuse.

Where did I say women are always the victim?

It does not matter if she invited him back he knew he would be in viiolation end of story you cannot blame her for him going. He was a big boy and made his own decision.

If he made threats to her when he drank maybe he should not drink! Being drunk is only an excuse to abuse. it does not matter to me if they are male or female a teen, gay, or a lesbian if they are in a DV situation and want help I will help them. So get off the high horse. And quit making assumption about me which you know nothing about!
Your right! there is no way to specifically know everything about you. What I "think" I know is because of experience with people that appear to be like you. But I guess in the end I will agree to disagree with you.

I just wonder if your "he's a big boy" comment could be turned around..

For all of the women out there being beat by their abusive boyfriends and Husbands.. Is it fair to say.. "she's a big girl, she made the CHOICE to stay with an abuser".. I mean lets face it.. just about 99% of every DV murder started with physicaland mental abuse... why didnt the big girl just leave.. why did she choose to stay with an abuser.. was she stupid?

questions like that turn my stomach because I know the horror behind DV.. and why your comments turn my stomach

Maybe for the same reasons HE CHOSE to keep going back to her risking being arrested.. risked being abused by her.. but to those of us close to this case we ALL knew who was the real abuser.

Fact is I am right about that abuse of protection orders. And it is being recognized.. Judges are now considering throwing out temporary orders where the victim is using it as power and control.. and thats a GOOD THING!

http://www.mediaradar.org/docs/RADAR...ing-Orders.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies