Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2010, 11:04 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Hmmmmmm...OP was about how many meet black cries of racism with disbelief and assertions of playing the race card. He wanted to know, if black people's complaints are bunk, what are some legitimate scenarios that whites will acknowledge are racist scenarios. It would really be helpful, the next time I'm confronted with racism, to have a guideline to go by to distinguish ill intent vs. a genuine misunderstanding.
Well he has already mentioned those dreaded stares.

Examing your posts, my guess would be any encounter between you and a white person would be deemed racist if said white person belched, wore a Larry Bird Jersey, yawned, seemed in a hurry, likes Woody Allen, or heaven forbid, disagreed with you on something.

Most accusations of racism are indeed bunk. If they were genuine, most of us would be on your side. That much I do promise you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 11:04 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Really.........really? The only time I hear Hitlers name thrown around by whites it is usually by white liberals at white conservatives.
Really? Who said anything about throwing around the name?

tout:
Main Entry: 1tout
Pronunciation: \ˈtau̇t, in sense 4 also ˈtüt\
Function: verb
transitive verb 1 : to spy on
2 a British : to spy out information about (as a racing stable or horse) b : to give a tip or solicit bets on (a racehorse)
3 : to solicit, peddle, or persuade importunately <not meant to tout you off the movie — Russell Baker>
4 : to make much of

I don't hear many black people throwing around MLK's name...but I suppose you do, huh?

Old 08-20-2010, 11:06 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:

I will do you more one and say that if some whites stop believing that blacks hold what Jackson and Sharpton say as the bible, race relations will be much improved. All it takes is one racist remark/action from Jackson/Sharpton for some whites to start screaming "see....they're still playing the race card...they still think the white man is holding them down". When will some people learn that Jackson and Sharpton don't speak for all black people (or any I know)?

And it has been my experience that most blacks don't believe all whites are racist, but believe that the automatic incessant clamoring and denial of claims of racism create more division in race relations.
Well I must say the OP himself sounds like he just came out of a reverend wright sermon, so your claims about jackson/sharpton, ring a little hollow.......look at the whole dr laura case , total nonsense, but because of the mentality of the sharptons of this world, it is actually an issue. As far as your last paragraph , I noticed you have a pattern of titfortat, the claims have to be made for them to be denied.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:06 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
My feeling too but I've been slammed for them before. Hyphenated populations and the "need" to identifiy ourselves as "different" is killing this nation, IMO. That is not to diminish the experiences of members of any race, ethnicity, religion but to just state that all humans have unique experiences and we need to focus on our similarities unless we want to remain divided.
Hyphenated American would probably have never started using hyphens if they had originally been accepted as just Americans for the beginning of this country. White people felt the need to practice exclusionary, discriminatory and racist social practices and enact laws as a way getting and maintaining economic and political power. The reality is many White American still see America as “A White Christian Nation”.

Well those days are coming to a close to an end. The reality is a lot of White people don't like this which is why race is such a heated issue these days.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:08 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post

Examing your posts, my guess would be any encounter between you and a white person would be deemed racist if said white person belched, wore a Larry Bird Jersey, yawned, seemed in a hurry, likes Woody Allen, or heaven forbid, disagreed with you on something.

Most accusations of racism are indeed bunk. If they were genuine, most of us would be on your side. That much I do promise you.
And we have no problem accepting this proposition if you can simply demonstrate the logical reasoning and or studies that suppport your proposition. Defend your claims or they are not worth the bits and bytes and packets thad delivered them.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:10 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
There are many whites who tout Hitler. Saying it isn't so is an intellectual embarrassment.

What corner? I was merely providing a comparison to the analogy. Oh, and MLK, Malcolm X, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, NAACP are the chosen weapons of ignorance among the narrow-minded and unenlightened.
Really? How many? Millions? Let's here some answers beyond the usual Stormfront links?

Funny you mention Malcolm X, the man, not the movie you were quoting. The Nation of Islam once had a rather interesting as well as flirtatious liason with the American Nazi Party. Similiar goals, don't ya know?

What corner? The one you have backed yourself into even further by playing the much hackneyed Nazi card.

Now back it up.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:11 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Well I must say the OP himself sounds like he just came out of a reverend wright sermon, so your claims about jackson/sharpton, ring a little hollow.......look at the whole dr laura case , total nonsense, but because of the mentality of the sharptons of this world, it is actually an issue. As far as your last paragraph , I noticed you have a pattern of titfortat, the claims have to be made for them to be denied.

Instead of that line of thinking....just share with us how you discerned that Dr. Larua is not a racist and that her response was not racist. Is it your confidence in white people and lack of confidence in black people. Is it respect for white people and the lack of respect for black people? How do you come to the conclusions?

Old 08-20-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post

Ehhhh......going back and forth with you calls to mind Proverbs 23:9...so maybe it's best I disengage.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:12 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Uhmmmm...that's kind of my point. When given a scenario about a claim of racism, the automatic response of many is "bull". Yet when challenged with "Alright....you say most blacks are crying wolf...what do you consider a true racist scenario?" less than a handful of people were brave and helpful enough to step up to the plate. Sadly, you were not among them.
I didn't write these words..........Could you give me an example of this.........the next time you are confronted with racism, and how it could possibly be a genuine misunderstanding ? If you gave me an example, i could surely address it.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Nope...simply using an analogy in the hopes that you "get it". Not surprised it missed Logical Street and went right up Defensive Avenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies